• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Any pokemon you just can't get rid of on your team?

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    Todoroki said:
    Gardevoir is like a must have in R/S/E

it tanks so well xP

Agree

and probably Blaziken on R/S/E and Pidgeot on FR/LG

Years
    On FR/LG it always seems to be Pidgeot
    On R/S/E it's probably Pellipper
    For D/Platinum it's been Staraptor
    Soo...probably basically the bird Pokemon stay the same ><;

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Yup there a few Todorokis I can't ever get rid of. One is my dearly beloved Todoroki.

Years
    Definitely Swampert. I've kind of lost count of how many Swamperts I have in my PC boxes. Whenever I start a new game, I tend to trade all my good Pokemon from that file to another Pokemon game, then trade them back to the new file. I think one of these days I'll start with Torchic...

Another is Plusle/Minun. I usually raise one of these two Pokemon in my third generation game.

In FireRed, I just can't seem to get rid of Pikachu or Lapras.

Translator

I want a blog.
    Years
    R/S/E
    I always end up having Zigzagoon, Shroomish and Altaria.

FireRed/LeafGreen
    I always end up catching Snorlax.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    IN R/S/E, I always had my swellow on my team.
    and
    In Fire red and Leaf Green, I always have my pidgeot and pikachu on my team.

Methuselah

Editor Extraordinaire
    Years
    Torchic, because I've always like it after I seen it for the first time on the Anime.

Arcanine. It's just spectacular.

And Wailmer because it's huge and has some crazy defensive stats.

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    The Pidgey evolution line. If they're not available I'd use Taillow or Starly.

mystery913

some guy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2009
    on my emerald its mudkip and trapinch though i do try to change my team every once in a while

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    I could never resist hanging around Viridian Forest and trying to catch a Pikachu... Just couldn't resist... the urge...

I second. Even if I'm doing a monotype challenge- I have to have a Pikachu. I have to. Usually, he's on my team, too.

I can also never part with my starters. Sometimes, I try. But, I just can't.

As far as Pokemon that are on my team every time I play- the only one that is on it every time is Pikachu/Raichu. I try to mix and match the others. So gameplay will be a little different every time I play.

Back