• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone here read shojo manga?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djtyf0on

¯\(ºдಠ)/¯
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    I'll admit that it's a bad habit of mine. Sometimes I'd be all OMGPLOTYUSOPREDICTABLE D: but still enjoy it. Anybody feel the same way I do?

My guilty pleasures:
    LiarxLiar
    Hakushaku-sama wa Yokujou Suru
    Love so Life <<This is so redonkulusly cute! :3
    Daite Daite Daite Darling

You could probably tell that I enjoy teacher-student relationships. Yep, they're kinda cliche at times, but cute.

So, what shojo manga are you guy's reading/your opinion on the shojo genre in general?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I don't mind Shojo really, wouldn't even class it as a guilty pleasure genre. Off the top of my head I'm reading Kimi ni Todoke and Junai Labyrinth as well as watching Revolutionary Girl Utena and a number of Pretty Cure series.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Oh yeah, I read and watch shoujo. It's one of my favourite genres, actually. Sometimes it can be predictable, but I think the point is that, even though you know A will eventually lead to Z, you still want to see all the others letters along the way.

My favourites are Sailor Moon, Shugo Chara, Mermaid Melody, and Pretty Cure, all magical girl series. Outside of that sub-genre, I've been getting into Fushigi Yûgi, Vampire Knight, Fruits Basket, and Lovely Complex.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Yes, I do, in fact it's just about the only genre of manga I'll buy. I enjoy magical girl and romance genres the best. I prefer their pace to some of the more action oriented titles and genres. And I'm a sucker for cue art and sweet romance :)

Years
    I used to read more of it, but I don't read as much manga in general so I've had to pick and choose instead of reading absolutely everything I can get my hands on. I only want to read the good ones now so I stay away from the cliched stories if I can help it.

As for particular series, NANA is one I like a lot. I'm working through a series called Glass Mask, which is kind of like Skip Beat, but much better. These are the kinds of stories I like since they don't just jump into romance and never leave. :|

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
    Well, I'm a romance fan I'll admit. I've began to read Kimi Ni Todoke. Even though its a bit like all the other generic shoujo's out there, its pretty cute tbh..

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    I actually read Kimi no Todoke as well, and I reckon it's great. The artwork is a bit dodgy to say the least, but it's still a nice bit of fluff. I quite like Sailor Moon as well, though not so hot on Takeuchi's artwork.

Yeah, I guess I prefer shonen-style artwork, but I do like shojo's stories and themes?

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Cardcaptor Sakura is probably my favorite manga and anime series ever. I also read Yotsuba&!, not sure if you'd call that shoujo or not.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Somewhat of a guilty pleasure, although I prefer josei these days.

Kimi ni Todoke started off wonderfully, then I dropped it because it was getting too slow for me. >_<

Years
    I'm a sucker for a good romance , emphasis on good, even though I'm male :embarrass . Favorites include Fruits Basket, Emma and Beauty Pop. Used to read Shojo Beat until it adopted pastel colors for its pages, although I kept reading it for a year or so afterwards.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    In terms of reading probably not because I'm not reading manga that much which kinda piss me off :D
    But in terms of themes and anime that are made of those manga YES! :D
    I'm romantic fanatic and shoujo mangas are full of romance! :D
    So who wouldn't like them? :D

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I've read Lovely Complex, Special A and Aishteruze Baby and now I'm waiting for chapters of Skip Beat, Gakuen Alice, Kimi ni Todoke and Nichijou. I use to think of them as guilty pleasures as well until I found out that there are more guys reading shoujo manga than girls and all the girls I know are into shounen. By the way does anyone know any yonkoma(4-koma) shoujo manga?

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    I do enjoy Shojo manga, though I don't have any real favourites or ones that I devoutly follow. Typically, the plot is cliche and recycles of other shojo series before it, and I can only take it in small doses.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Note: Beginning of May to End of July is NOT 1 month.

/copies text
    /closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back