• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Announcement Reaction Thread

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
  • So, er, that happened!

As confirmed by Junichi Masuda on Pokemon Smash, as well as Twitter, AND NOW THE OFFICIAL POKEMON WEBSITE Pokemon Black and White 2 will be released in Japan in June 2012. There appears to be two new forms of Reshiram and Zekrom and/or Kyurem.

Erm, thoughts?

Note: This thread is just for your reaction to the news (However it is not for predicting when the next leaks about the games will occur, etc - use the News Discussion Thread for that). We have a thread on how you feel about Black Kyurem and White Kyurem to cover the formes, platform discussion to cover the platform, storyline discussion, what "2" signifies, which version you're getting, release date discussion and what you want. Anything else will be moved to said threads.

Last edited by a moderator:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm still stunned... why 2? Why not just one game like usual? Not ONLY that but it's not even on the 3DS... What is going on?

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • The biggest thought that is running through my head, is this a full-blown sequel, or just a remastered version?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well this was a shocker, I thought that if they did make two third versions they would be called Grey and Gray not BW2...
    I wonder if this takes place after BW...

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • They could have shown us a small clip or something like they did with HG/SS, even if it was just them strolling around for 6 seconds.

I don't know what to think yet.
    And for the DS? I mean, what's the point dude?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Updated pic:

Announcement Reaction Thread

Years
  • Well. Given the very limited info we have, I don't have much of an opinion. But it's nice to seem them doing something different from the usual formula.

Years
  • ^ I agree it truely makes this generation a reboot from the norm. I wonder if the main character's are the same or if they got new clothes...
    I feel like this two third games is a reference for BW

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    Ok so let me get this straight. The games are called Pokemon Black 2 & Pokemon white 2
    & they feature super shmexy kyurem forms.
    HOW INVENTIVE GAME FREAK WHATS NEXT POKEMON RED 2

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • It looks like Gamefreak's trying to get into Pokemon Fusion. Ugh those things are so weird.

Those red and blue things in the logo look like shiny gems, so I still want to believe.

Years
  • Ok so let me get this straight. The games are called Pokemon Black 2 & Pokemon white 2
    & they feature super shmexy kyurem forms.
    HOW INVENTIVE GAME FREAK WHATS NEXT POKEMON RED 2
    That is correct...
    Also the sites said that the names will be revealed later...is it possible that they got new names? Like Zekyu and Reskyu?

Back