• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone like more dual Mega evolutions?

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    I haven't visited these forums in a while, but with the release of Sun and Moon coming soon, I was wondering, would anyone like there to be more dual Mega evolutions?

Here is my wishlist for dual Megas:
    • Mega Ninetales Sun - Fire/Psychic
    • Mega Ninetales Moon - Fire/Ghost
    • Mega Arcanine Sun - Fire/Fairy
    • Mega Arcanine Moon - Fire/Dragon
    • Mega Marowak Sun - Ground/Fighting
    • Mega Marowak Moon - Ground/Ghost

What do you think?

Years
  • I don't think I see this happening. There's been no evidence of new Megas for this generation yet especially considering there's a rumored new mechanic that might replace Mega Evolution, or at least cause Megas to still exist but be more pushed aside.

Also, the 2 Megas thing only happened with Charizard and Mewtwo because they were the most popular Pokemon of all time. That's at least the excuse as to why they got 2 and other Megas only got one.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Here is another idea for a pair:
    • Mega Raichu Sun - Electric/Fighting
    • Mega Raichu Moon - Electric/Fairy

Raichu is the evolved form of the world's most popular Pok?mon (Pikachu), so perhaps it deserves a dual Mega evo.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I really wished they had more dual Megas. It makes competitive battles more interesting, for when you see a Charizard you have to guess which Mega it will use. such a shame they only did it for two pokemon so far.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • They should do two Megas again for certain Pok?mon. Maybe a grass type could get two one based on flowers of the day, and another on flowers of the night.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    The only dual Megas I'd want to see are a Mega Blastoise M and a Mega Venusaur S. Just so the starters will be on an even playing field.
    I picked Moon for Blastoise since the moon affects the tides of the ocean and Sun for Venusaur because, plant.

Also Venusaur's Mega is the most lack luster in my opinion. It deserves a second chance.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • Ninetales and Arcanine are on my wishlist too

As much I would love for this to happen, it's very unlikely for these Pok?mon to get dual-megas due to the fact that to dual megas we have are Charizard and Mewtwo, veryveryvery loved Pok?mon in the franchise. I could see greninja getting a dual-mega if this happens tho ;P

Years
  • This may not be even remotely likely. But it's fun to guess : )

The artificial Pokemon Porygon-2 was sent into space according to the Pokedex. And most of us Pokemon Veterans know what happened next....

Porygon-Z was born! Yes, the Pokemon that was in space! I could imagine this happening..

Mega Porygon-Z Sun
    Mega Porygon-Z Moon

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    They could very well do it since they've done it already, but who knows.

I would rather not see them do it though, I don't like playing the GuessZard game and don't wanna have to do it with more pokes =(

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Of my ideas I would probably say Raichu is the most likely, but still not likely overall.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Yo these are some nice ideas, especially for Ninetales! I love it! I think that would work really nice for Ninetales, to be honest.

I always wanted two Megas for Arceus--one to represent it as the creator and one to represent it as the judge. I'm still hoping...

Two Megas for Porygon-Z could be interesting, too. One where it gets even more corrupted, and one where its data gets fixed. It would be neat if the items were Mega Stones, but weren't called "Porygonzite." Maybe like... Suspicious Software and Anti-Virus Software, perhaps?

My thing about Pikachu (or Raichu, for that matter) getting a mega (or even dual-megas) is that if this were actually the case, why didn't GameFreak do this in the beginning as some huge promotional ad for X/Y or even ORAS for that matter? Seems like a much smarter move advertising your mascot or its evolution to try to gain some interest here and there.

Probably to save it as a huge promotional ad for S/M, the 20th anniversary games.

Back