• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anybody know of any good animes that are not rated MA?

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I have been thinking about getting into Anime but I don't want to watch one that is sexual (like nudity or sex) or overly violent ( a little action is fine though) or graphic (like blood and gore).

Any recommendations?

Thanks

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Hmm, stuff that comes to mind right off the bat -

Barakamon - A very "safe" show. Calm and almost graceful in its approach and simply fun to watch. Loved the characters too. It is an SoL, though. Not an action or dramatic story. Still one of my favorites.

You can also try getting into one of the sports series. They usually don't have much blood/gore/nudity or anything else. In that case, Kuroko's Basket, Slam Dunk and Haikyuu! are all excellent choices.

If you wish to go for drama, you can try Clannad or Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. Both are really good series, imo, with no nudity or gore. They'll make you cry since they're pretty emotional, though lol. If you'd like to go for romance, go for Nodame Cantabile or Kimi ni Todoke. Former has a sex scene here and there but you don't exactly see ANYTHING in those. They're just heavily implied and those scenes are very family friendly.

There are many more shows out there like Seirei no Moribito and Katanagatari which contain action and make for excellent watches but are considered a little slow-paced. Do give them a shot too, if you wish to. Their storylines are pretty good so I'd personally recommend them.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    You will never find sex or full nudity in anime, though...
    That's what hentai has.

Also, most of these things are censored anyways unless you download BD version. So... TV versions are what you want to go for.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    He's probably referring to shows like MonMusu/Prison School and Kill la Kill that have a decent amount of borderline scenes, you know, stuff that you generally wouldn't watch in public. In that case, fanservice of that sort is found quite a bit these days. Probably wishes to go for a "clean" anime that can be watched in public.

Years
    Steins;Gate is a really good series if you like anything to do with time travel. The characters are really funny if you like nerdy jokes and eventually I think any anime water will watch it cause it's a very popular series. Although it can be a little confusing at first and there is some blood, but it's a really good watch and I think you'd enjoy it.

Plastic Memories this is a recently released anime that I personally enjoyed. This is more of a romantic anime that ends up as a tragedy in the end. I think you would enjoy this one as one of your first animes and there are parts in it that may make you cry (just sayin').

If you want to go mainstream then Fairy Tail or Sword Art Online are popular ones right now. They're both funny and pretty fast-paced for the most part. Although they can be pretty cliche at times and from what I can remember, Sword Art Online was a little more on the drama side especially in the second arc, but nonetheless they're both very good.

Years
    Cardcaptor Sakura. I'm an old person and this is an old person anime, but it's a really good show, one of the best shows of its era. (And several years back we Pokecommunity-ers voted it best anime in a big voting thingy.) It's got no sexual stuff, no violence, but it does have "mild peril" as the main characters sometimes get into dangerous situations. The characters are wonderful and the episodes are all pretty good and interesting. It's a magical girl sort of show and, as I said, it's older (from 1998) so if either of those things isn't what you're looking for then you might try something else first, but it's still a really good show and anyone who has seen it will probably say the same.

Dennō Coil (sometimes you'll see it as Dennou Coil. Also a good series without the things you said you don't want, but still sometimes the characters get into dangerous situations. This one is more recent (2007) and is about kids looking into mysterious things going on involving a semi-real virtual world. Lots of fun and worth at least a look.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Cardcaptor Sakura. I'm an old person and this is an old person anime, but it's a really good show, one of the best shows of its era. (And several years back we Pokecommunity-ers voted it best anime in a big voting thingy.) It's got no sexual stuff, no violence, but it does have "mild peril" as the main characters sometimes get into dangerous situations. The characters are wonderful and the episodes are all pretty good and interesting. It's a magical girl sort of show and, as I said, it's older (from 1998) so if either of those things isn't what you're looking for then you might try something else first, but it's still a really good show and anyone who has seen it will probably say the same.
    Seconding CCS, though my love for it should be obvious

It really depends on the kinds of things you like, though. You can't just say "recommend me some (PG-13 or lower) anime," that's like saying "recommend me some (PG-13 or lower) TV." We need more context: what you like, what you're looking for, etc.

Shadowraze

ur mum
    Years
    Try Gin No Saji it's a slice of life anime same author as fma I'm sure you'll like it ;)

Also Bakuman another masterpiece created by the duo of deathnote and this work really recommend it a try! :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    I second/third many of those said above: (though many people are spoiling many of the things that happen in the anime, lol and I don't know if some are good for people that don't watch many anime)
    • Barakamon - light hearted and funny, and it cheers up your day with some lessons you learn each episode
    • Haikyuu! - sports = volleyball, the interactions between characters are really good!
    • Kuroko's Basket - sports = basketball...I didn't watch the anime, but manga's fun to read!
    • Hataraku Maou-sama aka Devil is A Part Timer - The devil king from another world ends up in the present world in Japan
    • Plastic Memories - Takes place in future where there's an actual android that's almost like real person except that every 7 years or so (I forgot the exact number) they have to be "wipe out" the data before the data leak
    • Fairy Tail - action, magic & fantasy it can get pretty emotional at times if you invest in the characters
    • Sword Art Online - Players are trapped in the game
    • Cardcaptor Sakura - childhood anime
    • Gin No Saji - slice of life taking place in agricultural school, main character has struggles in the past, but he develops as he experiences new things with animals and people there!

I would put my childhood shows right now because I started watching them when I was little...but it might not fit your taste if you're older, haha.

Konjiki no Gash Bell aka Zatch Bell in English - Every 100 (?) years or so, there's a battle royale between demons, and each demon has a book, where only a human can read it for the demon to use its spells. It can get really emotional too! Unfortunately anime doesn't cover all of the manga...but it's definitely worth watching this!

Ueki no Housoku aka Law of Ueki in English - A normal high school human is granted special powers by a candidate, and they are entered in the tournament to make that candidate as a next "God".

Both of these were aired sometime between 2003~2005 so the art is different from the current one...so imo, you should start watching anime from older one instead of new one... you might end up watching only the new one if you get used to the newer art style.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2015
    For the love of god please watch Hunter x Hunter. It is amazing and not overly gory, sexual, or anything. It is fantastic and you will get hooked. I am begging you to at least look it up. So so good.

Back