• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Anybody still significantly playing Red/Blue/Yellow ?

m

Pokemon Rule. Simply Put.
Years
  • my first post on this site. hm.

just got to radio tower in gold with following pokemon

Haunter - Lv27 (I'm thinking about getting rid of him)
    Ariados - Lv28 (I've never kept a bug pokemon this late in the game, but I like this one a lot)
    Flaaffy - Lv27 (Pretty much the norm electric type for me in gold)
    Togepi - Lv30 (Ugh can NOT get it to evolve, I've given it lots of lovin too)
    Kingler - Lv30 (Never used before, but seems to be awesome. So far my 2nd fav. water pokemon behind Vaporeon)
    Quilava - Lv31 (Finally learned flame wheel!!!)

any suggestions on a replacement for haunter?

A replacement for Haunter I would suggest is Gengar. Lol.

m

Years
  • well, i would... i have a gbc and a gba but no link cable... so i'm SOL there:( i put him away for a scyther, i know it's not a fair trade but i never really used scyther before

Thats actually really good. I hate how when Wi-Fi came out or whatever everybody only used Uber Pokemon or Legendaries. I think everyone should raise Pokemon they WANT to not what they think they HAVE to. Pokemon are more special when you want to raise them instead of wanting to battle with an Uber Pokemon. I wish more people would understand that..Heres my motto.

Wingull>Salamence ANY day.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • ^ Well not many people battle in the Uber metagame, but w/e. Unless your talking about n00bz on PBR.

I have two red versions (I know, wtf? I don't even remember how I got the second one.) One is dried up. My Blue version is dried up aswell. Yellow is working fine, along with G/S/C.

The last game I played was Gold version. I played it rabidly for a few weeks, but it eventually got boring and I became reluctant to play it because I didn't want my battery dieing on me. :(

m

Years
  • ^ Well not many people battle in the Uber metagame, but w/e. Unless your talking about n00bz on PBR.

I have two red versions (I know, wtf? I don't even remember how I got the second one.) One is dried up. My Blue version is dried up aswell. Yellow is working fine, along with G/S/C.

The last game I played was Gold version. I played it rabidly for a few weeks, but it eventually got boring and I became reluctant to play it because I didn't want my battery dieing on me. :(

Thats exactly why I don't play the games. I would use an emulator, or I'll stick with Diamond because of all the Pokemon you can get, not sure. I hate sticking with Diamond because I'll play the game a lot, then after Platinum a new Pokemon game will come out and I'll have to get it or I'll really want to and I hate that feeling of letting my adventure on Diamond go. I'm complicated, I know. Just my 2 cents on the situation.

SR5

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2011
    =[ the only one i have left is crystal! i wish i had red version again so i could do that mew glitch!!

i only got to do it once. i then transfered in to my crystal bc it has better graphics & the pkmn move!! lol

Years
  • I still have my Yellow version in a drawer somewhere, but I cannot find my Red. Even if I found it, I'd probably just look at it to see what team I had (if it still works), but I wouldn't start playing again.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Mmhmm! I must be a lucky person, because all my old games still work perfectly fine. ^_^

I'm currently training for the Elite Four on my Blue version. I just restarted my Yellow (but I can't think of what to name myself so I've gotten NOWHERE.), and when I can finally trade some pokemon onto my Silver, I'm going to be restarting my brother's Red version and playing that. :D

Yep! I'm a old school fan, as I play my Silver version everyday. ^_^

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
  • Mmhmm! I must be a lucky person, because all my old games still work perfectly fine. ^_^

I'm currently training for the Elite Four on my Blue version. I just restarted my Yellow (but I can't think of what to name myself so I've gotten NOWHERE.), and when I can finally trade some Pokemon onto my Silver, I'm going to be restarting my brother's Red version and playing that. :D

Yep! I'm a old school fan, as I play my Silver version everyday. ^_^
    Yeah, I play my Crystal almost every day. I can't do mystery gift anymore unless I take borrow my brother's Gold 'cause my Silver's battery dies repeatedly.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Yeah. I would do Mystery Gift between my Silver and my Crystal, but there isn't another Gameboy Color in the house. Though if I wanted to, I know where to get one. :3 -was hoping to go there to get a game for her friend, but we'll have to see if her parents will allow her to do so before she can.-

None of my batteries have died for any of my game (yet). Though sometimes my Silver restarts while I'm playing then is discolored, but that's all.

Anyways, now that I'm home I should trade some pokemon onto my Silver, than restart my brother's Red he gave me.

Minishcap

Fecaloma
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    I played Yellow about two weeks ago, but now I just got myself a Diamond version so the RBY series will have to wait for a moment. : )

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • I played Yellow 2 days ago. Good old following Pikachu. I love it how he/she tells you where to dig.

jygrmn

Jygrmn
    Years
  • I still love to play all three of them and i also agree with some other ppl, the multiplayer is a lot better then the newer ones...

jam

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    Yeah, i found my gameboy 2 weeks ago and restarted pm red!

whenever i start a game on silver, then dave and turn off, when i next turn it on there is no save game to continue :( can that be fixed?

Back