• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Anyone else have trouble choosing a...

ShAdowWAlker1

wishes i could make a cool sig
    Years
    starter? I for some reason can never choose between this gens starters! i will literaly spend hours or even days tryin to pick one, then after i start the game i stop and restart cuz i dont know if i made the right choice.

Every other gen has been fairly simple for me:
    1st = charmander no doubt unless i wanted to try someone else for a change
    2nd = totodile pretthy much always, unless again wanted to try the others for a bit
    3rd = Torchic or treeko always, rarely mudkip and i still nearly always went treeko
    4th = ??????????????? ahhhhhhhhhhhhh i cant choose!!!

so does anyone else have a poke pal road block when it comes to your starter in pearl/diamond/platinum?

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
    i choosed piplup.. but from the choice you made before you could go with chimchar.. piplup is a good choice too for the 1st badge and on..

Ace~Sasaki

I'm no match for you...
    Years
    Chimchar will screw u brains out in the first gyms but it is a good choice, all of them are great. Most ppl choose piplup I dont know why though.

MechaTrickster

Another person in the world
    Years
    I picked chimchar wen I first started diamond, went and caught a abra trained it, and the 1st gym was no prob. After that chimchar owns :D

Years
    Upon reaching the final form, Chimchar is probably the coolest looking out of all the three. I'd pick it for that reason alone.

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    I always choose the Fire starter. Chimchar is great for the first few gyms! Just evolve him and Mach Punch works great on Roark. :p

I chose Piplup once, but I got bored.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Am I the only one who chose Turtwig? I mean come on, Piplups cute, But how can you not choose turtwig when you look into it's small beady eyes?<3
    Your not the only one,Turtwig is my favorite 4th gen pokemon (and my favorite starter)
    I always pick him <3

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    I have to say, Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape is what I believe the second most overused pokemon ever created (besides Lucario). All the grass type starters generally suck by comparison, so I always go with water.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Go with Torterra cause its Under-Rated.You will always have fun with Under Rated pokes (and besides the Earth advantage is awesome)

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
    I think these starters are pretty well balanced in terms of type advantage @ gyms. That might be what makes it so hard to pick. I haven't tried turtwig yet, but I've only done two play-throughs. Next time I restart I'll definitely go turtwig.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Piplup ^^
    It can beat both of the other starters later one. Because of Ice Beam x3
    Accually all of the starters can do that

Infernape:Close Combat + Fire Move

Torterra:Earthquake (thats all it needs <3)

Empoleon:Ice beam + water move

But Empoleon is the only starter that needs to use a TM.The other 2 can learn it there's naturally

xXI JOE IXx

I always go for the one I can relate to more, I picked piplup because I used to watch alot of Pingu when I was little XD

Back