• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Apparently new members of the Cast (JAPANESE SPOILERS)

Who does Swinub Belong to?

• Dawn

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Brock

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • No one it's either a movie charecter's or its a wild pokemon.

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

Jim

Dinner
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    I haven't watched the anime since Johto, but didn't they recently re-use a plot involving three Swinub? *checks Bulbapedia* not to mention that they're Dawn's friend's Swinub, so it seems likely.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2017
    I haven't watched the anime since Johto, but didn't they recently re-use a plot involving three Swinub? *checks Bulbapedia* not to mention that they're Dawn's friend's Swinub, so it seems likely.

I'm going to have to agreee. This little bit of information basically confirms that if anyone gets a Swinub, it'll be Dawn. Yumomi had three, so the capture will probably be a little nod to her on Dawn's part. Sort of like how Kenny has a Prinplup.

That said, if Dawn does get Swinub, we'll probably be seeing Yumomi in future episodes, which is kind of cool. Not to mention Dawn might actually get (and keep, hopefully) her first powerhouse if Swinub evolves into Piloswine, or even further, Mamoswine.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • So what that means both Gliscor and Staravia were traded? I mean you can't use that arguement because look at where they placed the fliers. Though I do agree it has to be Dawn's. Yumomi's was an allusion to it in my opinion.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    That'll make Swinub the fourth Generation II Pokémon owned by a main character in the DP arc. [After Aipom, Sudowoodo and Gligar.] All of these four Pokémon have relatives in Generation IV. Aipom has already evolved, Gligar will evolve and Sudowoodo evolved from a forth gen Pokémon and cannot evolve again. So that probably means there will be a Mamoswine joining the cast before long.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • That'll make Swinub the fourth Generation II Pokémon owned by a main character in the DP arc. [After Aipom, Sudowoodo and Gligar.] All of these four Pokémon have relatives in Generation IV. Aipom has already evolved, Gligar will evolve and Sudowoodo evolved from a forth gen Pokémon and cannot evolve again. So that probably means there will be a Mamoswine joining the cast before long.
    Difference is those were all stage ones (meaning they only have 1 evo), Swinub is a stage 2, so it will be a while unless it only spends a couple episodes as a Swinub and a couple as a Piloswine.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • Well as much as I love Brock to get such a coolies pokemon a strong side of me is saying that it belongs to Dawn. I mean with one of her friends having one I think something will happen where she will get one too. Also Dawn kinda does need a strong pokemon on her team so really this is something that could become that strong or powerhouse pokemon which is coolies since it kinda just not much on Dawn right now except cute pokemon which is okies but not very diverse.

Still knowing that the main reason why a Swinub was added just because it can fully evolve means that we have a LONG way till the end of Sinnoh.

Also notice how Staravia is kinda in the background and kinda hard to see? Su. Poor poor Staravia. Su!!!

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years

Still knowing that the main reason why a Swinub was added just because it can fully evolve means that we have a LONG way till the end of Sinnoh.

quote]
    Not necesarilly I mean they've showcased Piloswine before so they may just make it really quickly to Mamoswine though I do agree it will probaly be long, let's just hope it doesn't become Johto.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • Gligar evolved. Heh. I knew it was coming, but I certainly didn't expect it to come before the movie, in any case. Well, I wonder if Gliscor will know any of the elemental Fangs? It could be a useful attack against some Gym Leaders. The best scenario would be if it could use all of the elemental Fangs.

anng12

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2008
    swinub= dawn
    i think swinub is dawn's cause
    it's more her type

pikapikapowerboy14

Expert Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2012
    I figured Gligar's purpose was to evolve. It's the same as Snorunt or Donphan, his sixth is always a pokemon that is seemingly intimidating.
    except for squirtle which was his sixth pokemon, he was cut and not intimidating

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Yeah, but are your trying to say that he is going to get it because that what happened with Zubat and Crobat.

Back