• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime Watchers Club

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
Years
  • I love anime.
    I been watching anime for a long time ever since I was little. (Doraemon tapes rofl.)

Anyways, me joiny!

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Can I join? This seems interesting...

Do you refer to japanese animation as "anime"?
    Yes. More out of habit than anything else though.
    Do you get upset when people call japanese animation 'cartoons'?
    No, because that's what they are.
    Do you commonly use words like 'nani' and 'baka' even though you can't speak Japanese?
    Nope.
    Have you learned all the Japanese you know from watching anime?
    A few phrases. Everything else I know comes from actual studying...which isn't too much in itself.

Do you prefer subs, dubs or both?
    Both, it depends on the cast used. Some of the original versions have had horrendous dubs while their English counterparts have been much better, vice versa.

I've yet to watch One Piece, any good?
    It's a really good show, but you have to be in it for the long haul since it's one of the longest running modern anime on air right now.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
  • Can I join? This seems interesting...

Yes. More out of habit than anything else though.
    No, because that's what they are.
    Do you commonly use words like 'nani' and 'baka' even though you can't speak Japanese?
    Nope.
    A few phrases. Everything else I know comes from actual studying...which isn't too much in itself.

Do you prefer subs, dubs or both?
    Both, it depends on the cast used. Some of the original versions have had horrendous dubs while their English counterparts have been much better, vice versa.

It's a really good show, but you have to be in it for the long haul since it's one of the longest running modern anime on air right now.

Yes of course! Welcome to the club!

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Do you tend to like good guys or bad guys? Well it is mostly the good guys. But sometimes there are some bad guys out there that are pretty cool. And you can't help but feel sorry for them. Others though...you wish they will die!

Do you refer to japanese animation as "anime"? Yes I do.

Do you get upset when people call japanese animation 'cartoons'? Nah.

Do you commonly use words like 'nani' and 'baka' even though you can't speak Japanese? Sometimes I do, not all the time.
    If yes, do you know what 'nani' and 'baka' mean? Yep. Nani = What? and Baka = stupid or idiot
    Have you learned all the Japanese you know from watching anime? Well, not really. Because they talk too fast, lol. But I picked up a few words here and there. But there is no way I could learn by watching, I have to study it. Which it won't happen anytime soon. D:

Do you prefer subs, dubs or both? Well I like both. But it depends. Like if I think the dub is bad, then I will stick to the subs. I will just watch the sub a lot more. If I think the sub is bad, then I will stick to the dub. But I know the original will always be better. I just want to see anime in English. And as long there is Japanese with English subtitles, I am set. If the DVD didn't include the Japanese with English sub...then that is not good to me. It has to have it, but if it doesn't oh well. I guess it will do.

Yay welcome to the club Angel Shaymin and Ryoutarou!!

Last edited:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Do you prefer subs, dubs or both?
    I prefer Dubs, Subs don't really 'translate' some of the words the characters speak. Here's an Example:

Law of Ueki Episode 40
    + Mori is gonna find out what her power when she heard Memory talk about her glasses:
    Dubbed Edition:
    Memory shows a chart on the chances of Mori winning.
    Mori: What's that 'Memory-Memory-O?'
    Memory: Huh? What do you mean by that.
    - Memory looks down -
    Memory: Oh That's Memory - X, Mori - O. Use you glasses silly.
    Mori: My Glasses? Wait Sano* wrote something about glasses.
    - Mori looks down the list that Sano gave to her -
    Mori: I didin't notice that before, I think that was a typo but if you look at that closer, It's just Sano's Bad Handwritting.
    Mori: Wait, That can't be my power! I wonder...

XD, I can't tell you more. Spoilers do not rawk for some people.

Sub-Titles Edition:
    Memory shows a chart on the chances of Mori winning.
    Mori: What's that 'Memory-Memory-O?'
    Memory: Huh? What do you mean by that.
    - Memory looks down -
    Memory: Oh That's Memory - X, Mori - O.
    Mori: The O is Me, Huh? Wait.
    - Mori looks down the list that Sano gave to her -
    Mori: No, That's it...That can't be my power!

See? The Dubbed Edition makes a lot of sense.

Yes. Depends.

Kinda, When I see a magazine calls Animes, Cartoons. I tell to myself. There's a whole difference between Anime and Cartoon.
    Do you commonly use words like 'nani' and 'baka' even though you can't
    speak Japanese?
    Nope, I don't even know what that means!

If yes, do you know what 'nani' and 'baka' mean?
    I don't.

Subtitles are blurry DD:
    I learn some from Del Rey Mangas :3

*Sano is another character in The Law of Ueki

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
  • Do you have a subscription to an anime magazine or do you buy issues of one?
    Have you ever answered a question with "hai"?
    Did you name a pet after an anime character?

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Wow, you are good at coming up with questions, Baka Tenshi! =D

Do you have a subscription to an anime magazine or do you buy issues of one? No, can't say I do. All I learn about anime(other than watching it) is from Wikipedia, and threads like this one. ^_^

Have you ever answered a question with "hai"? Not that I recall, heh.

Did you name a pet after an anime character? No pets, though I have several Pokemon named after anime characters: Shikamaru the Gallade, Kuchiki the Lucario, Akamaru the Arcanine, and a box full of Shellos named after FMA characters. I am trading them to whoever wants them. XD

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
  • Do you have a subscription to an anime magazine or do you buy issues of one? Yes, Newtype!
    Have you ever answered a question with "hai"? All the time *is a dork* ^^;;;
    Did you name a pet after an anime character? Yes! My cat is named Kouta which is a character from Elfen Lied....although the chatacter is male where as my cat is female XD

Sakuya

I will protect Yuki eternally.
    Years
  • Welcome to the club, Angel Shaymin and Ryoutarou! :D New peoples, yay! ^^

@Angela: One Piece is okay. I really haven't followed it as close as I should. XD

Do you have a subscription to an anime magazine or do you buy issues of one?
    I have a subscription to Shonen Jump and I buy Anime Insider a lot, but it mostly depends on the content of the animes inside.

Hai. XD j/k, but I do a lot to my parents, friends and even teachers (though I try not to say it to my teachers....

My cat's name is Dot but when I'm alone with her, I usually call her Sakura. XD

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
  • Is there anything that you wished existed for anime merchandise but you cannot find it anywhere? For example a t-shirt or plush etc

For me, there are several animes that do not seem to have an official shirt that I wish did! Like Elfen Lied for example! I cannot even find a wallscroll for this anime ;_;
    I also wanted a Chobits shirt but the only one I have seen says "I want my own persacom" or something like that. I just wanted one with a cute pic of Chii on it.

Making shirts is not an option....that always fails or just looks dumb. I just tend to like official shirts.

Sakuya

Years
  • Is there anything that you wished existed for anime merchandise but you cannot find it anywhere? For example a t-shirt or plush etc

I've seen an Elfen Lied wallscrolls before. D: I really really really really want a Ryuhou plushie (s-CRY-ed). ;_____;

Inept Prodigy

Skillfully Unskilled
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    Do you have a subscription to an anime magazine or do you buy issues of one?
    I have bought a few issues of anime insider.

Yes, I have. Not very often though, it hasn't become a habit yet.

I don't have any pets, but I did name some on games after anime characters. XD Like on Harvest Moon, I named my cat Kyou after Souma Kyou from Fruits Basket. Some other animals too.

Is there anything that you wished existed for anime merchandise but you cannot find it anywhere? For example a t-shirt or plush etc
    D.N.Angel merchandise. There might be some, but I've never seen it anywhere. Never seen a plush, wall scrolls, anything of it.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
  • D.N.Angel merchandise. There might be some, but I've never seen it anywhere. Never seen a plush, wall scrolls, anything of it.
    I have a DN Angel wallscroll of Dark <33333333

Is there anything that you wished existed for anime merchandise but you cannot find it anywhere? For example a t-shirt or plush etc

I've seen an Elfen Lied wallscrolls before. D: I really really really really want a Ryuhou plushie (s-CRY-ed). ;_____;
    Do you remember where you saw the Elfen Lied wallscroll?

Inept Prodigy

Skillfully Unskilled
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    Really? I haven't seen anything on D.N.Angel. Not even a Wiz plush, which I thought would be common.

Inept Prodigy

Skillfully Unskilled
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    Ooh, cool. I'll have to search around more.

I probably wouldn't care either. :P Aww, no Wiz.

Sakuya

Years
  • Do you remember where you saw the Elfen Lied wallscroll?
    In an FYE store near where I live. D: I'll go see if I can find it...

*searches the vast space of the Intarwebz*

Gah, I can't find the link on the internet, but I know it existed. I thought about buying it. XD

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
  • That is one wallscroll I want really bad XD

I have FMA, Inuyasha, DN Angel, Kenshin, Chobits, fate/stay night & Death Note ones.

Back