• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime you cannot stand!

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I forgot one:

Sonic X
    The only Sonic-related things I Don't despise with all my being are the Master System games and Sonic 1-3 for Sega Genesis

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
    oh lawl. i never really thought about this but i would say. basically any anime that's on adult swim. gayest crap ever.

Yay! Finally someone else who feels the same as I do. Normally whenever I say Adult Swim anime sucks I get yelled at, like saying I'm more of a Harry Potter girl in front of a bunch of pre-pubescent twilight fans with hardcover copies of the books. O_O

Ashitaka

Spirit of Snorlax
    Years
    Seems like most of the popular shonen series annoy the heck out of me (Naruto, Bleach, Dragonball Z, Yu-Gi-Oh! etc.)

And I have to add most of the post-Johto Pokemon to this, it's just gotten...ugh. I usually end up liking most of what I watch, mainly just because I carefully research series before I bother to get into them, but with everyone spazzing of Haruhi Suzumiya I figured it HAD to be good and ended up not even being able to watch two episodes of it.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Pokemon

No anime should last more than 500 episodes and have the exact same plot thru the whole thing.
    So sad, but true.

I remember the last post I made with a thread similar to this, If I remember correctly, I put in: Lucky Star, The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Code Geass, Naruto.

And I ended up having it in my favorites in MAL from one time to another. I'll just say you can't judge an anime with first impressions. (With that philosophy, I manage to have Maria+Holic and Saki as my favorites.)

The only anime (or series) that I hate is the Gundam series. I gave one or another of the anime I try, but seriously, I just can't stand it.

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
    I hate Naruto and DragonBalls it's soo Old and Yucks :3... And the Characters is like Over-acting, No Offense for the fans.

Sweet Visions

..is cool!
    Years
    I never really liked Naruto that much. I don't care for anime in general, I just like one, which happens to be disliked here. -tear tear

Years
    Lucky Star, Ghost in the Shell, Kanon, Naruto, and the Bleach anime. I used to watch The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya but it was hard for me to stay interested in. I sat through an episode of One Piece (it comes on at 11PM where I live) and decided to just go to sleep the following night. o.o

redragon94

~dragon~
    Years
    hope you are all joking...naruto and dragonball are like the best animes in japans history, they are legends, i guess you never watched it that far. the same goes for bleach, they are "must see" tbh.
    an anime i cant stand is bobobobo bobobo - what is the plot and whats actually goin on?

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Anything I really, really couldn't stand I dropped almost straight away.
    And as of recent, those would be:
    - Akikan!
    - Asu no Yoichi
    - Kurokami
    - Queen's Blade

I really hate mecha anime as well.. robots just aren't my thing (except in Code Geass :D).
    Oh and the "mainstream" stuff like Naruto I detest.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
    -Pokemon post-Johto: Dozens of other people have said this five times better than I could.

Nooo....why'd they ruin Pika like that.....? He used to be my idol.....

-
    Any other Nintendo anime (I.E. Mario or Zelda anime's)
    -Dragon Ball ANYTHING. Used to like it. Of course, I also used to draw on the cats with sharpie.
    -One Piece. Luffy<Naruto. AND NARUTO=VERY LOW IN THE FIRST PLACE!!
    -Naruto (dubbed only). The original in Japanese is actually fine. ENGLISH SHIPPUDEN=DIAHRREA
    -More when it comes to me.

Also, I'd like the record to show that Naruto<<<<<<<<<Grey Fox.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    Yeah, I agree. Is it me, or do animes go waaay slower than mangas? O_O

You mean like Shugo Chara or Naruto? The manga is WAAAAY faster than the anime, because they didn't want the anime to advance faster than the manga. That's why fillers are introduced.

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
    Years
    The only one I absolutely can't stand is Naruto. There are others I just don't like that much, but I don't hate them or anything. Naruto, though, I just can't stand.

Does every single anime count? (>3>)

Nah, there are a few good ones and there's not really any I can't stand, it's just that I don't think I'll ever watch some of them unless I have absolutely nothing to do. In general, anime adaptions of long running series are my fandom's kryptonite.

• Naruto
    Those are off the top of my head, although I should note that some of their manga counterparts I read, seeing as how it's original and just a lot faster.

Naruto

These are just general series, franchises, etc. I'm probably forgetting some shows right now as well.

Naruto (See: Above 2)

Thats about it.

Naruto - There's too many filler episodes. I mean, you just talk about

Naruto - It's just so overrated. I mean, I don't think it's the worst thing ever coinceived, but it's nowhere near good. And all the characters suck.

I guess that's it basically. I'm not a hateful person when it comes to anime- there are many series I dislike, but these three are the only ones (that I can think of right now) I can't stand.

What's so bad about Serial Experiments Lain? =(

I don't really understand the level of hype around a couple of series - Naruto,

Oh, my, you're probably gonna kill me for this, but...

-Naruto: Too popular, too many fillers, etc.

• Naruto
    There are also other shows that I won't touch simply on general principle alone, but I won't go into those.

As for Anime, my top would be the filler parts in Naruto. They just piss me off because:
    A: They have NOTHING to do with the friggin' series!
    B: It makes up things about some of the character's pasts that aren't even true
    C: Sometimes it messes up the story
    So yeah...I love Naruto though (the manga I mean) don't get me wrong :) The anime just bugs me sometimes with all the fillers. Otherwise, I guess I don't mind it too much.

Tee-hee. Ranting time~
    There are many more, but these are the big ones.

Naruto - Boring. Overrated. Annoying fanbase. -harsh-

Naruto (Anime only though)

Naruto (Anime sucked but manga good)

I can't stand:

Naruto

Naruto. No. Just. No.

Naruto - I just don't get it.

That's all I can think of that I cannot stand to watch.

Naruto, (insert anime here where female characters are pure eye candy)......

I cant stand Naruto.
    The plot isnt at all very good, the characters are hella annoying,and most of all the fanbase is HUGE and full of horrible lil weaboos.

Naruto - Every reason that's already been mentioned. =/

• Naruto: for all the fillers, but I love the manga.

I can't stand Naruto.

Mostly Naruto because it clogs the internet (like Youtube) with junk. Now I can't even try it to see if I'd actually like it because it's gotten such a bad image in my head. I did see a little of it once and thought it was too dumb.

Naruto (although it does make for a good abridged...)

Naruto
    Dunno much else ^^;;

Naruto OVERRATED!!!

I used to watch Naruto...but I can't stand it now. I can't. It's just seem so stupid to me now. > :

Someone please explain to me just WHAT is so appealing about:

--Naruto (I honestly tried to watch episode 1 and gave up, it was so confusing)

Seems like most of the popular shonen series annoy the heck out of me (Naruto).

So sad, but true.

I remember the last post I made with a thread similar to this, If I remember correctly, I put in: Naruto.

Naruto- It sucks big time...
    The.......Suzimaya- One word: OVERRATED

I hate Naruto it's soo Old and Yucks :3... And the Characters is like Over-acting, No Offense for the fans.

I never really liked Naruto that much. I don't care for anime in general, I just like one, which happens to be disliked here. -tear tear

-Naruto (dubbed only). The original in Japanese is actually fine. ENGLISH SHIPPUDEN=DIAHRREA
    -More when it comes to me.

Also, I'd like the record to show that Naruto<<<<<<<<<Grey Fox.
    Yes, all of the posts I just quoted, I couldn't even say it better. Naturo is the main anime on Toonami I cannot stand. Naruto is the most overrated show in anime history.

Super Pichu

Pichu Lover
    Years
    I am not that into anime, but i used to like the pokemon show up until D/P, and i used to watch DBZ all the time, but i sorta grown out of it now, but i still play the games.
    I feel out of place, as half of this forums population are anime fans, who have them in their avatars (not that thats bad) :P

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    The poster a few posts ago makes me laugh when I see HOW many people hate Naruto. Even me, but meh.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Code Geass and anything recent by CLAMP.

LEARN TO ANATOMY, PLEASE.

Back