• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Anyone know where to get a copy of Fire Red in stores?

bearsfan092

Competitive Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Old game, I know, but I want to SR a few pokemon for competitive use. I've looked around online at stores (Best Buy, Target, Gamestop), but they don't appear to carry GBA games anymore. My family and I don't feel comfortable with Ebay or lesser known websites and prefer to buy things in store so long as there isn't a huge price difference.

So I guess my question is:
    1. Instore, did Gamestop stop carrying GBA games?
    2. If they still have them, how much would a copy of Fire Red go for?
    3. Anyone know any other stores to get a copy from?

Thanks for your help!

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Your best bet would be ebay, but as I have learned, do as ebay says when it comes to buying games, they say " do not buy from over sea countries, such as china and japan, cause they are known for pirating them.

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    Ooh. What a coincedence. I just bought a Fire Red used at Gamestop today. I'd say GS is your best bet.

~F e n i x ¥

º§º Ps¥ĉħі© Gym ™
    Years
  • Gamestop, it usually has a used copy there. Other places you could try game crazy, best buy, idk. or ebay i guess. it usually sells for around 15-20 $. Good luck!

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • Gamestop still has a few in my store. The price, however, is ridiculous. $30.... for a used game from 2004. Ugh. But, you can find one at Half.com (subsidiary of Ebay) for like 8 bucks used. Great deal.

heatman2477

think with your dipstick jimmy
    Years
  • Gamestop still has a few in my store. The price, however, is ridiculous. $30.... for a used game from 2004. Ugh. But, you can find one at Half.com (subsidiary of Ebay) for like 8 bucks used. Great deal.

ya at my local gamestop the advance generation games are $30 and they dont come with any protection like a box or anything, just the cartridge. but if thats your only way of aquiring the games and you don't mind paying that much than whatever right.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Game stop has used copies however they don't have boxes. In 2008 I got a brand new leaf green at Target because I was looking for emerald but couldn't find any Pokemon emerald.
    Okay about the Game stop part the only way to get GBA games is to buy a used one.
    They still sell used Pokemon Fire red I saw at Game stop myself.
    They even sell used Pokemon Silver!
    So bearsfan092 search for a used one not a new one they don't carry new ones anymore.

And Fire red is about 15.00 or 17.00 or 19.99 I'm not sure what the price is.
    I got my Leaf green at target back in 2008.

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
  • I got my copy at Gamestop, so I would try there. About a year ago they still had new copies of Emerald, so I would expect that they still have FireRed

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • Well Walmart has new copies still in the case and everything. The only bad thing is Walmart is pricy sometimes.

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    Gamestop should have it in used or new.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2009
    I hate gamestop. They have too many jacked up prices. Once their emeralds were $99.00 each.
    The target I use has plenty of them.

bearsfan092

Competitive Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Thanks for the help guys. I'll run by my Gamestop this weekend. My Target doesn't carry GBA games anymore, which is a shame, considering I've gotten some of my best gaming deals from their clearance isle.

Years
  • 1. Instore, did Gamestop stop carrying GBA games? Yes. Ever since the DS came out, the GameBoy games have been removed from all retail stores
    2. If they still have them, how much would a copy of Fire Red go for? In like a second-hand store, I'd say from $20 - $30.
    3. Anyone know any other stores to get a copy from? Probablty and second- hand video game store like Game City.

inhisxeyes

resident crazy.
    Years
  • I got my copy of FR at Target, but I was feeling lucky that day. It was also the last one in the store.
    But I'd go with Game Stop or Game Crazy or any other local gaming store that carries old/used games.

Back