• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Any pokemon you just can't get rid of on your team?

Alec_

Years
    I can never let go my Pokemon Starter :3. It's because it's my first pokemon and it's much stronger than others ( Except Legendary XD )

~Fairytales.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    Always have fire starters except feraligatr, I sometimes play that on the 2nd try at the game.
    I always have an obcession with having flying types on my team wether, pigdey or taillow orrrrrrr starly. xD they're just that awesome.

Oh The Places You'll Go.

Whatever will be, will be.
    Years
    BEAUTIFLY!
    I have no idea why I loved it to bone, always had a soft spot for the little butterfly.
    Every restarting game, Beautifly always had a reserved spot on my team. Always <3.
    Thats only in Emerald, though. Not in any other generation game, only for nostalgia reasons ;)
    LeafGreen was a different story. I was always had Squirtle. Whenever I restarted with a different starter, I ended up restarting again just for Squirtle in the begining.

Years
    Gardy.

I also almost always end up with a Camerupt on my team.

Kanto teams are more varied, but I still end up with a Pidgeot most of the time.

PokeMoon

Proud "Teh New Era" Member
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    On Pokemon FireRed I always had my Lunatone :P.
    It was my brothers and he gave it to me...It was still like level 15, but it had the experience bonuses. So I trained it to level 100 in like 2 days, always had it in my party since then.

Switchback

Flare Counsellor
    Years
    Within Ruby and Sapphire, I always made sure to catch an Electrike and evolve it into a Manectric. The amount of times it has gotten me out of a crisis is quite surprising, guess there's nothing quite like old faithful when everything else seems to fail.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2015
    My Swampert. I've had it since April 27th, 2003 and we've been through a lot together. It has never left the top spot in my party...

Weavile Gemini

Some Ninja
    Years
    My Flygon, Dragoon, is my baby <3 I used him in a contest.
    Aaaaand my Luiga kicks some serious butt along with Suicune.

For the FR/LG Games I would always use Haunter and Eevee.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2009
    The starter, and usually the second Pokemon I catch and train. Or else the HM slave... LMAO

extramaster

Pokemon Diamond master
    Years
    My starter pokemon

My starter pokemon.
    Why ??? Well it's probably the only pokemon in the pokemon games that I play that are level 100.

Satoshi Yamazaki

Freelancer
    Years
    R/S/E - I've always picked Torchic every time I've done a restart 'cuz Blaziken ends up being one of my all-time favorite Pokemon. I also almost always have my Salamence with me. He's probably my favorite Dragon-type out of them all (in the Advanced generation games), and he's very reliable when he's at a high level.

FR/LG - I always have an Eevee and a Gengar, once I get the chance to trade Haunter to evolve into a Gengar.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    On Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald it's Swampert.
    On Fire Red/Leaf Green, it has to be Pikachu and Eevee.

I can't play these games without these pokemon.

Back