• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime Watchers Club

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
    I have only been turned off by two magical girl anime in my career of anime watching:

Kamichama Karin: My religion is important to me, so the concept of a little girl gaining power by saying "I am God" didn't sit well with me.

Magical Kanan: At the time I found this, I didn't realize there were both a non-hentai and a hentai version; and the stash of episodes I discovered were from the hentai version...let's just say I frantically clicked away from it when the transformation started.

Lilliputian.

l0l hawt!!!1
    Years
    *reappears* Is there a genre you tend to stay away from?

Erm... Romancey shoujo stuff. I don't really like romancey stuff (unless it's two guys... and even then I don't like it to be too loveydovey.) I mean... romance is okay on the side, I guess, but as a main plot, the story would have to be really compelling to get my interest.

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
    Slayers--there's a lot of comic moments to balance out the adventure, and a whole bunch of notable quotables.
    Ultra Maniac--A little of everything here, but what made it fun was seeing how Ayu and Nina became close friends.
    Yes! PreCure 5--One of the better magical girl series I've seen as of late, and with actual character development among all five characters! I'm just sad that subbing is slow going.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Welcome to the club red king!

Well I would recommend REC, Special A, Lovely Complex, Kare Kano, Slayers, etc...if others haven't heard of them yet. Most of the time everyone hears of the popular/overrated titles over the not so popular/underrated ones. It is good to get a nice balance. ^^

Genres I stay away from are some mecha, horror, and hentai. Ecchi...I might get into that as long it is tasteful and it isn't too extreme.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Hmm...I was thinking ecchi isn't as extreme as hentai. I guess it means the same thing. @_@

Nevermind, I won't get into ecchi either. Can't get into detail of the definition. Sorry everyone. I guess I don't know my anime vocabuary. ^^;

Back