• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Any advice on the Elite Four Champion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommyputt

Experimental Trainer
    Years
    I have got to the champion and saved the game with 8 revives and 10 full restores, i have a level 48 ho-oh, 48 noctowl, 46 pichu, 50 meganium and the other two are a seel and eevee level 10ish. Now I can always get to the last dragonite and the champion always uses a full restore and i run out of full restores myself. Is it worth keep trying till I get lucky, or getting defeated and training up some more? :\

.тαмєя

Typloshion Lover :D
    Years
    • Age 26
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    I reccomend you evolve your Pichu into Pikachu or Riachu for a start and Lv up Ho-Oh And Noctowl to Lv50 and then you'll probally have a better chance of beating Lance :)

Good Luck

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Uh.

Seal learns Ice Moves; train it to 50, or even 45, and your problem is solved.

I'd suggest putting Silk Scarf + Return TM on Eevee if it has Adaptibility, too. I sweep everything, even Rock & Steel types, with Return Eevee. A level 45 Eevee one-hit KOs level 40 and under Dragonairs, too, maybe even higher leveled ones (not sure, since I have yet to encounter level 41+ Dragonairs).

It's strong in-game, in any case, when combo'd with Adaptibility and Silk Scarf.

Years
    dont get full restores get hyper potions and a bunch of specific status healers,paralyz heals,antidotes,awakenings,all that stuff,and then whatever u have left get revives,then you should be good,cuz full restores r usually wasted faster cuz pokemon barely ever have a staus problem and have lost more than 250 hp,full restores r kinda a waste unless your completely rich..but your pokemon should be high enuf lvld to beat lance,my highest was only 47 when i beat him,i had Lv.45 Ampharos,Lv.47 Typhlosion,Lv.44 Gyarados,Lv.44 Poliwrath,Lv.45 Venasaur, and Lv.47 Charizard

Tommyputt

Experimental Trainer
    Years
    Right, so I think I'll go out and start training again. Any good places to train level 40's and above? And also is there anyway I can get my Pichu to evolve faster? Thanks for the advice so far aswell, its been real helpful :)

SCV058

The Able Vet
    Years
    For Pichu, give him haircuts in the Goldenrod Underground, and just battle with him more.
    For training, Victory Road is the best place. As for items, use Full Restores + Hyper Potion + Revives. You don't want to take two rounds to heal status then heal damage.
    Swinub is common in the Ice Path, if you catch and train him, he'll have Ice Shard and other good Ice Moves.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Just get a Piloswine lol. Make sure it's an Adamant natured one, then just Ice Shard Lance to death.

Tommyputt

Experimental Trainer
    Years
    I'm thinking get a Piloswine and use ice attacks, are they good against dragonair? Because he has two of them, level 49 and 50 and they are the things holding me back... Thanks for all the advice so far :)

Years
    I'm thinking get a Piloswine and use ice attacks, are they good against dragonair? Because he has two of them, level 49 and 50 and they are the things holding me back... Thanks for all the advice so far :)

yeah just have that piloswine learn ice shard, and try to go for a nature that boosts attack on it, like lonely, adamant, or naughty, and get it to 45 or so and you'll be fine

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    A Piloswine with ice shard will literally rip Lance apart as dragon is weak to ice.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    I was so disapointed when I I did the e4, Especially lance, I was exspecting semi-challenging battles, but I beat the entire thing in about 15minutes.

Started e4 with lvl 48 Alakazam, and 45 Scizor. Both of them destroyed the e4 with ease, the only hard thing was Houndoom, and thats because I had no moves for it. And when I got to lance I was like yesss xD.
    this is how the battle played out
    Alakazam was my starter, hes lvl 50 by the time we fight lance.

-Go Alakazam
    -Go Aryadactle
    -Alakazam uses Charge Beam (Alakazams Sp atk goes up 1)
    -Arya Faints
    -Lance sends out Charizard
    -Charizard Faints.
    -Lance sends out Gyarados.
    -Lance Sends out Dragonite.
    Alakazam uses Psycic.
    -Dragonite Faints.
    Alakazam uses Psycic.
    -Dragonite Faints.
    Alakazam uses Psycic.
    -Dragonite Faints.
    My alakazam 1shot his entire team lol, it went by in under like 2minutes.
    But yeah how are people having such challenges? o.o

Tommyputt

Experimental Trainer
    Years
    Maybe its because you have a good type against Lance, I was exactly the same, no trouble apart from Houndoom. Or you got lucky :D ha

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    I didn't really have a type advantage, (Except for Charge beam) I was using Psychic which isnt SE. xD

Tommyputt

Experimental Trainer
    Years
    wow :D i use ho-oh and noctowl and they both have extrasensory which still isn't too great on the dragonairs.. but I think it's best to get piloswine due to the ice moves :)

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    wow :D i use ho-oh and noctowl and they both have extrasensory which still isn't too great on the dragonairs.. but I think it's best to get piloswine due to the ice moves :)
    I was planing on raising the Mamoswine, Even spent the time to breed one. But I was like "Ima just test it to see how far I can get with just Scizor and Alakazam, Next thing I knew, I destroyed them xD.

Tommyputt

Experimental Trainer
    Years
    I'm gonna give it one more go then, and if it doesn't work i'll get trained up and do it again! I'll post the outcome :) Thanks all

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back