• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Any pokemon you just can't get rid of on your team?

-Raiken-

L is real 2401
Years
  • Alakazam. Me and that pokemon have always bonded and he is currently the best in my Pokemon Emerald game and well on the game is he is also my current favorite partner.

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
  • Gardevoir. I HAVE to have my favorite Pokemon in at all times. Best thing is, she's very good. :D

And I can remember playing through FireRed and the original R/B/Y and trying to keep a Beedrill, just because everyone said it sucked. But it totally RULED against Agatha. :D

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I always have a Muk and a Hitmonlee in my teams. Muk is awesome, and I just really don't like Hitmonchan. Sorry, Jackie. I do like Rush Hour, though. :3

Years
  • I almost always start with Mudkip on my Emerald, and I always end up having a Swellow. Slaking was pretty awesome, and I always caught Ralts if I had the patience.

...I just started a new game and I know what my team's gonna be already.

Bill_taco

Headbanger
    Years
  • back when i played ruby every damn day i would always have my level 100 alakazam (i naturally trained it up to that level)

The story behind the alakazam is it was my brothers from his original Red. It was level 75 when he traded it to me and i took it to the caves before the E4 and just trained it up to level 94 and E4 brought it to level 100.

My E4 team then on was Alakazam, Deoxys, Gardevoir, Groudon, my red Gyrados from Silver, and Rayquaza

I like Psychic and dragon pokemon. The Groudon was in the group just because he knew fissure and eruption.

the alakazam was my favorite

I would also get a Pidgey and eventually train it to a Pidgeotto. So yeah Pidgeotto and Alakazam are pretty much my favorite pokmans.

Years
  • To Eggie Poo Poo:

NOO!! Ninetales is one of my absolute faves and must be with me everywhere I go! :)

I also use my starter; try to have some sort of "eeveelution" and most of my favourite fire-types.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2009
    I love Gardevoirs and Zangoose is a must on ruby, Absol on sapphire.
    but i almost always have a dragon or psychic, too good.

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
  • In my Pokemon Fire Red, I always start with Charmander because I always need Charizard and in my Pokemon Emerald, I always need to start with Mudkip because when I battle the third gym leader, it's always easy when it evolves into Marshtomp.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • In pokemon firered I always had a dragonite. Dragonite is a very powerful pokemon and its very useful to defeat hard trainers(like gary). Another pokemon that I always had on my team was Muk. Muk just defeated any trainer I fought. I also defeated my friend on a link battle three times in a row because of muk(Toxic, 252 spdef evs, Acid Armour). Even my friend started using muk after that battle.^_^

kellogs

Crunchy
    Years
  • A mightyena Has been in my team for my last two run's and still in my current one in R/S :O Also I always try to grab an Abra.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • back when i played ruby every damn day i would always have my level 100 alakazam (i naturally trained it up to that level)

The story behind the alakazam is it was my brothers from his original Red. It was level 75 when he traded it to me and i took it to the caves before the E4 and just trained it up to level 94 and E4 brought it to level 100.

My E4 team then on was Alakazam, Deoxys, Gardevoir, Groudon, my red Gyrados from Silver, and Rayquaza

I like Psychic and dragon pokemon. The Groudon was in the group just because he knew fissure and eruption.

the alakazam was my favorite

I would also get a Pidgey and eventually train it to a Pidgeotto. So yeah Pidgeotto and Alakazam are pretty much my favorite pokmans.

You can't trade Pokemon to Ruby from Red or Silver. :\

Back