• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Anybody still significantly playing Red/Blue/Yellow ?

Years
    I was just curious as to whether anybody in here are still spending any significant amount of time playing Pokémon Red, Blue or Yellow?

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I was just curious as to whether anybody in here are still spending any significant amount of time playing Pokémon Red, Blue or Yellow?

I recently got back into Yellow, restarted it and I'm at the Elite Four after thirty-seven hours of play. I haven't touched my Blue version in ages and I recall playing Red for about five minutes a few months ago because I was bored.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    yes, I usually play my red and yellow version 1 or 2 hours every weekend or some days.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Well :\
    I'm gonna play red again soon (My yellow died :()
    I am only playing it to get the legendaries and starters to put onto crystal though...

Years
    I wouldn't say I spend a significant amount of time playing them, but I still play Blue and Yellow sometimes. I'm trying to complete my pokedex... for some reason. XD

gameshark

CHEAT POWER!!!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2008
    i play yellow! it rocks! i like discovering glitchs and using my Xploder light!
    also, look out for rogue glitches that happen every so often. things like the items changing round and the bicycle becoming a great ball.

PokeProphet

Pokemon Prophet
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    kinda, when i got vba on my laptop i downloaded blue, yellow and green, trying to rom hack them, and after realizing advance map doesnt load them, i started playing yellow, and i played english green version, and on yellow i got to like right after the pokemon tower thing, then i got bored, on green i got to cerulean.

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    I always used to restart on my Blue all the time, so I could get different pokemon for my Silver game and breed them and get more of them :) Also I used to love to see how long it could take me to beat the Elite.

I know I've already posted about Crystal on one thread, I want to know what pokemon difference are there between Yellow and the Red/Blue, what pokemon are available on Yellow compared? And also, is starter Pikachu able to evolve into Raichu? And is he stronger than a normal seen in the wild pokemon with him being a starter choice?

Years
    After getting frustrated with trying to work the Gold/Silver roms, and depressed my battery is dead in their cartridge, I just started playing Yellow. But my battery died, so i need to recharge. And i don't remember where my charger is :/

boourns

And also, is starter Pikachu able to evolve into Raichu?

I don't quite remember, but i think i heard, or did try it and rejects the stone.
    Because i always wondered about it too... You know, i think i did just hear about you couldn't, and i was always chicken to try it out.

Last edited:

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    I sure am! I recently bought Red from GameStop, and I've been playing it ever since, hoping to finish the Pokedex.

Heh, good stuff. This task is much simpler than trying it in the newer versions of the game, seeing as there is only 151 Pokemon to collect compared to the now 495 or whatever it is. Insane stuff. Can they come up with any more? I'll be dammned if they manage to reach the 1000 mark! :P

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    To give a sure answer on the question about Pikachu and evolving in Yellow, yeah, it doesn't work.

To answer the thread's question, I'm currently working on an all-Water team in RBY as part of a challenge that was issued a couple months ago on this forum. I keep putting it aside, though (because I had to catch a number of Pokemon well into the game, when I was already relying on two), but I haven't abandoned it yet. Besides, I want to work up to the point where I can go back and play with different glitches, like Glitch City. Not so much to exploit them, of course, but more because I haven't played with them for a couple of years now.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Don't we already have a thread on this?

Anyway, I'm still playing it. :D I actually have yet to beat them(don't worry, I've beaten them before). I just got Blue a month ago, to tell you the truth.

Elite-Four-Mark

I'm in the elite four now!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    I messed up mine with Missingno (that gamelink sideeffect should really be in bold print) so I'm going to buy two supercheap gbcs and copies of the originals and see if I can get the diploma this time.

Back