• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any mental "abnormalities"?

Phixum

Little presence of insanity
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 23, 2012
    I picked the subject from another forum, PUK, and I thought I'd post it here since I think it's an interesting topic.

Please note that the definition of being "normal" is highly arbitrary, and subject to change over time. Therefore, this thread does not aim to discuss mental and psychological normality. However, you can post whatever you think characterizes your mentality in such a way that you are different from others in your social network or whatever is negatively impacting you. As an example, I'll start with myself:

I believe I have serious mental issues. I have not been diagnosed before, and I don't think I'll ever go to a psychiatrist for that; mainly because it's so freaking' expensive.

I think I have failure issues; anything that is not perfect is considered failure to me. Getting 98% in school is failure. Being the second highest grade in my class or school is failure. Although this is a fairly normal vision of an idealist, I took it way too far in all horizons.

I seem to have severe depression, and I'm constantly confused, headaches, and I feel lost. I keep wishing I had a decent gf (which is why I'm meeting new girls). Although she is kind and faithful, she's very dull, and she doesn't provide me any attention. That might not be a clinically mental disorder, but it's definitely not healthy.

Hawkfish

I'm a fishy
    Years
    Well... I'm paranoid, social phobic to the point if I'm around too many people I get sick, low self esteem, I daydream too much(I have to tell myself to pay attention), feeling watched even though I'm alone, always a bit worried and nervous, and basically I always feel like I'm different. Yet, I believe I'm average in every way. Oh, and I'm always confused. There is other things. But, I have trouble putting things to words.

Phixum

Little presence of insanity
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 23, 2012
    Well... I'm paranoid, social phobic to the point if I'm around too many people I get sick, low self esteem, I daydream too much(I have to tell myself to pay attention), feeling watched even though I'm alone, always a bit worried and nervous, and basically I always feel like I'm different. Yet, I believe I'm average in every way. Oh, and I'm always confused. There is other things. But, I have trouble putting things to words.

I have EXACTLY the same issues ontop of what I've already mentioned. I hate the fact that excessive daydreaming is a part of my routine because it might ultimately lead to severe disappointment.

Years
    I'm normally finding myself talking to myself as a strange habit. I'm sometimes quite depressed even going as far of thinking of suicide. I also daydream a bit as well and also seem to do other things in lessons...

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    by abnormalty, i assume anything that you might consiter weird.

There is a word for this,
    but-
    I have sort of a "deja vu" thing going on.
    Sometimes, when I sleep, I get pictures of almost anything,
    sometimes, it's longer than one second, and continues for perhaps a few moments.

Then, at one point in time, It happens.
    and I see it exactly how I saw it sleeping.

It totally throws my focus off though, and makes me feel like i'm in some sort of confusion.

Just recently, I found out that I got it through genes.
    Great grandmother, I believe?

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I don't know if this would be considered a "mental abnormality" or not, but I used to/still have pretty bad social anxiety. Like, I'd hate going into stores when I was out with family members, or going to shop for clothes, or anything like that. I'm slightly better now,I don't mind going out as much, but I'm still not like most people, I suppose. When I was at Anime North, with friends, it wasn't as bad, but since most of the time I'm not around people like that... yeah :[

maxx unlimited

THIS IS SPAR-I mean, HOENN!!!
    Years
    Oh yeah.
    This is the thread for me.

Here's the list:
    ADHD
    Depression
    Anxiety
    OCD

I have some issues...

EDIT: Oh yeah, I can also predict things and sometimes read people's minds.
    Like songs that play on the radio, answers to multiple choice questions, so on so forth.
    Once, I had a dream of a day at school, and everything that happened in that dream happened that day.
    Because of this, my friend calls me Liza. :/

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Yeah, I've got issues. I know I have issues. But I have very good self-control and all of what I'm about to list is all internal stuff, so...

I think about death and suicide too much. :/ That may just be pessimism, or maybe I'm just a sadist. Part of me isn't surprised though, since I've always had some depression and anger issues and I know I went through some serious crap at random points of my life...particularly my early to mid childhood.

I'm also always daydreaming. Whether it's about anime, my life, death, or whatever else I always seem to be daydreaming; especially when someone is talking to me. I think I inherited that trait from my mother though, only to a lesser extent.

I cannot be around too many people. Unfortunately for me I live in the most crowded city EVER, and I'm claustrophobic. Whenever I'm cramped in an elevator with too many people or waiting in a line with too many people (which happens...daily) makes me want to set fire to a small child...or just run. Run very fast and away from them.

Paranoia. Ah, paranoia. Someone is going to sneak into my apartment at midnight, shoot my parents in their sleep and bash my skull against the wall until I collapse then pop bullets straight through my brain. Someone is going to push me into the train tracks while I'm not looking and I'll either die by train accident or be electrocuted to death. I think you get the idea.

I sometimes experience deja-vu. I'll dream of something (and I'll KNOW I dreamt it) and sometime later the exact same scene will play itself over. Like once when I was 9 I had a dream where I wrote the number '6001' on a piece of paper for Saturday tutoring. Guess what I'm doing two years later. :/ Rarely the deja-vu will happen while I daydream; it's almost always at night.
    Also, every single dream I have relates to what will happen to me the next day to some extent. Does this happen to anyone else?

So yeah. Lots of problems in thar.
    My mom calls it a side effect of 'thinking too much'.

Kitty-Kat

Shirley Huge Chest
    Years
    I'm currently taking 20mgs of Prozac for my depression! :D
    Yeah... ^^; I actually got taken away from my home once because my mom and I got into a huge argument, and I threatened to commit suicide. They got me a therapist and a psychologist, and more pills. LOLYAY :D

But recently I've become so much more anxious, and angry. I'm going to try working it out in psychotherapy, but if that doesn't work, I get MOAR PILLS!

Also, on a less depressing note, I don't know why, but I am socially inept. I have no idea what to say around people. I'm so bad. Rofl. I like hanging out with people, but I always feel awkward unless I'm hyped up on sugar.
    I also seem to have damaged that part of my brain that stops you before you say something stupid, your inhibitions. I will say really inappropriate things and not care what people say. I don't say mean things, just... things that make people feel awkward, I guess. Sometimes I do it just to bug certain friends, but sometimes I can't help it.

LOLWell, there's the gateway to my messed up mind :D

Years
    I've got some pretty insane paranoia thing going on. I'm always worrying that someone, somewhere is talking behind my back. I don't even know why this would worry me, as I usually don't care what other people think about me. And it's not even what they're saying about me. It's the fact that they're saying something; it just makes my feel really self conscious.

Whatever, completely irrational I suppose.

Salamence!

^^^^Caramelldansen^^^^
    Years
    I kinda have memory problems. For example I don't know the times tables even though I remembered 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. But can't remember them now.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I believe I am antisocial. I hate humans in general. Everyday I see new reasons to hate them. So far, I see only one (very lame) reason to love them.

I go crazy at the word smart or any synonyms of it if it is directed at me. Somehow I hate being called smart. The problem is....... everyone IRL think that I am smart. That includes (but not limited to) my friends, my family, my classmates, my teachers, perfect strangers and also my enemies.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Well I don't know if this counts, I sometimes have this thing where the room looks like it's getting bigger and I see random colours appear, always blue red and green and it gives me a headache. I've only had it severely a few times where the room looked like it was massive and the ceiling (which is usually white) looked like it was red and green, I felt like a mouse compared to it and I nearly fainted but I get a minor one quite alot; I've had it for as long as I can remember and I don't have a clue what it is.

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years

It's a lot easier to say "Me too" then type that out, so here goes,
    Me too, :>

Vendak, you should probably get that checked out :S I've never heard of anything like it.

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    by abnormalty, i assume anything that you might consiter weird.

There is a word for this,
    but-
    I have sort of a "deja vu" thing going on.
    Sometimes, when I sleep, I get pictures of almost anything,
    sometimes, it's longer than one second, and continues for perhaps a few moments.

Then, at one point in time, It happens.
    and I see it exactly how I saw it sleeping.

It totally throws my focus off though, and makes me feel like i'm in some sort of confusion.

Just recently, I found out that I got it through genes.
    Great grandmother, I believe?
    Same thing really. but sometimes i see events one month before. like yeasterday i had this event i saw but in my dreams i was without cruches and a semi-broken knee. Could it be that destiny and fate is controlled by you but the events in your life are not? Wow thats strange to think about really.

Furanty

神の右手
    Years
    Mhh, well, I'm good in school, able to learn languages very fast. After a few weeks of learning french, I'm able to write texts in this langauge.
    Ah yeah, I feel no pain, except for awful strong pains, like to get a nail in your hand, that drills through the hand. These are pains I feel, but not as really pain, but I feel that something is wrong.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    Well, I am quiet and I have this "boring personality". Everyone seems to ignore me even in this forum. And I am gullible, I believe on the most unbelievable things like God. In my positive mentality, I can easily learn things, I am very calm even in a brink of disaster, and mostly I help other people with their "social problems".

Back