• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Another remake that is for Emerald?

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2017
    From the leaked information extracted from the demo it would seem there are missing emerald elements within these games.. do you think they would do Delta Emerald at least not this gen?

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    I think that it's very unlikely, now that I've seen Mega Rayquaza's stats. The Delta Emerald copyright was most likely for it's special ability. Also, the Battle Frontier was an Emerald exclusive.

Years
  • No. They didn't make an ElectricYellow version, nor a MindCrystal version, which leads me to believe that they would never remake the third game of the series. Also, these games aren't supposed to have Emerald elements, as they are remakes of Ruby and Sapphire.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I doubt that an Emerald re-make will be done. They never made a Yellow or Crystal remake. Besides, the remakes should have things from all 3 games in them, so making a Delta Emerald would be a bit pointless since ORAS should be including some Emerald stuff in them. And while the demo did yield a ****-ton of data, I doubt it has EVERYTHING in it. Tbh, idk why people want a Delta Emerald so bad. Ain't remakes of Ruby/Sapphire enough?

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2017
    I doubt that an Emerald re-make will be done. They never made a Yellow or Crystal remake. Besides, the remakes should have things from all 3 games in them, so making a Delta Emerald would be a bit pointless since ORAS should be including some Emerald stuff in them. And while the demo did yield a ****-ton of data, I doubt it has EVERYTHING in it. Tbh, idk why people want a Delta Emerald so bad. Ain't remakes of Ruby/Sapphire enough?

I also see no point of that..I suppose probably as there's no battle frontier the reason some people would desire it..
    it's unsatisfying if this turns out to be true which will be known in the full games..

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I suppose probably as there's no battle frontier the reason some people would desire it..
    it's unsatisfying if this turns out to be true which will be known in the full games..
    I would find it rather odd if the Battle Frontier or a similar area didn't appear in ORAS. It's a fairly popular feature, and one that made its debut in Hoenn at that.

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    I think a "Delta Emerald" version would just be silly and unnecessary. HG/SS covered portions from Crystal, so I'm sure ORAS will cover emeralds features as well.

oshimas

소중한 이 내 맘 모두 나 그대에게
    Years
  • hg/ss brought in the elements from crystal like the suicune side story for example. then again, it depends what features they're bringing in from emerald. the fact that the battle island replaced the battle frontier was a big thing to leave out. especially since it got introduced in gen 3 and how it was one of the most popular feautures in emerald. it all depends on when the game gets released and we find out what the battle island really is.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I believe they've reserved the name "Delta Emerald" so that others don't snatch up on it, which is actually pretty wise, but don't feel they will be creating an Emerald remake, per se. First and foremost is, they're already including almost all original Pokémon Emerald features in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, or so I've heard, which would kind of nullify their reason of making another installation to these games. Secondly, even if they do, they likely wouldn't be able to sell as much if they create an Emerald remake later down the road, which I'm sure they're aware of. In order to do such a thing, I'd imagine them to go through heaps and bounds to make the game as distinct from ORAS as possible, which could take lots of time, effort, energy, and plenty of other things. Even then, I don't wholeheartedly believe they'd have too good of a chance of garnering as much interest as they're currently doing with Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby. On paper, things might seem okay, but could turn out to be an entirely different story when put into actual work.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I doubt it'll happen. Yellow (if you can call Yellow a third version) and Crystal didn't get remakes when their generations' remakes came out, so why should Emerald get one? It'd simply break the flow. Emerald's features will probably make it into OR/AS, like the Battle Frontier or a variant of it.

On the other side of the spectrum, an Emerald remake means more sales for Game Freak, but more production time, which means this question turns less into a "will there be an Emerald remake?" and more of a "would they bother to spend the time to make a third remake when there's already 2 more?"

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I believe they've reserved the name "Delta Emerald" so that others don't snatch up on it, which is actually pretty wise, but don't feel they will be creating an Emerald remake, per se. First and foremost is, they're already including almost all original Pokémon Emerald features in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, or so I've heard, which would kind of nullify their reason of making another installation to these games. Secondly, even if they do, they likely wouldn't be able to sell as much if they create an Emerald remake later down the road, which I'm sure they're aware of. In order to do such a thing, I'd imagine them to go through heaps and bounds to make the game as distinct from ORAS as possible, which could take lots of time, effort, energy, and plenty of other things. Even then, I don't wholeheartedly believe they'd have too good of a chance of garnering as much interest as they're currently doing with Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby. On paper, things might seem okay, but could turn out to be an entirely different story when put into actual work.
    They may simply add third version like things like more new formes, new locations, an expanded post game and the like. Also it'll give them a chance to tell Emerald's somewhat distinct story, the most distinct of the third versions compared to their originals.

I am doubting they'll do it though seeing how a recent Trailer seems to be implying a Rayquaza subplot like HgSs had a Suicune subplot. Hopefully they'll include one for Scott meeting the player and taking her/him to the BF.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • They may simply add third version like things like more new formes, new locations, an expanded post game and the like. Also it'll give them a chance to tell Emerald's somewhat distinct story, the most distinct of the third versions compared to their originals.

I am doubting they'll do it though seeing how a recent Trailer seems to be implying a Rayquaza subplot like HgSs had a Suicune subplot. Hopefully they'll include one for Scott meeting the player and taking her/him to the BF.

The existence of Mega Rayquaza in ORAS pretty much debunks any Delta Emerald rumors.

Emerald isn't "distinct" from RS at all. It's just a mish-mash of stuff that was in RS story-wise. Not much different from Platinum in comparison with DP. As for the game itself, Platinum is more distinct from its related versions than Emerald due to the increased Pokédex and redone trainer rosters, among other small things. Emerald really wasn't much different from RS at all, and remaking it as well would be a waste of time.

Years
  • The existence of Mega Rayquaza in ORAS pretty much debunks any Delta Emerald rumors.

Emerald isn't "distinct" from RS at all. It's just a mish-mash of stuff that was in RS story-wise. Not much different from Platinum in comparison with DP. As for the game itself, Platinum is more distinct from its related versions than Emerald due to the increased Pokédex and redone trainer rosters, among other small things. Emerald really wasn't much different from RS at all, and remaking it as well would be a waste of time.
    Who knows...they may give it another Mega in a possible Delta Emerald, or maybe a Primal (as the Jade orb appears in the coding of these games, but it's kind of useless seeing how Rayquaza doesn't need the orb to appear...unless they change up how it appears...may be another case like with the God Stone though). Or they could just treat it like they did with Blastoise in Blue (honestly Blue is probably the most similar third version ever...that they didn't even make Green for international fans)Suicune in Crystal and Rayquaza itself in Emerald, not give it anything new. After all only two gens thus far have had the third version/ the games that take that place holder have forms. Also the speculation leading up to the remakes focused a lot on whether they would go with RS' story or Emerald's story, with little ideas of reconciliation thought up by fans, so that kind of shows that even the differences they have are enough to cause confusion.
    Also it'll leave a handful of characters without new art and models...unless they appear in OrAs. If they do than that will bury Delta Emerald...until they remake OrAs again (first though comes WaterBlue and MindCrystal though).

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
  • Who knows...they may give it another Mega in a possible Delta Emerald, or maybe a Primal (as the Jade orb appears in the coding of these games, but it's kind of useless seeing how Rayquaza doesn't need the orb to appear...unless they change up how it appears...may be another case like with the God Stone though). Or they could just treat it like they did with Blastoise in Blue (honestly Blue is probably the most similar third version ever...that they didn't even make Green for international fans)Suicune in Crystal and Rayquaza itself in Emerald, not give it anything new. After all only two gens thus far have had the third version/ the games that take that place holder have forms. Also the speculation leading up to the remakes focused a lot on whether they would go with RS' story or Emerald's story, with little ideas of reconciliation thought up by fans, so that kind of shows that even the differences they have are enough to cause confusion.
    Also it'll leave a handful of characters without new art and models...unless they appear in OrAs. If they do than that will bury Delta Emerald...until they remake OrAs again (first though comes WaterBlue and MindCrystal though).

Not to be rude or anything but if you use common logic and really (okay, you seriously don't even have to think about it) think how they've worked with main games and remakes you should realize there will be no Delta Emerald unless GameFreak decides to go all bananas once and for all. After all, many remakes and third installments have had data from previous generations and stuff like that. So it's not weird at all that ORAS games have unused data in them as well. Plus there is really no need for Delta Emerald as it was a third installment of third generation games. If they'd going for Delta Emerald they'd ditched ORAS completely and just done DE instead of those two. Bringing a third remake would cost way too much and what kind of improvements could you put in it anymore? It would be just waste of money for GameFreak.

The most plausible thing is that if they want to use that data in ORAS they'll somehow put it in to the possible third installment of XY series whether it'll be Z or whatever.

Considering making at some point new remakes from third installments I'm quite sure they wouldn't do WaterBlue as you seem to forget that Red and Blue were in Western countries and Red and Green in Eastern countries, specifically in Japan. Giving WaterBlue would be basicly like trolling japanese so GameFreak most likely would do remake from Yellow as it's neutral on both sides. :P

Years
  • Not to be rude or anything but if you use common logic and really (okay, you seriously don't even have to think about it) think how they've worked with main games and remakes you should realize there will be no Delta Emerald unless GameFreak decides to go all bananas once and for all. After all, many remakes and third installments have had data from previous generations and stuff like that. So it's not weird at all that ORAS games have unused data in them as well. Plus there is really no need for Delta Emerald as it was a third installment of third generation games. If they'd going for Delta Emerald they'd ditched ORAS completely and just done DE instead of those two. Bringing a third remake would cost way too much and what kind of improvements could you put in it anymore? It would be just waste of money for GameFreak.

The most plausible thing is that if they want to use that data in ORAS they'll somehow put it in to the possible third installment of XY series whether it'll be Z or whatever.

Considering making at some point new remakes from third installments I'm quite sure they wouldn't do WaterBlue as you seem to forget that Red and Blue were in Western countries and Red and Green in Eastern countries, specifically in Japan. Giving WaterBlue would be basicly like trolling japanese so GameFreak most likely would do remake from Yellow as it's neutral on both sides. :P

I get it, but it really wouldn't be all that different from what we've gotten from normal third versions if one thinks about it.

As for them using the Data from ORAS in Z or whatever the next Kalos installment(s) ends up being, that is practically assured considering that Emerald itself was based off of FrLg, and HgSs were based off of Platinum's.

Btw Blue was the third version of Japan, and considering how we got Leaf Green anyways...well that's a discussion for another thread ;)

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
  • I get it, but it really wouldn't be all that different from what we've gotten from normal third versions if one thinks about it.

As for them using the Data from ORAS in Z or whatever the next Kalos installment(s) ends up being, that is practically assured considering that Emerald itself was based off of FrLg, and HgSs were based off of Platinum's.

Btw Blue was the third version of Japan, and considering how we got Leaf Green anyways...well that's a discussion for another thread ;)

Actually it would be a lot different because GameFreak has never done three remakes in any generation. Giving us Delta Emerald would break their own rules and possibly even rule out a possible third installment for X/Y which I guess most of the people actually want since X/Y really lacks in post game and in difficulty. They would have to basically do first Delta Emerald which would be completely the same as ORAS except for story (I assume that's the biggest reason why people even want DE to happen because there really isn't any major changes in Emerald compared to R/S and we receive some kind of Battle Factory thingy in ORAS anyway so there's no point doing a completely new for DE) and then do possibly what I'm calling now Z which has to have changes in Gym Leaders, in overall look of the region etc. And then would come the issue which one to publish first because if they'd publish them at the same time people would prefer Z over DE for sure which would cause DE to not do good in sales numbers.

The only way I see Delta Emerald happening is if they include two regions in the third installment for X/Y.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • even if its a long shot:
    What if they paired two regions(Delta Emerald and Pokemon Z) and made it Gen 7 and it is not a remake but a sequel.. It would be awesome if Rayquaza would have a primal evolutions.. I wonder what would it look like though?

Years
  • It's just really not something I think Game Freak has planned, especially with all of the feature's they've put in to ORAS. In my opinion, it'd be a serious waste of time and money to develop an Emerald remake at this point. ORAS is considered a remake of 'Hoenn', I think, not just Ruby and Sapphire.

Back