• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Any pokemon you just can't get rid of on your team?

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2009
    I know I have played emerald almost 4 times through now, and no matter what I always have Gardevoir (spelling?)

Is there anyone else who seems to always use the same pokemon consistently?

Cheshire

nite-owl loves to party
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2009
    When I play through sapphire I always catch sharpedo and nosepass. there great. :D

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
    Years
    I could never resist hanging around Viridian Forest and trying to catch a Pikachu... Just couldn't resist... the urge...

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    In my Firered I can't help but have a Fearow :) I know why. Its because my Spearow evolved on my birthday... I think that I have like 20 Fearows now.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    Pelipper. I couldn't resist. Wingull was so awesome, then I'd evolve it. Not only can I use it to use Fly, but it's rather strong in-game. I could tank through the hole E4 with just my Pelipper.

Gavin<3

Years
    I must always have a Blaziken, a Gardevoir, and a Gardevoir in my team in Sapphire. Always.

Neat with two Gardevoirs in one team, SystemOfADownperson~ ;)

Zangoose. I need Zangoose in Ruby. I can't have a team facing elite4 without Zangoose. Zangoose is my lifeline, my soul. Hm. Well, I'm pissed about not having Zangoose in Emerald. Really pissed.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    Believe it or not, Xatu hasn't made its way onto all of my teams.

Tentacruel has. From my Red Version (which I still play) to my Smogon team, it's always there. Although it has many uses, I tend to make it a Utilitycrue, with Knock Off, Confuse Ray, Toxic, and Surf. It's oft-underestimated Sp.Def allows it to take Psychics, Earth Powers, and Thunderbolts like a champ, and its type combination gives it some useful physical resistances. All this adds up to a 'Mon that can switch into most sweepers and neutralize them by Knocking Off their Life Orb/Choice Item and inflicting confusion.

With Barrier, Toxic, and Mirror Coat, it becomes an unnaturally fast Toxistaller + wall...

You could also go the special sweeper route, and give it Sludge Bomb, Ice Beam, and Surf.

Yeah... Tentacruel FTW.

Years
    The Starter Pokémon. Any legendary is also appreciated, unless it is shiny and I don't feel like EV Training it for the time being.

Back