• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime or Manga

Manga or Anime?

• Neither, I do not like anime or Manga or do not know what they are

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Khaos Angel

Bunny Apprentice To Blue
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 6, 2005
    I like them both but I prefer the anime because I like to see everything in motion, hear the characters voices, etc. The manga is sometimes better because of the way it's drawn, you can read it anytime, and such. But most of the time I prefer the anime.

Furaigon

Flygon iz teh r0x0rz
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Mar 15, 2005
    I like anime since that's all I've seen but I'd like to read some manga if I could find any.

DarknessMonkey

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 27, 2009
    I like reading manga, it's better..
    [Because you can read the original story without edits.]

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2007
    I agree. To me manga is always the best. And most of the time the animes are horibly dubbed. I'm not saying all of them, but most of the ones I have seen are.

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
  • Personally, Manga. I find it more enjoyable then Anime...

But maybe that's because when i'm reading Manga, my sister isn't as embarassed then when I watch anime...(She complains to change the channel).

It also is easier to get into the story because you could read-over certain parts, and sometimes the drawings are better then the anime.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Manga. Yup, since overall the anime's not really "drawn" by the original artists, and also manga allows for other benefits that I'm too tired to type out. lol

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
  • I have a bunch o' both but I prefer Anime for the simple fact I get to relax easier then worry about keeping a page from flopping over. It also has color like this happy face > :)
    Only reason why I read manga is when I wanna get more in-depth with a series, sort of like a dictionary. You get the background music, which can play a key part on some moments as crazy as it sounds. And don't forget about those super cool flashy intro's & endings!

Last edited:

buster_wolf

MUSCLE INFERNO
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    Hmmm. I love both.

Anime. I'll say, yes, you could use your imagination to picture what you want them to sound like, but if you heard the voice of the character, sometimes.... you won't get disappointed. And it's nice to see animated characters moving around and interacting within the story. Sometimes, the anime's story does changes, for better or worst. Sometimes, the quality of artwork could sometimes improve, but nothing's perfect.

Manga. You get a more indepth look into the story and characters. Your imagination is your weapon here, since Manga gives you a lot of freedom on what you can think of (such as your own background music, character voices, and so on.) The art quality is usually good in manga.

My final view is that... both are good, they're like Salt and Pepper. But since I'm here anyway... I'll vote.... manga. I sometimes like salty stuff. =P

manga-ka

凸 shut up.......&#20984
    Years
  • I like manga becuese its cheaper and you can read over and over agian and also
    anime sometimes is not as good as the origanal manga.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    im not the greatest with imagining things so I have to actually see it with my own two eyes, so I suppose im more on the Anime side here. Even though if I've seen the anime before I then can relate to the manga.

Years
  • Manga pwns anime!!! More descriptitions all things has an answer, you can guess the continue as a dedective... You can't do those things for animes...

Back