• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Antisocial

King Kū

Outer-space is the limit
    Years
    I know how you feel. I'm really anti-social because of my autism. It's hard to keep up with small talk and to meet new friends. I usually just post and run off without really trying to communicate. It can be overwhelming for me to interact with individual people. I guess that's why I haven't met very many new friends here.

I wouldn't mind being your friend. ^w^ You seem like a really good person. Like I said before, I know what it's like being afraid and shy of others. I think you should just be yourself. Don't stress yourself over trying to go up to someone and trying to befriend them. I'm really bad at giving advice though so... :x
    People with autism are so nice to talk to generally though. :)

Sometimes they're so knowledgeable on certain things too! My friend with Asperger Syndrome was really interested in the Lord of the Rings and he could recite/tell you like everything there was to know.

Either way, I'm PM'ing you (even though this wasn't initially intended for me.) You seem friendly! :)

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
    I learned in Uni that if you wear costumes people talk to you more. It's a great way to meet people without feeling like you're bothering them. They all come to you ^.^

Years
    I learned in Uni that if you wear costumes people talk to you more. It's a great way to meet people without feeling like you're bothering them. They all come to you ^.^

Like ridiculous costumes, or just slightly out-of-the-ordinary type? o.o Because the former actually makes me feel less inclined to approach people...Maybe that's just me because I have some antisocial tendencies at times. In terms of trying to not be antisocial, I sometimes just manage to gather up enough courage to put myself out there, and meet people with similar interests.

Goo

Years
    Like ridiculous costumes, or just slightly out-of-the-ordinary type? o.o Because the former actually makes me feel less inclined to approach people...Maybe that's just me because I have some antisocial tendencies at times. In terms of trying to not be antisocial, I sometimes just manage to gather up enough courage to put myself out there, and meet people with similar interests.

Slightly out of the ordinary. Once I went out with a group of friends and it was circles of friends with lots of overlaps but I didnt know the second circle. I wore a tail because it suits me anyway and I made a few friends that night. I think otherwise I'd have just hid in a corner cowering and being too scared to bother people. I hate to approach people I dont want to bother them.

I guess the reason why someone's having troubles being social is very important to how to help them be more social.

Years
    It's been said a million times on here already, but the term isn't antisocial, it's asocial.

I'm going to echo everyone else. Just be outgoing to everyone and chat more and more with people. Find someone who's interested in the same things as you and geek out with them. That's what I did when I got to college, and found a lot of people playing Pokémon.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Yes antisocial means you're violent against society , which is still something you shouldn't be doing to be honest. I guess most people just use "antisocial" cause it has a much stronger connotation.

Anyway, I have a big problem with being social myself. I always say something awkward most of the time and then I feel bad about myself. Though I feel I can agree with other when they say you need to find a common ground with someone. I've made a few friends at college from just pulling out my 3DS and playing Pokemon. Talking about classes when in school works too as Aeroblast mentioned.

Goo

Years
    As for costumes, when i'm out and about I like to express myself by wearing a Pikachu hat and bracelet. I get people from both groups commenting on it, those who find it cool/interesting and others who think i'm a dork. Try not to let the second group bother you, it will only make you upset, and they don't give two ♥♥♥♥s about your feelings.

Ha, if I saw someone wearing a pikachu hat I'd think they were a dork. I'd then want to be their friend because cool people usually worry too much about being cool. I'd rather be with fun people.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I'm pretty asocial myself unless I have to be social -- like at work or anything like that. I prefer to do things alone and/or online. Even though online I tend to hermit too u_u

The best thing to do is just take deep breathes and fake confidence until it turns into real confidence. That's how I handle it. If you act confident, no one will see your knees knocking.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I am autistic so avoiding social contact kind of comes with the territory. I will go out of my way to hang out with very particular individuals but I prefer working on an individual basis.

Back