• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Announcement Reaction Thread

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    So did anyone comment on how Masuda is calling the two new forms "Seperate Pokemon" and NOT calling them Kyurem's new forms?

What if White Kyurem and Black Kyurem are in fact new Pokemon and not an alternate form? Would this mean we are in Generation 6?

(Seriously hopes not but other than Deoxys no other Pokemon has ever been added this late in the generation, you can even argue that Deoxys was from the Ruby Sapphire games cause it has its Normal sprite in them while earning Attack and Defense Forms in Fire Red/Leaf Green and its Speed Form in Emerald.

If Masuda is correct and these are "New" Pokemon, what does this mean for Generation 5?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    ^ It means that Kyurem's formes might be much more than just simple changes, it means they are permanent enough to be called "new Pokemon" but then again Gf doesn't use all of our terms so to them a new forme is like a new Pokemon...
    As for the generation...well at the moment I'm calling it Gen 5.5 cause of these games being sequels but still are gen 5...as far as we know...

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    They didn't call Shaymin or Giratina's new forms New Pokemon. Nor did they call Rotom's form change New Pokemon either. Those were addressed as New Forms.

From Twitter: "Black Kyurem" and "White Kyurem" are the names of new legendary Poke'mon!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Jeez what's with all the hate?? I'm assuming some people are having negative reactions because it's something we've never seen before and it's new, therefore change from formula=BAD.

I think this is fantastic! Completely unexpected which makes it exciting. I do hope that these games are in fact sequels to B/W and not just a "Third version" done in a gimmicky way.

Did anyone seriously think this was going to be released on the 3DS? I know a lot of people were hoping for it but I never thought it would actually happen... Gamefreak has a history of this... Red and Blue and Yellow were all released towards the end of the Game Boy's lifespan..... so were Gold and Silver (though they had GBC enhancements: Like B2 and W2 apparently will have for 3DS)

AND the Nintendo DS was released in 2004. Third version Emerald was released for the GBA a few months later in 2005. (I'm guessing these games have probably been in development since before the 3DS even was out) Yes I know it's been a whole year since the 3DS came out but the point, Gamefreak has never cared what the newest system is. We didn't get main series DS games til 2007!! (in USA)

Years
    I did wonder... When I was recovering the seven sages their dialogue hinted it, but I didnt imagine that it could be a reality. Now one particular conversation with a seven sage leaves me wondering if N could be the protagonist for the next two games? We did get a name reveal. Thats seems unrealistic also though. Now im wondering how kyurem fuses with the two? Could he have to posses a 3rd stone left behind when reshi and zek split? Or could we have 2 seperate forms that dont require a held item to transform. Like a nom reverse just 2 seperate dragons

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    My first reaction was "oh, that's boring."

My second reaction was "that's stupid, why couldn't they just call it Pokemon Grey and get it over with?"

My current reaction is ".....this is different. I like it."

The "2" in the title, and the fact that it isn't a 3DS game, makes me feel like they have to be doing something new with this or at least making it a direct sequel. I believe BW was really well received all over the world (moreso than usual games) and since it was much more plot-intensive than a lot of games, I think it leaves it open for a direct sequel to tie up all the loose ends. I just really hope it is something new and not just Pokemon Grey divided by two.

Years
    If these are 3rd versions done in a gimmicky way they might as well have made only one Kyurem forme and named it Grey...
    I'm hoping it's a sequel with new and old character's.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I hope to wake up to find some screens of these new games!
    This. I really would like more questions to be raised with scans, and more to be answered as well. Pictures are worth 1000 words!

Cid

Years
    I'm trailing towards the acceptance stage.

This is all new. I know Pokémon 2 was turned into GS, but having a BW2 would mean fifth Generation, not a new one. Being completely unexpected, it only leaves you thinking how they can make this feel like a sequel. It's like a second time around in trying out dual titles for a Generation of Pokémon. That's undeniably cool, because you'd expect that they have more into this than a simple Pokémon Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum. They are labelled as sequels, not remasters of any sort. I never considered the third games as sequels, so this may mean that they are taking this even more seriously. So I'm pretty excited to see more, albeit not as happy as I thought I would be.

Part of what's causing me to dislike this decision is the fact that they're two games. That could either mean they'll go with it lazily, or (hopefuly) they'll give us two games worth calling a sequel on their own. I'm beginning to think that the former may be the case, 'cause they are still in fact releasing the games for the DS. Also a minor qualm, I still think Kyurem should've lost its grayness from the Form Change, not only because I think it'd make Kyurem look less odd from the added blacks and whites, but also because the games are still called Black and White-- not Gray.

I'm still waiting for screens like the rest of us. Those may change my opinion.

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
    Years
    I'm sorry, I just deeply dislike this. It's so odd and unusual, and I think the forms are ugly. I don't know if I'll buy it or not. I'm sure I'll warm up to it, but for now I'm a little freaked out and disappointed.

Years
    I find it interesting that it's still Grey too...maybe they though of calling them Gray Version and Gray version but saw it as confusing thus naming them B2 and W2 instead...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I find it interesting that it's still Grey too...maybe they though of calling them Gray Version and Gray version but saw it as confusing thus naming them B2 and W2 instead...
    How would calling it Gray be confusing? If anything, B/W2 are more confusing names because now there are two, and no one knows if they are sequels or just two third games.

Unless you meant thinking of a name for two instead of just one whole one as an original plan. Then I guess B/W2 would be the winner there.

Years
    Sorry I meant two versions, one called GrAy and the other GrEy. (confusing cause they sound alike)
    Anyways, I hope they post a short trailer on this game soon to give us a feel of the game play.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Although each game didn't have a huge difference in the story, having a sequel for each kills the need for revamping the original story to make more sense for the sudden lack of which Legend was used in their last game.

We also lose the OMG What will become of Black City and White Forest in a Third Game?! Cause now we can pretty much assume that Black 2 has Black City and White 2 has White Forest.

As for the "Forms" -I- need confirmation that they are actually FORMS and NOT new Pokemon like Masuda says they are. If new Pokemon you have to question how will they come to be?

My first guess was Breeding your Mascot with Kyurem (Ditto x Manaphi thing)

Another thing I thought of was that the Dark/Light Stone becomes an item like Gracidea or they make a new Hold Item to change them. (Rotom thing on how it gets new attacks)((If they are Forms))

Maybe Kyurem can evolve when learning Freeze Shock or Ice Burn. (Which would be something shockingly new and still fit the "New Pokemon" scenario)

Personally I am greatly intrigued by this. I feel a little annoyed for being trolled by Gamefreak yet again, but this is a bit more worth the trolling.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    I really just can't wait for news on this. Really excited.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if we don't start getting news until Coro Coro. It would be great if they hopefully reveal some screenshots and stuff on the next episode of Pokemon Smash. I find it odd that the game is coming out before the movie though. Im hoping the official website or something will release some sort of news on it this week though. They usually reveal a little bit of news after the game is announced.

Back