• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime you cannot stand!

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I've never liked Sailor Moon, or Pretear...I hate when incompetent, clumsy damsels are the heroes. And Bleach because it's just a shameful ripoff of Yu-Yu Hakusho.

Matsu Razu

Your Loyal Illusionist
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    Actually, there aren't any that come to mind. I'm sure there are some, but none that I can think of.
    And.. is it so wrong to like the ones that most people here hate? For example...
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - At first it seems really random/crazy/not thought out, but in the 2nd season it starts making sense, and it's really cool. I have to say, this is one of my favorites because of that.
    Lucky Star - Wouldn't say I'm a big fan of this, but, I don't mind it. It does have its funny parts.
    Vampire Knight - Firstly, let me tell you, I hate Twilight. But I love this series. Honestly, they both have vampires and whatnot, but other than that I don't see any big similarities. In my opinion, Twilight was very poorly written, and I couldn't even bear to watch the movie. VK's anime may be a bit too... overdone, at times, but the manga is a lot better.
    Loveless - Okay, at first, I thought I would hate this one. I mean, the first book I read, it has pretty much no plot. It's basically a jumble of a bit of everything, which makes it a bit hard to explain the story, really. But honestly towards the end, similar to what I said about TMoHS, it starts making sense. And maybe it's just me, but I love the artist/author, Yun Kouga's, style of artwork.

But, oh well. To each their own opinion, I suppose.

TrainerJen

i love food :D :) :) :)
    Years
  • Well i like peach girl.
    And shugo chara :)
    i like alot of animes but those that i listest are the ones i watch alot :)
    EDIT:
    sorry i forgot one i like vampire knight XD
    also bleach
    Edit once again:
    LOL sorry i have alot to list but here are some more
    Pokemon[well everyone loves pokemon 8D]
    Naruto [dont kill me :(]

paramnsiia

PokeNerd.
    Years
  • Inuyasha; Seriously. I cannot stand the music. Not one note of it. Plus, the entire plot. GROSS.

One Piece; I promised myself I'd stay away from this one. Just. No. Don't get me started.

Dragonball; I absolutely hate all of them. It gives me a headache just thinking about it. Ugh.

Bobobo-Bo-Bobobo; Seriously. I think this is a disgrace to anime of all kinds. This makes My Little Pony look fun. I'd rather be watching that.

Avatar; Seriously, this shouldn't even be counted as anime. It's pathetic. I can't find any other word to describe it.
    Bakugan; Seriously. I rip-off of Pokemon/Digimon/Yu-gi-oh mixed. Seriously. People need better ideas. Wait. The people who are them are no better, because they allow this to air.

Sonic; I don't like the anime. I like the /old/ games though...

NARUTO; *shakes head* Oh dear. Where to begin. Well, I won't even bother. If you want to know, read other posts before mine. That should clear this up. c:

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
  • Why do so many people hate Lucky Star? *coughs*Konataownsyouall*coughs* Huh? I didn't say anything....
    Just kidding.

Erm well I really don't like most of the Gundams (Mobile Fighter G Gundam would be an exception)
    I can't stand Yu-Gi-Oh either (Well the first season was pretty decent, second season was meh, tolerable, however after the second season everthing about Yu-Gi-Oh began to suck.)

Bay

Years
  • Usually I like all the anime shows that I watched as I'm trying to keep an open mind. However, there are a couple that I couldn't stand.

Le Chevalier D'Eon: Maybe it's just me judging from the first episode, but I don't know if I would like it after watching it. I thought I would like it as it's sorta historical fiction, but some scenes are disturbing and not big on zombies.

K-On! Again, maybe just me judging from first episode, which I shouldn't. :x Don't know, already the characters rubbed me off the wrong way. Also, perphaps also the fanbase back when a lot of people were talking about it, everyone having K-ON avatars and banners (after the first episode ._.), and the ending theme (I liked it though XD; ). I might give it a second chance, but not sure, and I usually give popular animes a chance (which results in me being fine with them). XD;

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Pokemon (after Kanto): Seriously, a completely new cast of characters (and non-lazy writers who don't recycle) would do this tired show a world of good. I wouldn't have even gotten into fan-fiction if this was even halfway decent:/
    Naruto: I actually sat through six or seven episodes of this before turning away in disgust. Seriously? Filler after filler, annoying characters, uninspired character designs, and a ninja who dresses up like a traffic cone? Pass. And that doesn't even take into account the fanbase.
    Evangelion: For all the attempts to make it into the psychological mecha show to end all psychological mecha shows, what results is a convoluted mess with characters I could never sympathize with, and an ending that's just plain bizarre.
    One Piece: If the horrible dub hadn't ruined it for me, the fugly character designs would have.
    Dragon Ball Series: See above comment on poor character designs, but add in a dose of "overdramatized battles that overshadow a paper-thin plot." If my brother hadn't been a fan back in the day, I would have never watched this. And I might have been less bitter and irritable.
    Gurren Lagann: Perhaps doesn't belong here because I *can* watch it, but after being promised something epic, the actual product failed to live up to the claims.

Caveat: Haruhi Suzumiya and Lucky Star do not appear on this list because I have yet to watch them. Which I may or may not ever get around to doing.

Tyranitar.

The Reborn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2012
    Animes I can't stand...

Naruto- Simply because of the fillers and taking so long to start a fight -.-.
    Dragon Ball GT- ...Goku's a kid again..
    Inu Yasha- I liked this when I was little now I can't stand it for some reason o.o
    Gundam Seed Destiny- Cause of Shinn. -.- I really hate that guy xD.
    Beyblade- I liked the first season but ever since Daichi came it was horrible ;-;.
    Battle B-Damon - they made it too dramatic xD.

All I can think of now. D=.

T3h Kaiser

Jovial Fool
    Years
  • Lucky Star is really the only anime that I cannot stand. Just thinking about that scene from the first episode, where they sit around and discuss the proper way to eat their food... I just don't understand why anyone would find that amusing. It makes me quiver with rage just thinking about it, and I am usually not one for such strong reactions to things like that. It is a bad show, and anyone who likes it is a bad person.

As for shonen stuff like Naruto and Bleach and whatnot, I can at least understand the audience better and I can see why they like it. It's appealing to a certain, simpler audience... and that's fine. There's nothing wrong with that. Those shows aren't really my thing, but they're targetting a different audience and I am okay with that.

Bay

Years
  • Lucky Star is really the only anime that I cannot stand. Just thinking about that scene from the first episode, where they sit around and discuss the proper way to eat their food... I just don't understand why anyone would find that amusing. It makes me quiver with rage just thinking about it, and I am usually not one for such strong reactions to things like that. It is a bad show, and anyone who likes it is a bad person.

I don't think anyone is a bad person if they like that scene or Lucky Star overall. Well I can understand why some people don't like that scene: it's just them talking about food. However, I can see also why some people might find that funny also. Lucky Star is a slice of life kind of show and also geared more towards the Japanese, specially the otaku audience instead of worldwide since later in the show there will be loads of otaku references. I watched that scene and while I think it isn't the funniest scene ever, I don't think it's anything anyone should be worked up with.

Last edited:

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Well I found another one I can't stand, and this one I gave it chance. I really did. One Piece...I really don't like this one too much. The story is good, don't get me wrong. It is just the art and animation. I just don't like the way they are drawn. ;; Too cartoony for my taste. Now in the manga the characters look okay. It just not the anime. And I did give it a chance. It just another one in the list. Sorry One Piece fans, you can throw tomatoes at me if you want to.

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    Death Note: ohh the fangirls... ruined the whole series
    Inuyasha: why is everyone obsessed with it again?
    Powerpuff Girls Z: give me the original or give me nothing
    Ouran High School Host Club: that little kid with the bear... no wait, it's not a little kid, and he's supposed to be around 17 years of age. o.0;;
    MAR: I really tried hard to like and understand it, but it just ended up like any other Shounen series for me. Even Law of Ueki is better.

Cherry.

魔法の真実
    Years
  • I hate Naruto. >.<

I watched the first up to 20th episode of it. ^_^ And it seems It's getting uglier than ever. XD;;. I don't know what's wrong with me. =(( But my heart know what it feels. XD;;.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • Naruto- I used to like it, before the Sasuke fangirls absolutely ruined it forever

Pokemon- Master quest was the last good season, also, the recycled plots drove me nuts, and I could not STAND Dawn......

Death Note- All everyone (the fangirls) talks bout is L, freaking L

Any and all Shojo animes, and anything with magical girls and giant robots, all but Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon is awesome

EVERYTHING dubbed by 4Kids but the first few seasons of Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh

Lucky Star- OMGWTFBBQ, the worst idea of an anime ever.........

Bakugan- You can probably guess............ (also, if you put a Y after the B, it spells "Byakugan", Neji anyone)

KUROXFAI

in ure brain
    Years
  • hello there i can not and i repeat this can not stand Sailor moon

i cannot stand Sailor moon or Negima! they r awful 1 for sailor moon the plot is so stupid and so r the characters. 2 for negima for the fact that he is a ten year old "magician" whos only passion in life is to strip high school girls!

Last edited:

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
  • HETALIA - the theme is quite interesting, but i can't stand how people rates it high :| way too overrated Dx
    Angelique - another harem anime, but Fushigi Yuugi is better than this.

Back