• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

any metal fans?

BryGuy Shinigami

Psychic Pokemon Prophet
Years
  • Metal threads just can't stay alive. :'(

I'm not a fan of older metal, like Metallica or Slayer or Iron Maiden. I like post-hardcore, metalcore, death metal, and deathcore. Here are some out of A LOT of bands I like: Woe, Is Me, The Devil Wears Prada, Memphis May Fire, Sleeping With Sirens, Chelsea Grin, Whitechapel, Born Of Osiris, As Blood Runs Black, Suicide Silence, I Set My Friends On Fire, The Word Alive, In Fear & Faith, Of Mice & Men, All Shall Perish, The Acacia Strain, etc.

C:

Have you tried a Gothic Metalcore band called Motionless In White? They are great. I wanted to see them live today along with The Word Alive, but I didn't have the money like I thought :( . If you try them out, try songs like "Abigail", "We Put the Fun in Funeral", and most importantly, "Cobwebs". Metal is a great way to past time while playing video games. It took me 3 hours to catch a male and female Eevee on Pokemon Platinum, and if it wasn't for metal and hardcore, I would have went insane. Also if any of y'all have a Last.FM account, I can add y'all, I have a ton of metal and hardcore bands both big and underground.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Have you tried a Gothic Metalcore band called Motionless In White? They are great. I wanted to see them live today along with The Word Alive, but I didn't have the money like I thought :( . If you try them out, try songs like "Abigail", "We Put the Fun in Funeral", and most importantly, "Cobwebs". Metal is a great way to past time while playing video games. It took me 3 hours to catch a male and female Eevee on Pokemon Platinum, and if it wasn't for metal and hardcore, I would have went insane. Also if any of y'all have a Last.FM account, I can add y'all, I have a ton of metal and hardcore bands both big and underground.
    Yeah, that band is awesome! :D I'm seeing them this Friday, along with The Word Alive, blessthefall, and Chunk! No Captain Chunk, with a bunch of my friends, and I'm so excited. <3 It's too bad you didn't get to go. :( And yeah, metal is some great music to listen to when playing Pokémon. I was listening to In Dying Arms while playing Heart Gold. :P

I just found this band called Phinehas, and they're friggin' sweet. They have some sick solos in their songs. ;D

[ythd]v/1QAhubCrbBk[/ythd]

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • Oh god yes....
    I do like Disturbed, and Five Finger, but I perfer the more hardcore stuff...like Gorgaroth, Mayhem, Thorns, Burzum, Darkthrone, Immortal, Satyricon, Enslaved, Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, Ulver.
    System of a Down and Avenged Seven Fold are a joke. Not metal at all. Just semi-hard rock. Posers

BryGuy Shinigami

Psychic Pokemon Prophet
    Years
  • Yeah, that band is awesome! :D I'm seeing them this Friday, along with The Word Alive, blessthefall, and Chunk! No Captain Chunk, with a bunch of my friends, and I'm so excited. <3 It's too bad you didn't get to go. :( And yeah, metal is some great music to listen to when playing Pokémon. I was listening to In Dying Arms while playing Heart Gold. :P

I just found this band called Phinehas, and they're friggin' sweet. They have some sick solos in their songs. ;D

[ythd]v/1QAhubCrbBk[/ythd]

That was real good, I am so use to seeing 2 guitarists in Metalcore. This is the second Metalcore band I have seen that just uses one guitar. Divine Heresy is the other.

@Method: That's a good list of metal bands. I consider System of a Down as Metal (either Nu Metal or Alternative Metal) they are not the heaviest, but some consider a band metal, other consider them as Hard Rock. AC/DC is an example of that, as well as Gunz N Roses and even Linkin Park. One person considers them Hard Rock, another would consider them Metal. Linkin Park is Nu Metal (mostly on albums like Hybrid Theory and Meteora) where Mike did a good amount of rapping, Chester would use Metal, Hardcore, Screamo vocals and occasionally use regular or even soft vocals. To add more of a hip-hop feel, they had Joseph Hahn playing the turntables. Then the other 3 (Dave, Rob, and Brad) would use Nu Metal guitars, bass, and drumming. Avenged Sevenfold use to be Metalcore, but went to Hard Rock with some Heavy Metal ideology, so they kinda depends.

Vickytoria

Custom User Title
    Years
  • :D

Oh yea!
    I'm a HUGE fan of metal music especially from the 80s <3!
    Its like one of my fave types ever :D

BryGuy Shinigami

Psychic Pokemon Prophet
    Years
  • underOATH use to be metal. They are now post-hardcore/ pop-punk. But here is when they actually played metal (it was metalcore with some black metal and death metal thrown in) in fact, underOATH's old stuff is considered Christian Black Metal (which some find as a contradiction) what makes Black Metal is: blasting drumming, high-tuned guitars/basses, occasional keyboards/symphonics, and screeching vocals, if the lyrics are Christian, Satanic, Occultic, Pagan, etc. that's up to the artists, just that most lyrics are about Satanism, the Occult, and Nazism. But it's possible to be both a Christian and a Black Metal fan/musician.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    That was real good, I am so use to seeing 2 guitarists in Metalcore. This is the second Metalcore band I have seen that just uses one guitar. Divine Heresy is the other.
    I believe they had another guitarist, but they left. I think they got a new one. These guys are amazing, though. :D

Also, I love underOATH. I think of all of their albums post-hardcore/metalcore, though. :\

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • I just began listening to metal about a month ago or so and so far I'm a fan of Linkin Park, Bullet for my Valentine, and Evanscence.

Are there any other good bands that I should listen to?

Classics like Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath or Judas Priest are a must-listen. I'd say to start with Iron Maiden's "The Number of the Beast", or even "Powerslave" (albums; don't be scared by the names). Then there's the thrash scene of the 80's with bands like Metallica or Megadeth. Megadeth's "Rust In Peace" and Metallica's "Ride The Lightning" are their best work imo, but since you've just started I wouldn't really recommend starting by those.

As for me, I love the metal classics, with Iron Maiden and Megadeth being my favourite bands. Dave Mustaine (Megadeth) and Steve Harris (Iron Maiden) are the most.brilliant.songwriters.EVER. "Rust In Peace" is my favourite album ever, with the almighty "Holy Wars... The Punishment Due" being their best song imo.
    One thing I can't stand is the whole -core thing and the screams. Get them away from me plz kthx.

BryGuy Shinigami

Psychic Pokemon Prophet
    Years
  • METALMETALMETAL.

omg bullet for my valentine <333333

metal is real music. fo sho. we don't need all this rap crap >:F

I for one love rap, I don't care for Lil Wayne and 50 Cent and NIcki Minaj and some of the mainstream rappers, but a lot of good rappers came from the late 70s, 80s, 90s, and early 2000. Tupac, Notorious BIG, Tech N9ne, Easy E, Bone Thugz N Harmony, and KRS One are some good rappers. This new rap like Soulja Boy and Lil Wayne is what is sorry.

One good band I like is Shadows Fall, I like songs like "Fire In Babylon", "Inspiration On Demand", "In Effigy". Y'all guys should check those songs out, especially "In Effigy" which has a DBZ AMV.

Years
  • One here, but I don't listen only metal, i do listen hard rock, classic rock, glam, Blues (in fact, my favorite musician is gary moore RIP), jazz

My fav metal bands are: Megadeth, Savatage, Queensryche, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Kamelot, Helloween, Opeth, Yngwie Malmsteen, ETC

BryGuy Shinigami

Psychic Pokemon Prophet
    Years
  • Good list, I have been listening to a lot of Melodic Death Metal lately, In Flames, At the Gates, Children of Bodom, Arch Enemy, you name it. Still listening to my Metalcore like Haste The Day, As I Lay Dying, Bullet For My Valentine, Killswitch Engage, and Shadows Fall. A song you all should try is "Fear In Your Eyes" by Gwen Stacy, a great Christian Metalcore band. They have awesome breakdowns that are commonly found in Metalcore mix with inspirational and uplifting lyrics.

Nerdy Mojo

No Lifer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    im a big metal fan with bands including but not limited to:anthrax,megadeth,black sabbath,marilyn manson,disturbed,slipknot,rob zombie,ozzy solo,alice cooper,alice in chains,etc.

my faves are manson(have all his albums from portrait of an american family to high end of low),alice cooper(pretties for you,billion dollar babies,welcome to my nightmare,and along came a spider[plus best of album]),and ozzy osbourne(blizzard of oz,diary of a madman,bark at the moon,and best of)

also like korn but they am unclear what genre they really are as they are very distinct and unique

ben cousins

Backspacer
    Years
  • im a big metal fan with bands including but not limited to:anthrax,megadeth,black sabbath,marilyn manson,disturbed,slipknot,rob zombie,ozzy solo,alice cooper,alice in chains,etc.

my faves are manson(have all his albums from portrait of an american family to high end of low),alice cooper(pretties for you,billion dollar babies,welcome to my nightmare,and along came a spider[plus best of album]),and ozzy osbourne(blizzard of oz,diary of a madman,bark at the moon,and best of)

also like korn but they am unclear what genre they really are as they are very distinct and unique
    good list, also korn definitely arn't metal i'd categorize them as a mix of alternitive rock and hip hop [you can call them alternitive metal but that's just a term used to describe bands that weren't heavey enough to make it in]

Renpuu

Gengar !
    Years
  • Metal is such a vast genre nowadays and there are alot of good and bad. The classics like Iron maiden, Metallica, Judas Priest are a great place to start, Iron maiden being one of my favourite bands. I like loads of other bands such as Machine Head, Disturbed, Vital Remains, Kalmah, Insomnium, Dragonforce, Manowar, Hatebreed, Chimaira and a few more I probabley can't remember right now XD. So that range varies from heavy metal all the way to Melo Death and Death Metal. Nice to see others appericate metal ^_^

Faolan

darĸneѕѕ prevaιlѕ.
    Years
  • My definite favorite is Disturbed, just because of the way they put together their songs. I also listen to FFDP a little, and Asking Alexandria too. I have only few other favorite bands but I can't think of their names right now. I sometimes listen to other music, like country, but not often.

Back