• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any sounds/noises that make you cringe?

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
    Dry-on-dry, if that makes sense. Like dry hands on velvet, or the top of the insides of some cars (if that makes sense... you'd know if you have a car like that).. it kills a part of me inside, and for a while the feeling lasts. I often have to cover my ears and bang my head against a wall xD

Secondly, I hate noises that sound like they hurt the person who's doing it. Ie; cracking knuckles, 'snapping nails' as stated above. It's... gah.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    No idea lol. It just sounds so awesome. Hardly anyone can stand the sound of my neck cracking though, it's really loud and it sounds like I'm snapping my own neck lol.
    Finally! Someone else who does the same exact thing I do! xDD

Anyways.

A fangirl screaming/squealing/hyperventilating/OMGing/crying/anything remotely fangirlish. (-__-)
    Fingernails on the chalkboard (Just no.)
    The sounds dogs make when they fight... (its scary when its your dog, and you're standing right there).
    The ripping of aluminum. (Even though I've done it myself several times xDD)
    The sound my rolling chair makes when the wheel gets stuck when I'm trying to roll. (It's like... I can't even explain it. It just bothers me.)

Years
    I currently work at a movie theater, and each week we get a huge shipment of food to serve throughout the week. Everything comes in huge cardboard boxes. I cringe everytime I scratch the boxes with my fingernails. Ugh!

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    People yelling in my ear. Be it intentionally or accidentally, I just don't like it. >_<

*Lanee said:
    A fangirl screaming/squealing/hyperventilating/OMGing/crying/anything remotely fangirlish. (-__-)
    You'd better steer clear of me, then! :P

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Not really, but a lot of noises tend to make me shiver really intensely.
    It occurs most often when I am listening to something and then I am able to predict the next sound before it plays. It's complicated.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    the school marching band. every morning during summer, right in front of my house. This year's gunns be a little different as I have water balloons and airsoft guns. that will teach you to wake me up at 7 am...

2A4Rulez

Kurotsuchi FTW
    Years
    I hate when I go to swim practice and the girls are like "OMG did you like hear about John and Sherryl." "No what happened?" "Sherryl like totally cheated on Gerald""OMG pass ur phone I have to tell Melissa."

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I don't see how fingernails scratching on a chalkboard would make one cringe. Sure, if you were in a spooky situation, but no in a daily life. XD

Whenever someone cracks their neck, and only their neck, I kinda flinch for a split second. I just can't do it and it looks dangerous. x_X

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    The sound of people sneezing. It makes me cringe sooo much for reasons that I don't even know. I also don't like the sound of people cracking their joints. It's really gross. XD

AsugetRanzo

гейKuir
    Years
    Cracking knuckles, necks, etc...
    That noise freaks me out.
    I don't like hearing people breathe either.

Oh, and that loud ringing sound (when you are in a quiet area and a really high pitched siren/ring starts and continues forever...) from electronics.

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
    People always cringe when they hear fingernails scratching a chalkboard but that's never bothered me. I don't get what's so..cringy about that. XD No sounds really make me cringe, none come to mind currently.

EDIT: A Jonas Brothers fangirl screaming.

nope the Jonas brothers period cant stand them. I don't see whats so wrong about cracking knuckles now necks and toes that is just sick.also scratching a knife across a pan metal on metal action that squeaky noise is horrible. Also punk rock metal rock I cant take the farthest i would go with rock is like linkin park all American rejects and something with not a lot of screaming I just hate that all that metal punk rock junk music and I am not trying to start a flaming war either. On a lighter note I just got 400 post didn't even notice

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Well, Whenever I'm eating, I'll occasionally grind my canine teeth against each other. That really makes me cringe. As does cotton. Odd enough? Whenever someone rubs a cotton ball, or I use a Q-tip, it makes me shiver kinda violently.

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    Anything in a whiny, baby-like (not actual babies, those are fine. Just when people try to sound like em'.), childish voice. I swear it is one of the most annoying things out there.

There's this one kid at my school who just LOVES to talk like that (and no, it's not his regular voice, either) and he happens to be in my 4th period. @_@
    He sounds like that when he sneezes too. I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but it's not funny in the slightest.

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
    Whenever i touch that stuff (forget the name) that you get in boxes that protect the things from getting damaged, It makes me like grind my teeth i hate the way it feels/sounds like so much. And the sound of a teacher scrapping the chalkboard. Thats about all i can think of at the moment.

Back