• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Announcement Reaction Thread

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Is Masuda going to be on Pokemon Smash?

"Pokemon is a smash in the morning tomorrow Yo! ! Yo is getting up early! ! I Sai night! ! !"

Since he said its in the morning, and he said hes getting up early does he mean he is getting up early to tape the show? Since I know they tape it a few hours before it actually airs.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    They actually tape the episodes atleast a week or two prior to air.
    And no, Masuda's not planned to be on there, I think he's just reminding everyone to watch.

It's about to start in 15 minutes, but GCPM11 is starting his stream late so he doesn't have to commentate while they show a Pokemon Anime rerun, which sucks because anyone who's not actually watching TV Tokyo will miss the previews to see if there's any B2/W2 information to be revealed during the episode.

Keep your fingers crossed everyone! >:O

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I'll say, I was suspicious at first, thinking it was fake at first.
    But, seems legit for now, as for the games, I'd get both (since i'm a major collector) but I'd mostly play Black 2 since I played White first.
    I'm rather confused on the Kyurem formes, but I guess one has to play to find out how they all got fused? ._. Yeah ... fused ... That sounds more epic.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    They didn't hype anything up about the game other than Kyurem's forme names being revealed, as well as new info on the movie.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'm hoping today we get some really exciting news about the games. 8)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    One thing I do expect and I just see happening on this show...pure madness. In which all of us will not understand. :B

But yeah, I'm hoping for screenshots of a few things in the game if anything. Maybe box art?

Doogle3097

Hola.
    Years
    I don't know whether to keep working on my Pokedex on Black or just stop, play through SoulSilver again until Black 2 is released and then transfer all my Pokemon over to Black 2, because my Pokedex is coming along nicely on Black (first time I've actually tried with it) but Black 2 is going to go messing it up again.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    I'm lacking faith in the possibility of news, judging by the episode turn out so far. Even Serebii Joe is saying he doesn't think they'll be showing anything.

It looks like all we're getting is movie info and some more Black/White Kyurem info, though we already know the basics about them.
    Pokemoncojp just tweeted about the episode airing, but they're saying it's all movie related.

Shame. :|
    It wouldn't hurt to still stay tuned, but I think CoroCoro is going to be where our next news update will be at. Who knows, maybe the main game site will do a random update this week with a few screenshots?

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    I would be happy even with one screenshot, just something. But it does seem unlikely we'll get anything other than movie info and Kyurem forme info.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Japan is creepy. D:
    Who knows what in the world those people are drinking.

Anyways, 3/11's Smash! summary is out:

サヨナラ…そして、たびだち! / 東北おうえん企画・宮城県東松島市でポケモンクイズキャラバン / 四天王バトルには、あく使いのしょこたん部長が登場!

A Farewell... then a Departure! / A Quiz Caravan in Higashimatsushima, Miyagi as Part of the Tohoku Support Project / Director Shoko-tan Takes the Stage in the Elite Four Battle!

Yeah, I don't know what to think.
    At least around that time CoroCoro will have either leaked or will be leaking very soon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Yeah...their shows are kind of weird...
    anyways there doesn't seem to be anything new...I'm hoping the Official site will release some screenshots before Corocor comes out.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Nothing new. Oh well, we have CoroCoro to look forward to, haha.

Seriously though, I would really love to see more of B/W2 especially the in-game, and not just the mascots.

blue

gucci
    Years
    As expected, no media of B2W2 was revealed at Pokémon Smash but we'll be getting CoroCoro in just under 2 weeks so it's not really that long to wait now!

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Well, that was a waste of time. No new info, just the same trailer that aired on Oha Suta and no game news other than Kyurem forme names which we already know. Doesn't look like theres anything next week either judging by the preview.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    They revealed NOTHING NEW? WHAT???
    THIS IS MADNESS... THIS IS SPARTA!!!

I'll have to wait another Week for the pics in Corocoro.

Back