• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

anyone ever made money online?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    there's good potential money in web design, site ownership, etc. but what about on the internet itself? anyone ever made any money out of the online world? i know some surveys and whatnot offer you money if you complete them, some websites will pay you to submit other content to them, etc. but does anyone have any sort of experience with this stuff? what about online marketplaces like ebay and such?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I know a couple of people who run eBay based businesses - one buys out 'leftovers' from home sales and resells it all on eBay, the other buys collectibles and sells them on.

My bf has taken to buying/selling pokemon cards a bit. He's made over £150 now, although who knows how much he actually spent in the first place :P.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Ebay kinda sucks, with them taking out 10% of the sale... ick. Still, I've used it a few times on things I picked up ridiculously cheap and sold for a ridiculous amount. Like this sterling silver pen we found at a garage sale for 50 cents, and it was worth $100. Those are fabulous days.

Would you count in Etsy experiences? Because I have one of those.

My mom made an Etsy store a few months back - and while the store has quieted down a bit since then, it's been too hot here in the south to work in the shed to fill up the store pages - she made almost $400 within the first month. Just in 6 orders that each took no more than two days to finish, and with no real form of advertising. The only views that had even come in were from the tagged words in the site's search engine.
    It's a wood-craft store - parents used to do tree removal and my cousin works at a lumber mill, so we've always had a bunch of really nice cuts lying around that were either free or dirt cheap - and I'm still amused that her biggest hit was the "cat climbing shelves" I put up... As a joke. Thank goodness they were easy enough to make several times over, or else should would have been maaaaad... :P

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    It's not really cash in hand, but my friend won some stuff on one of those penny auction sites. It cost $30 to get started and then he won $200 worth of gift cards.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    Nope, I've never made money off of the internet before. However, I've always wanted to sell certain things online. I have an older TV that has nowhere to go, and no storage space to get it out of my room, so it's pretty much collecting dust at this point. I was thinking for a while to sell the TV, but I know I wouldn't get much off of it, but money is money. :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I turned to ebay because I refused to sell back my college textbooks to the bookstore, because they only pay you back less than half of what you actually paid for in the first place, and that really sucks. I placed a few books on sale, and within two days they got sold, and I got paid three days after I shipped them. I do this after every semester, and use that money to buy the books I need for this coming semester.

Back