• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Announcement Reaction Thread

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

That's true, except it's not Gray & Pink :3

Close enough! I still claim to have thought of this idea, totally. Sorta. Somewhat. tbh I didn't expect it and as a result I have a bad feeling about fan reception to these games, but hey they can be great too. XD

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years

Close enough! I still claim to have thought of this idea, totally. Sorta. Somewhat. tbh I didn't expect it and as a result I have a bad feeling about fan reception to these games, but hey they can be great too. XD
    Everyone will be getting mad and throwing abuse at the games now, but once they're released those same people will probably turn around and hail them as the best in the series.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Masuda just tweeted Black Kyurem" and "White Kyurem" are the names of new legendary Poke'mon!!

Instread of saying the new forms he says new legendary. So.... are they now 651 Pokemon or was it a mis translation?
    Probably the Kyurem just a new forms or its just Masuda doesn't use the same lingo as us, thus he said they will be new legendaries instead of forms.

No what I'm saying is it seems its the first time they wanted to make an obvious sequal. Like I'm not sure if it will keep Touya or Touko's story going or if its based on a new hero. Thats what I mean by it being a first. It would be the first time you play as an old hero perhaps.
    Being direct sequel doesn't really mean they will remove the core of the game. A game considered sequel, when they continue the story of the previous game, nothing more really.

blue

gucci
    Years
    It has it's flaws I mean even Gray & Pink would have been nicer but still, I look forward to the progress of these games, it should be interesting and expect the unexpected.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
    So with this being out a few months before the regular fall release I feel info will be coming twice as fast it did with BW and HG/SS

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Well, this is certainly unexpected news now isn't it?

After giving this enough thought, the idea that "Pokémon Black and White 2" could potentially be sequels continuing the story left off in the "Black and White" rather than being a basic third game rehash (i.e. Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum) is actually sort of exciting. It offers you the questions of how different will the actual story line be this time? Will the player be a different male/female protagonist? Will we have a new set of rivals? Will the characters we played as in B&W be mentioned or seen like Red was in Gold, Silver, and Crystal?

It's questions like those as well as the location of where N ran off to, that make this all exciting for me. Of course, that's if "Pokémon Black and White 2" are actual sequels like I mentioned before. If not, then I'll be heavily disappointed. As for the names of Kyurem's new forms, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem, I'm going to have to agree with those calling it uncreative.

As for the red and blue gems we see in the title design, I'm going to make a guess as to that's how we access Kyurem's new Fire and Electric forms just like giving Giritina to hold the Griseous Orb to alter into his Origin Form outside of the Distortion World. I don't think it will have any relation to visiting the Hoenn region in these games - at least I hope not. I want a RS Remake as much as the next person, but I think they deserve their own games.

I do, however, hope that in these potential sequels there will be new lands to explore within the Unova region and that previous generation Pokémon will be available pre-Elite Four. Until we have more information though, I find it hard to give a real opinion on them. Hopefully, it'll make me like this generation more, because so far "Black and White" really hasn't left an impression on me like the other generations have.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Maybe the game starts in a diffrent location like someone mentioned before, like that town in the top right corner of Unova that the train takes you. They could also add routes that connect that place to the rest of the region other than just taking a train to Nimbasa.

Mista T

Pityin' fools.
    Years
    I hate to be the overly cheeky optimist, guys, but I feel this games will actually be incredible. Try not to get too hung up on the titles and names, as they do little to betray the actual storyline and content. These games will likely be the first two truly direct sequels to previous games (not including Gold and Silver to Red and Blue), continuations of the indisputably most thorough and heart-wrenching plot of a Pokemon game. I loved Black and White, and I have no doubt this game will turn out incredible, even if Kyurem's formes look overdone (though the faces are incredible).

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
    I have an odd feeling they may connect the story with other games. Like older people return and maybe you go to another region.

Mista T

Pityin' fools.
    Years
    Hate to nitpick, but Anville Town is in the top left corner of Unova. I'm bringing this up because you told someone to turn their head in 90 degrees in one direction earlier when you clearly meant the other direction.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I hope it's not one huge circle like in BW, having to walk through all of Castelia etc. is a nightmare, hopefully they will implement new Routes or something.

Back