• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Announcement Reaction Thread

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I just saw this on Serebii and it only mentioned being on the Ds. I hope it is, because I don't want to buy a 3DS for 1 game. ): Also why are the titles so creative? I hope it's just a placeholder name, and the new forms of Kyurem look cute. o3o; I was hoping for only 1 form but meh.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Oh, well it's nice to see that they made them 3Ds enhanced that shows that game freak didn't only think of those with a 3ds or those who lack a 3ds but both ^_^
    I was kind of misled too...when will we get Ruby and Sapphire 2 :P

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Announcement Reaction Thread

Translation:

top left: You can play on 3DS too!

top: June 2012 - The newest game in the Pokemon Series for DS is revealed!

right: The mythical pokemon kept slumbering appears!

bottom: A completely new adventure will begin!

A NEW adventure, it looks like its a sequel which is pretty cool!

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    That's cool. Perhaps we'll get to find out what happened to N and Ghetsis?
    Also, what if we end up travelling to Hoenn, seeing as how much they spoke of it in B/W?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    My mind is finding this hard to process. I honestly have no judgment until I get more news. We're all just really shocked right now, because they have never done this before. People are confused, and I'm very confused as well. At the end of the day, we just need to get more news!

also at the end of the day rs remakes can be more advanced and progressed better!

Just rofling at the fact that they trolled us so hard. I'm sure they've heard of fans calling the third game "Gray" and I find this part really funny. & I know they really got me when they started showing Rayquaza and red/blue/green text.

Just...gotta process this.

Years
    As I said to Razor Leaf five second ago on MSN; I can and will accept this, 100%, without any question or doubt; IF they are actual sequels to Black and White, as GS were to RB. Calling something '2' means it's a sequel (or maybe even prequel). If these are gimmicky ways of giving us the 'Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum' of this generation, I'm going to be very, very upset. :(

Years
    I'm even more curious now that before...ahhh GF even seemed to have trolled us by revealing the third versions!
    I wonder if our characters will be older, and will the new group be Plasma or someone else... (Cyrus return?!... I mean Ghetsis returns?!)

Years
    to hyped to read thread

omg this looks like a storyline sequel which is gonna be awesome and epic.

Also at the end of BW N goes to a distant land and the logos of B2W2 have red and blue tints to them (yeah I know electricity and fire but still) possible hoenn cameo? ah im excited

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    I would LOVE if we got to travel to Hoenn. It looks exactly like a type of Ruby, and Sapphire under the B/W logos. Although I really do think Hoenn deserved its own remake.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    I'm very excited about the new games, but I'm disappointed and surprised that they're not 3DS games. I'm also surprised that it's two games instead of the usual one. I got White last time, but I'll be getting Black 2 this time. I like the new forms.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Lots and LOTS of people are upset about this, even I was expecting R/S remakes but Im still happy at this. Im happy we got something unexpected, and not just a typical 'Third' game which is the same except with add ons. This seems like a whole new story, and its coming out EARLIER too which makes me even happier because we'll likely get it in English before the year ends!

Also, it was posted on the US site now:
    https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-black-version-2-and-pokemon-white-version-2/

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Saw this on Serebii, came on here...Mm

I'm psyched! I'm for sure getting this. :)

Years
    I'm not sure which one I want...they both look great...
    Maybe they reveal what lies "north" of Unova. Well the Red and the Blue could also mean Kanto...remember it hasn't appeared this generation yet and it always somehow finds a way into the new generation...

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    OK, now that i've taken the time to process it, i'm ok with it.
    It's 2, so that means it's a sequel and not the same game. That makes it better the Gray version already.

Plus it's on DS! I don't have to rebuy my 3DS.

I'm okay with this now.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I hope these aren't the official titles.... there's no effort or creation in that whatsoever, I'd also laugh if it just wasn't what we expected... heck we haven't seen any screenshots/videos yet so it could be anything, they might not even be the official names.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    u______u

I'm sorry, but in my opinion Generation V sucks.
    Ye I have to agree with this cause whattt the hell is this?? I literally thought that picture was a joke fanart. I think that says enough btw lol? This is really ridiculous!!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I... I'm speechless. Two games? XD Wow, I actually am pretty shoced. But at least Kyurem's getting the forms we expected- fusions of Reshiram and Zekrom. Anyway, if it is just the third game put into two, then I too will be pretty annoyed. That would mean four games that are practically the same. :| So yeah, they'd have to be significantly different. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    I hope we get news on it soon. Im worried we'll have to wait until the middle of March for Coro Coro.

Back