• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arcanine or Houndoom?

BigIce17

Ulimate Trainer
Years
  • Well basically in terms of looks, size and attack styles. You choose. =)

Arcanine or Houndoom?

Arcanine or Houndoom?

Last edited:

LightSlei

ExtremelyHyperNerdTestGam erGuy
    Years
  • Houndour is the pre-evolved form of Houndoom and my favorite so it wins there. Considering it's move variety being better then Arcanines it'd probably win fight wise.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I agree with Audy. What's up with the terrible picture comparison? Great fanart of Houndoom > original Sugimori art for Arcanine.

Anyway, I like both, but Arcanine is getting my vote.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Design wise, Arcanine is better in my opinion.

Competitive wise, Arcanine still wins majority of the time. 40% of Arcanine run Choice Band, that means Arcanine will have ExtremeSpeed. Since nobody uses HP or Def EVs (unless it is the 40 HP one). ExtremeSpeed deals 75.95% - 89.69% to no HP / Def Houndoom, so after SR, it OHKOs (the 40 HP one has a 90% chance of OHKOing). Life Orb set has a 20% chance of OHKOing as well after SR damage. Then, there is the wall Arcanine variant, it does carry Hidden Power Ground that 2HKOs, but Houndoom also 2HKOs. So, Houndoom would win due to higher Speed.

Yeah... :x

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • As much as I'd love to vote for Houndoom's typing and that epic awesome fanart, Arcanine wins statistically, having a much higher BST than Houndoom.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I like both! Probs because Houndoom looks like a Hellhound from the Underworld like Hades' Cerberus except for the fact that Houndoom has only a single head and Arcanine looks epicly awesome an beautiful and for the fact that I would actually want to have it as a pet ^^

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • It really depends on whther you fancy bengal tigers, or dobermans lol. I personally think Arcanine is old school cool. Houndoom is cool 2. Why is everyone saying Houndoom would automatically win because it has a bigger movepool to work with? Isnt Arcanine sitting at like a 555 base in DPP? I think he might be able to at least give Houndoom a run for his money.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I love both of those Pokemon, but I have to say Arcanine wins. Probably I liked him a long while before Houndoom came around.. Arcanine is still high on my favorites list, soo yeah. I'd say it gets my vote.

Neo-Wolf

I am back!
    Years
  • Arecanine for me .
    Looks -
    Arecanine as Houndoom is too thin .
    Stats-
    Arecanine obviously .
    Attack Style-
    Arecanine . It can Take Down Houndoom .. Poor thin Houndoom would be sent flying .

Back