• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime Team Challenge (Anime)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceFireLighnting

As I said before: you can use any pokemon they own. Oh, and I should've said that you can't use pokemon that they never really caught; Ash's Larvitar and Haunter, others. So if Gary didn't trade them away, or release them, then sure!

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Working on assembling a Paul team. So far I have a Elekid, Teddiursa, and a Murkrow. A Murkrow with Sky Attack too.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Whelp, since I'm going to beat every challenge Pokecommunity can offer, might as well get started on this one. One quick question, though. You said we were allowed to hack to get two of the Pokemon. If I were to do Ash, and use his Snorlax on Red Version, would I be allowed to hack in Ice Punch? The anime Snorlax knows Ice Punch (Defeats Greta's Hariyama). If it is allowed, my team will be Snorlax, Muk, Pikachu, and Charizard.

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Whelp, since I'm going to beat every challenge Pokecommunity can offer, might as well get started on this one. One quick question, though. You said we were allowed to hack to get two of the Pokemon. If I were to do Ash, and use his Snorlax on Red Version, would I be allowed to hack in Ice Punch? The anime Snorlax knows Ice Punch (Defeats Greta's Hariyama). If it is allowed, my team will be Snorlax, Muk, Pikachu, and Charizard.

He said 2 cheats. I think he meant to get Pokemon ... But ... IDK why you couldnt do it. Your also nuts to do all those challenges

Sora247_2009

Will Sprite for food!!
    Years
  • I'd like to withdraw my previous emerald challenge with Ash, in favour of a challenge on Heart Gold, also with Ash.

PC Username: Sora247_2009
    Character: Ash
    Team: Lapras, Typhlosion, Noctowl, Venusaur, Tauros, Primeape/Butterfree (undecided)
    Cheating?: No, but I will trade in a Bulbasaur egg.

The Sceptile King

Just came back from a break!
    Years
  • I'd like to withdraw my previous emerald challenge with Ash, in favour of a challenge on Heart Gold, also with Ash.

PC Username: Sora247_2009
    Character: Ash
    Team: Lapras, Typhlosion, Noctowl, Venusaur, Tauros, Primeape/Butterfree (undecided)
    Cheating?: No, but I will trade in a Bulbasaur egg.

I think you have to use the pokemon in the forms they are in

so instead of typhlosion and venasaur

bulbasaur and qualava

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
  • I think you have to use the pokemon in the forms they are in

so instead of typhlosion and venasaur

bulbasaur and qualava

Yeah, you & GFA are right.
    Plus it's part of the fun/challenge to use their forms too.

Anyway, update time (small but still)
    -Made my way back to Jubilife city and went North from there.
    -Battled with Dawn (who was garbage as she just used tackle.. -.-)
    -Continued north and went through the little cave, battled a few trainers and got to Floaroma town.
    -Battled a few galactic weirdos and got the works key.
    -Opened the door that the guy had locked, the wimpy idiot.
    -Beat all the galactic people
    -Defeated the galactic boss person, (can't remember her name..), and can I tell you, this was not an easy battle.
    -Healed up and did a bit of grinding.

Team:
    ~Pichu level 16.
    ~Bulbasaur level 16
    ~Krabby level 16
    ~Mankey level 17

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    New stuff happens.

- Went back to Jubilife and pwned the Shady Men.
    - Got ahold of a King's Rock, and...
    - Slowking get!
    - Caught a Bidoof as an HM Slave (named her Cinderella for obvious reasons) and taught her Rock Smash.
    - Took an epic trek of epic through that cave thingy.
    - Came out the other side and gave Slowking and Heracross some training, even though I should probably be training someone else.
    - Made it to Floaroma, healed, then walked right out again, with no intention of going back.
    - The people who are dressed like spacemen won't let me in.
    - So Heracross beats them up until they do.
    - However, he makes me leave anyway, and so I beat the Grunts harassing the honey dude until he conveniently finds the Works Key on the floor.
    - And it's back to the Valley Windworks to fight wondergirl Mars and her cronies...

IceFireLighnting

K. I'm back. I...um...had something to, uh, do...

Roughsponge, GFA and TSK: You are correct. You HAVE to use the forms that they are currently in. It just so happens that 4 of the Pokemon that I chose were done evolving. Hah.

myrrhman: Yes, I said that at least two of the moves that the Pokemon know HAVE TO BE THE SAME AS IN THE ANIME. I don't care how it learns the move, I just want it to be as similar as possible.

Sora: I shall re-register you.

Sora247_2009

Will Sprite for food!!
    Years
  • Thanks. I started, but made little progress. I did, however, get a Quiet Cyndaquil and grind him to level 10, catching a Hoothoot on the way, who I also got to level 10. Right now I'm just waiting for Bulbasaur to hatch so I can progress further into the game. I also decided on my last member, Donphan.

BitLord

I do not like turtles.
    Years
  • Sign me up! I'll be Zoey and playing Platinum.

UPDATE 1 :
    - Chose Chimchar as the starter (Question to IceFireLightning: Zoey was seen using a Chimchar in a flashback in "Classroom training!". Can i still use it as a regular part of the team?)
    - Did the usual boring stuff.

Last edited:

IceFireLighnting

FIIIIIIIILLLLLLLEERRRRRRSSSSSSSSS. Are. Stupid.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • All right, then my team will be...

Snorlax: Ice Punch, Body Slam, Surf, Rock Slide
    Charizard: Flamethrower, Fly, Strength, Earthquake
    Muk: Body Slam, Poison Gas, Thunderbolt, Mega Drain

I'll be hacking in the Snorlax with Ice Punch, and the Muk.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
  • Sounds like fun, sign me up!

Character: Paul
    Game: Platinum
    Team: Torterra, Electivire, Magmortar, Aggron, Ursaring, Drapion.

I'll just start with Turtwig and trade for Aron, Elekid and Teddiursa as soon as its possible too. Then I'll capture Skorupi and Magmar as I continue my adventure.
    Also, I plan to keep the movesets accurate, so I'll do some research into them on Bulbapedia.

IceFireLighnting

You guys will most certainly be signed up. YAY! More people!:)

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • I have a few questions about Pokémon legality.

1. Are Pokémon seen with trainers but not confirmed to be owned by them, like Donphan for Jimmy (Johto) or Meowth for Jessie or James, legal?
    2. Are uncaught Pokémon (Ash's Larvitar) legal?
    3. Are Pokémon briefly owned and unused in battle (Ash's Raticate, Ash's Seaking, Misty's Seaking) legal? If not, can Misty's Goldeen evolve?
    4. Which trainers are the Team Rocket Charizard & Aggron from AG177 legal for?
    5. Can Ash's Aipom evolve?
    6. Can Pokémon be caught in forms lower than their initial form in the anime (catching Jessie's Wobbuffet as a Wynaut) if their initial anime form is catchable in the wild?
    7. Can Pokémon traded for each other (Jessie's Lickitung & Wobbuffet, Ash and Dawn's Aipom & Buizel) be on the same team?
    8. Are Pokémon mentioned as owned but never seen (Ritchie's Eevee) legal?
    9. Are dub-only Pokémon (Ritchie's Eevee again) legal?

There's a lot of clarification needed on legality. I might come up with more.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • From where I was, I beat the Rockets in the Game Corner and got Silph Scope. Then I beat the Pokemon Tower. Got Fly and after Snorlax, I finally got to Fuchsia. I immediately went to the Safari Zone to get an Exeggcute and Nidoran M. I also got the Warden's Teeth and Surf. Then I got Strength and flew back to Celedon.

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    OK. Im dumping the FireRed challenge for now, but Ill probably resume it. I now have my Paul Diamond team figured out, here is what it will be:

Aggron: Earthquake, Iron Tail, Stone Edge, Surf
    Gastrodon: Earthquake, Muddy Water, Waterfall, Sludge Bomb
    Honchkrow: Aerial Ace, Fly, Night Slash, Shadow Ball
    Hariyama: Brine, Close Combat, Force Palm, Thunder Punch
    Magmortar: Cross Chop, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Rock Tomb
    Torterra: Earthquake, Frenzy Plant, Leaf Storm, Stone Edge

Not what youd expect for a Paul based Team is it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back