• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Anyone want to go through the games with just new Pokémon?

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
  • That's usually what I do for initial playthrough of a new gen game. Aside from Rolycoly though, I'm not too enamored with any of the new pokemon so far. Waiting to see what the starters final forms are as well.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • I always do that when a new game comes out. Though if they don't reveal all of the new Pokemon, I may focus on just using the ones that were never shown since I like the surprise factor.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I honestly can't imagine too many people not using the new Pokémon in each generation that comes out! Seems like it would be a lot of hard work to avoid them all, ya know? lol

As for myself, you bet I'm going to use each and every one! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I always try to do a whole playthrough with only new Pokemon, and then if I replay I'll go for older gens too!

But I like raising new Pokemon in each gen, it's fun to see all their moves and stats, and evo lines, etc.

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
    Years
  • I've never quite understood the people who want t catch old pokemon on their first play through in the new region, I've always focused pretty exclusively on getting new Pokemon. When Sun and Moon came out, I nuzlocked it for myself for my first (and come to think of it, only) playthrough of the game, but made the rule that I'd only do new and alola form pokemon, and ignore all the others. I'm HOPING (fingers crossed) to experience Sword or Shield for the first time as a Nuzlocke let's play with my wife, though, so.. I don't know if I should keep that "only new pokemon" rule in a format like that. On the one hand, it might feel a little bit cheap to me, on the other hand, I WANT to use the new Pokes more than anything else.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I might, but if some of my old favorites are in the games, I'll probably use old Pokémon, too!

It really depends on if I like the new Pokémon or not, ngl.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2022
    That works until a lvl 4 Pidgey appears, then I remember how slick Pigeot looks lol......

I tried that, but could never do it.

Back