• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any name in the world

Cello

Tonight!
Years
  • If you could change your name to any other name out there, what would you change it to and why?
    And these are actual names, not usernames.

I'd probably change my name from Ryan to Jack. Jack just sounds like more of a manly/professional name.
    Ryan just makes me sound like a shaggy teenage skateboarder. Though I have been known to be shaggy, skateboard occasionally, and a teenager at one time...
    Sounds like i'm a stereotype.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
    Years
  • Most definitely Joey. It sounds like a very nice and fitting name, and certainly beats the dull name Kevin by far. For some reason, it seems like the media just love to portray any Kevins in a very negative light, most of Kevins in TV-series seem to always be extremely egotistical people. When you actually look at the meaning of the name, it kind of made sense why they chose for that, since it stands for handsome at birth. Not the most humble name you could think of.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Poi or something! I heard it once and I believe it's Finnish (not sure), or my same name, but with the B instead of the P.

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
  • Amber, since it was the name I was originally going to be called (before my brother suggested the name Beth) and I think it's a lovely name. It would also go with my natural hair colour. I don't mind the name Beth at all but when I was younger I used to think I had such a dull and boring name.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I want to be Nicolette desperately. Nicole is boring and everyone has it and ugh but Nicolette is pretty. I was going to be that too, but my jerk dad talked my mom out of it and into Nicole instead. Plus everyone who knew me before would be able to use Nicole as a nickname so it wouldn't be too jarring.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Michael or David. I don't care if they might be considered 'boring', I think they would suit me. (And lots of famous people involved in television have a David in their name somewhere...)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I really like the name Andy - but gun to my head, if I had to pick a different one, I'd go with Ryan, Nick, Liam or Will. I like four-letter names, not sure why haha. And I like young-sounding names too.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I really like the name Andy - but gun to my head, if I had to pick a different one, I'd go with Ryan, Nick, Liam or Will. I like four-letter names, not sure why haha. And I like young-sounding names too.
    Young names don't normally work out when your skin starts wrinkle and your body parts begin to sag, Sir. Andrew!

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • I don't really want to change my name. Now, if I was forced to, I would probably choose Daniel.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I used to hate my name, but Matt has really grown on me recently. However, I'd still really consider using my middle name, Dylan. I find it suits me a lot more, and I use it where I can already!

I've thought about changing my name to some variation of Nick though, or perhaps Spencer...

Though Sherlock seems the obvious choice!

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I would probably pick Scarlet. Scarlet has been my online alias since I was eleven years old (although I rarely go by it anymore, I use my real name instead), and I suppose I've grown attached to it.

Years
  • At this very moment if I were to pick a new name it would be Chloe, but as one syllable: clo. I don't like the sound of clowee. I like the 'o' sound and short names are kind sleek.

Years
  • My mother was originally going to name me Chloe, that would have been my name if someone didn't think of Nichole (my actual name).

If I were to go under a different name, I would have named myself the name I was supposed to have - Chloe.

Someone also nearly named me Rhiannon, but it wouldn't sound well with my surname (mine is a common one but Rhiannon wouldn't have a ring to it).

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    I hate my name. It's too young and hip for my personality, I think a more traditional and professional sounding name would suit me so much better. My name just makes me sound sassy, which I'm certainly not.

But I don't really know what I'd change it to, lol. Probably something like Constantia or Regina. Sadly the thing about names like that is that everyone would want to shorten it and call me Connie or Gina. D:

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
    Years
  • I think my name (Jenna) is really nice, so I probably wouldn't change it if I could. Alana and Thalia sound like good options if I had to, though.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • If you changed your name to LEEEEEEEEEROY JENKINS I'd probably punch something in the face.

Me? I dunno. Just... I don't really care. As long as it wasn't as something overdone as Leeroy Jenkins.

Back