• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any Pokemon you're surprised you don't have?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    I'm kind of surprised Bulbasaur are so nonexistent. I've found a wild Ivysaur here but have yet to see a Bulbasaur. Squirtle, my starter, is the most common, I've seen 8.

Only seen one Charmander, and hatched one.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Scythers are rare for me now, and I would really like a better one for myself.

My boyfriend is impressed that I was able to obtain an Arcanine when I was in California. He has yet to get one for himself.

Dragonites are extremely common here in Houston. I know a ton of people that have one already and i have yet to have one myself.

Years
    Shellder and Seel have shown up very rarely despite the fact that I get lots of other Water-types (Slowpoke, Staryu, Krabby, Tentacool) fairly often. That one honestly confuses me.

I'm still pretty sore that I haven't seen one Magnemite anywhere. It's only in the last few days that I even saw a single Electric Pokemon in the wild (a Pikachu that ran away). I can understand Dragons and Ghosts and Ice-types being fairly rare, but why Electric-types? The only Electric-types I have are Pikachu that I hatched and Jolteons I evolved (since Eevee is common as dirt here). And there are at least two electric substations within walking distance of me.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    You would think Ekans would be similar to Rattata, Pidgey and Oddish. It's like a garter snake.

Not sure why it's so rare, not just here where I live but also where I work and inbetween, about 27 miles away.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
    Shellder and Seel have shown up very rarely despite the fact that I get lots of other Water-types (Slowpoke, Staryu, Krabby, Tentacool) fairly often. That one honestly confuses me.

I'm still pretty sore that I haven't seen one Magnemite anywhere. It's only in the last few days that I even saw a single Electric Pokemon in the wild (a Pikachu that ran away). I can understand Dragons and Ghosts and Ice-types being fairly rare, but why Electric-types? The only Electric-types I have are Pikachu that I hatched and Jolteons I evolved (since Eevee is common as dirt here). And there are at least two electric substations within walking distance of me.

If it's Magnemites you're after, book yourself a flight to Inverness in Scotland and head east to Fortrose. It's crawling with them. You literally can't pass through the village without encountering at least 3. Same goes for Voltorbs. Must be a power plant nearby up there.

Years
    If it's Magnemites you're after, book yourself a flight to Inverness in Scotland and head east to Fortrose. It's crawling with them. You literally can't pass through the village without encountering at least 3. Same goes for Voltorbs. Must be a power plant nearby up there.

Then it's a shame the game didn't exist a few years ago since I was staying near Inverness for a week. I could have stocked up a bunch.

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
    I'd say Squirtle. I know, I shouldn't expect to have one because of it's rarity, but, uhh, I've seen two so far and one escaped, the other lost to a game freeze. So yeah. I feel a bit cheated out of a certain turtle right now.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    in reply to Esper, I've seen 3 wild Pikachu around here, and Jolteon is easy to get because Eevee spawns once every 3 seconds. But Magnemite, Voltorb and Electabuzz just don't exist. Same with Fire, Ice, Rock and Ground types.

I pass about 50 gyms every weekday going to work and back, and I usually scroll through most and there's still some Pokémon I have not seen in them. Most of these are uncommon spawns or non-existent.
    Chansey, Alakazam, Sandslash, Dugtrio, Persian, Primeape, Golem, Muk, Onix, Lickitung, Tangela, Seadra, Ditto, Omastar and of course the region exclusives Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime and Farfetch'd.

Pokémon in gyms tend to reveal spawn rates for Pokémon in an area. Unless they just lucked out on an egg or a random fully evolved spawn. Of these I'm most surprised by Alakazam. I'm sure people have it but never use it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    I still don't have Pikachu, Doduo, Ekans, Koffing, Shelder (it showed as nearby but did not pop up today), Tentacool (saw its shadow a couple of times), and a few others.

Saw a couple of people saying they haven't seen Drowzee or only got 1 or 2. I see them quite often and have caught a few (they're fairly difficult to catch).

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I've caught a lot of the old "WHERE ARE YOU" Pokémon recently but still having trouble with a few. The main ones would be Charmander, Cubone and Doduo I think - haven't caught a single one of these and it's bugging me now haha. Any tips on finding them?

Years
    I've caught a lot of the old "WHERE ARE YOU" Pokémon recently but still having trouble with a few. The main ones would be Charmander, Cubone and Doduo I think - haven't caught a single one of these and it's bugging me now haha. Any tips on finding them?

for charmanders try parks/museums in early afternoon
    cubones... theres a canal here, when i walk the canal around 3 to 5pm i catch ton of cubones
    Doduo, now thats one ive never seen whiff of, surprising because in some areas they are a rich mans rattatta

Years
    The two that surprise me the most is Seel and Onix. I remember failing to catch a Seel when I just started and seeing them nearby a lot as well, but I am lv 21 now and am yet to catch one. Onix surprises me because before I started playing, the first time someone showed me the game (for like 15 min), he caught an Onix so I didn't think they would be that rare. It was pretty close to my house as well, but I never even see it nearby.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    The two that surprise me the most is Seel and Onix. I remember failing to catch a Seel when I just started and seeing them nearby a lot as well, but I am lv 21 now and am yet to catch one. Onix surprises me because before I started playing, the first time someone showed me the game (for like 15 min), he caught an Onix so I didn't think they would be that rare. It was pretty close to my house as well, but I never even see it nearby.

3 of the places where i like to play are near water and have plenty of water pokemon spawn points, i caught seel at all of them, and one of those spots has around 1 seel per hour. So try locations where you also get plenty of the other water pokemon, like poliwag, goldeen, magikarp, horsea, staryu.

I dont know about onix, i got one randomly.

Back