• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone else think that dark is an overpowered attack type?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGenius

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2010

See I knew it. You have no response to my arguments so you have to insult my grammar. How pathetic. I guess we can safely say I won this debate. Gengar is better than Rayquaza, and it's settled once and for all!

Because a Technitop w/Mach Punch is totally not a good dark type killer.

Dark Type attacks are resisted by fighting types, and fighting >> dark so its not that over powered. if you have problems with it, stop fighting Dark-Types with pokemon that are pursuit bait.

Also, speed >> attack.

If you have base 200 attack, but base 20 speed, its going to be a terrible 'mon.

Yeah you tell em :). See Panfisha, everyone's on my side, because you don't know what your talking about.

Last edited:

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I know that gengar isn't part psychic, which is more than you know. I'd sure feel ashamed if I worked for nintendo and my nephew thought gengar was part psychic.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    In order to stop you two from flaming this thread to death let me reply with this:

Mr. Genius, I'm not taking your side, I'm stating facts. Every fighting type counters dark types (duh). Dark types have their uses in trapping Psychic and Ghost types, and pursuiting fleeing pokemon as well as having generally strong stats in attack and speed. But they aren't broken. Lots of pokemon can counter them.

Also, Panfisha, let the Gengar being Ghost/Psychic thing go, nobody likes someone who makes useless flaming posts.

=/

Also, I never said that Gengar >> Rayquazza. It depends on the situation your in. I just said that an offensive pokemon can make up for a lack of attack in a speed stat.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
    Lol, now your just being dumb. Just because some of Rayquaza's stats are higher doesn't mean he's better. Gengar's speed is higher, and speed is very important to attackers like Gengar and Rayquaza. What does that tell you? Like I said, my uncle works for Nintendo, so I'm pretty sure I know a lot more about Pokemon than you do.

My uncle works for some company doing computer software stuff...and I don't know much about computer softwaring whatever.

My point is, just because you're uncle works for Nintendo doesn't mean you know more than the people here. Nintendo also has a lot of other games it makes and you uncle probably isn't on the designing team for the games they make. If you're willing to blow our minds away with your 'superior knowledge' then by all means do it. Tell us something we don't know.

Speed doesn't matter when there is a considerable difference in attack and defense. Sure Gengar would hit first, but Rayquaza would most likely survive it and with Gengar's defense and special defense being as low as it is, Rayquaza would finish it with 1 or 2 hits.

If you have base 200 attack, but base 20 speed, its going to be a terrible 'mon.

Likewise if you have a base attack of 20 and base speed of 200 you'll be like one measly little flea that won't leave someone alone.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    All this because you thought gengar was part psychic, and then tried to deny it after editing your posts? Whatever.

Anywho, I just realized that there is 1 dark type attack that is above 80. Payback has a base power of 50, but if you attack after your enemy, it doubles to 100.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Okay guys, this thread is completely pointless. It's become a "everybody VS the troll". I think it's better closed :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back