• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Announcement Reaction Thread

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    OMGWTFAÖSJLSKDJFK

There will be sequels? Not just a lame third version? PEOPLE, POKÉMON IS NOT GOING TOWARDS DARKER, LESS INTERESTING AGES. IT IS FINALLY BECOMING A REAL, INTERESTING GAME... with a storyline!

I'm looking forward to this so very much, even though I didn't even finish playing B/W hehehe. Actually, I think that it wouldn't be too bad at all if they started focusing more on making new games with cool stories and good gameplay, like all the spinoff games and now B2/W2, instead of thinking up ANOTHER early bird pokémon and elemental trio etc etc

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    You know what I mean... taking 2 parts of a pokemon and mixing them.. the 2 new legendarys. Those are different.

Again see Slowbro and Slowking

Slowpoke + Shellder

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, though you are slightly mistaken on one or two aspects.

First: This is in fact the SECOND time they have made a Main Game Sequel. First Sequel was Gold and Silver TO Red and Green. G/S's Story line are two years DIRECTLY after the events of Generation one, so yes they are a sequel. Gen 3 and Gen 4 are the only two Generations that do not reflect as sequels. Gen 5 is getting a sequel so obviously I won't count it.

Second which is an either or type of issue. We do not know anything about White Kyurem and Black Kyurem. They can either be new Form Changes for Kyurem OR they are entierly NEW Pokemon. We won't know until next month. There is a high chance that they are New Forms, but Masuda called them Brand New Pokemon which could hint that they can have a different Type Match Up than Kyurem or different Number, or Different Attack Lists.

I'm mostly basing this off of previous Form Changes, but to my knowledge only Rotom's has ever been given an actual name rather than just "blank" Form.

Giratina in Origin Form isn't called Origin Giratina. Altered Form isn't called Altered Giratina. Shaymin in Land form isn't called Land Shaymin and Shaymin in Sky Form isn't called Sky Shaymin.

Deoxys in any of its forms isn't called Attack/Defense/Speed/Normal Deoxys.

Castform to my knowledge isn't called Sunny Castform during Sunny Day, Cloudy Castform during Hail, or Rainy Castform during Rain Dance.

As I said Rotom is the only Pokemon -I- know of who's name'd differently when in its forms (although NOT through the games) Wash Rotom while in Washing Machine Form, Mow Rotom while in Lawn Mower Form, Heat Rotom while in its Oven Form, Frost Rotom while in its Refridgerator Form, and Fan Rotom when in its Fan Form.

I honestly don't recall them saying those as official names so I can be mistaken as to Rotom's names being changed like that.

Masuda says that White Kyurem and Black Kyurem, The only two things about b2w2 that we don't really have a confirmed translated name for yet. They can possibly change the name later on IF they are as Masuda says, new Pokemon.

We just need to chill with all the New Game hate and wait out for like two weeks to see what we'll get in Coro Coro~

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    It would be cool if they made a full blown sequel and CONTINUED the story from Black and White. I mean, that would open up some really interesting aspects :D

Though if this is just their attempt to make a new remaster like Crystal/Yellow/Platinum/Emerald seem more new, then shame on you Gamefreak. Name it Gray if you want that.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    OMGWTFAÖSJLSKDJFK

There will be sequels? Not just a lame third version? PEOPLE, POKÉMON IS NOT GOING TOWARDS DARKER, LESS INTERESTING AGES. IT IS FINALLY BECOMING A REAL, INTERESTING GAME... with a storyline!

I'm looking forward to this so very much, even though I didn't even finish playing B/W hehehe. Actually, I think that it wouldn't be too bad at all if they started focusing more on making new games with cool stories and good gameplay, like all the spinoff games and now B2/W2, instead of thinking up ANOTHER early bird pokémon and elemental trio etc etc
    Well we're hoping they're sequels. It could just end up being two-third games, which would be really stupid but you never know what GameFreak is going to be doing right now.

If we could get a little bit of details about the storyline for BW2 I think we could probably figure out what these are. But I'm really looking forward to hearing everything we can know before the games are released in Japan. More activity here, and more interesting theories to be crossed out or brought up!

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
    Wonder if GF will pull a GTA IV on us and redo all of Unova. Maybe make it like Dragon Quest graphics. I'm sure its possible. Like a bridge to 3DS games.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013

Well we're hoping they're sequels. It could just end up being two-third games, which would be really stupid but you never know what GameFreak is going to be doing right now.

If we could get a little bit of details about the storyline for BW2 I think we could probably figure out what these are. But I'm really looking forward to hearing everything we can know before the games are released in Japan. More activity here, and more interesting theories to be crossed out or brought up!
    Um... I thought it's conformed that BW2 are sequels as it's said on serebii:

Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2 are the second set of games of the long anticipated fifth generation of Pokémon. These games are due for release in Japan in June 2012 and are sequels to Pokémon Black & White, running on the Nintendo DS. Not much is currently known about these games but they feature Kyurem's alternate forms within them; Black Kyurem in Black 2 and White Kyurem in White 2
    The games can be played on any model of DS

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Um... I thought it's conformed that BW2 are sequels as it's said on serebii:

Just cause it says on Serebii, a site that posts rumors as well as speculations, doesn't mean that is the entire case. We know they are the Successors of Pokemon Black and Pokemon White, but that is ALL we know FOR A FACT. Masuda did not say they were sequels He just said they were new games coming out.

They can very well be remastered games with the two new Kyurems added into the game.

They could be the "third" Game split into two games.

They could be Generation 6, although less likely due to them not declaring it as the 6th Generation. (which means other than the two Kyurems No new Pokemon hopefully)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well if you guys wanna continue discussing that then "what does "2" mean" would be the appropriate place.

Either way, next CoroCoro is due in about 14 or so days, yeah? Sooo, we should be getting new information by about the... 12th, or something. So not that long away really!!

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    Either way, next CoroCoro is due in about 14 or so days, yeah? Sooo, we should be getting new information by about the... 12th, or something. So not that long away really!!

Also there are various events where small bits of information might be given that we don't know. Pokemon Sunday could give more information than what they have already said they would on Sunday (the names of the forms are to be revealed on the show next Sunday - even though Masuda already revealed them on Twitter I believe.)

zigazav

Fanfiction writer inactive
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2017
    Off-topic here, so if you don't care, just ignore me: Bill from R/G/B/Y and FR/LG once accidentally merged with a Pokemon, forgot which one though, and while I don't like Ash, it was funny seeing him turn into a Pikachu, I wish it was longer he stayed as one. I agree with Misty, I liked him better as a Pokemon. OK, now back on-topic: Yeah, I hope B2 & W2 will let you travel to different regions like how G/S/C and HG/SS were. Sticking to one region and only getting a few islands wasn't what I want. Hopefully B2 W2 will ACTUALLY let you go to somewhere other than Unova, we didn't even get a few Islands to go to! Unlike D/P/Pt where you had the island where you had the Battle area/Battle Frontier, I also liked the Sevii Islands that were in FR/LG, I wish those made it into HG/SS :( OK, why am I getting back off-topic? OK, I better end this reply now before I make it too long. Seeya!

encas

Don't tread on me.
    Years
    Well, if nothing else, Game Freak seems to be continuing to break the mold this gen. While I didn't expect two different 'third' games, I can hardly say that the concept is a bad idea.

They also get brownie points for calling this a 'new' adventure. After all, isn't this ionly the third time we've seen a linear sequel to a Pokemon RPG (RBY-->GSC/Colosseum-->XD)? I wonder how different these sequels will be?

The new Kyurem forms look kind of odd, though. They seem to be only a few steps above a fan made splice of two sprites. XD

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I honestly cannot wait for Black/White 2. A sequel sounds pretty interesting. c: However, since these games are going to come out so soon after the Japan release, there's obviously not going to be too much changed in the original games and are probably going to only change whatever is necessary to base it around Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. So, yeah, I'm not expecting much out of the remakes, but I'm still excited for them and can't wait to see what they do implement into the games. :)

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I have a lot of mixed feelings. Extension games in the past have always expanded the storyline, connected the games, and made the overall plot better, but with two more games, and so soon... I DON'T KNOW WHETHER TO BE EXCITED OR BRACE MYSELF FOR DISAPPOINTMENT. (Although I doubt Gamefreak would release too awful of a storyline.)

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years
    I have a lot of mixed feelings. Extension games in the past have always expanded the storyline, connected the games, and made the overall plot better, but with two more games, and so soon... I DON'T KNOW WHETHER TO BE EXCITED OR BRACE MYSELF FOR DISAPPOINTMENT. (Although I doubt Gamefreak would release too awful of a storyline.)

Haha, yes. We'll just have to wait for more info, and hope what we get is good. :)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Given that I was underwhelmed by B/W, I'm definitely keeping my expectations in check. The template for a sequel (if they go that route) leaves a lot of possibilities open, but it's up to Game Freak how they're going to take advantage of the opportunities. It's something I'm definitely going to do careful research on before making a decision about buying one of the games. I'm not going to blindly purchase it like I did with White. I've gotta make sure it's going to be something I'm going to enjoy first.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Keep your eyes on Pokemon smash. Remember they updated stuff about hgss every week.

I agree. I think we'll get our first little glimpse at the game on Pokemon Smash this week hopefully. Im sure we'll at the very least, hear more about the two new Kyurem formes.. they said to have a major announcement about the movie so maybe we'll see a new trailer with the formes in it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Does the release date confirmed yet? Its this year right?

June for Japan and Autumn for America and Europe, so yes, this year. Any further release date questions belong in release date thread. :3

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I agree. I think we'll get our first little glimpse at the game on Pokemon Smash this week hopefully. Im sure we'll at the very least, hear more about the two new Kyurem formes.. they said to have a major announcement about the movie so maybe we'll see a new trailer with the formes in it.
    I expect to see madness on that show. n__n

Though any kind of new info for this will be good info to me, can't wait.

Back