• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arcanine or Houndoom?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I've always LOVED Houndour and it's one of my favourite Pokémon whereas I've never particularly liked Growlithe much. However that flips for their evolutions. XD; I've never liked Houndoom as much (which sucks because it means I have to either train a lesser Houndour or evolve the poor thing ;;). I used to be really indifferent to Arcanine but since I've become such good friends with the member named that here, it's given me a great bias to it.

So Arcanine.

(And hooray, you changed the picture of Arcanine in the first post. XDD;)

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Houndoom would've won if he was available in johto at the time, but he isn't. That's a shame because his great special attack and speed could really give Will a run for his money. However, his paper thin defense and HP stats don't help much, especially against thick fat Hariyama. I wish I could call it a tie, but extremespeed is a move that can't be ignored, even with shallow movepool pokemon like Arcanine.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I kinda like both. Fire is my favourite type afterall.

Velvex the Øverlørd

The Apparition
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2013
    Wow I was just thinking about switching out my Arcanine in my party for my Houndoom. I decided I would try it out, so I'll tell you which one I like more.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Aracanine, you fools!
    I should slaughter and kill all of you who chose houndoom!
    hahaha! ('Evil laugh')
    XD

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    Arcanine. Houndoom is too skinny and Arcanine is all fluffy ^.^

Plus I like Growlithe better than Houndoom's preevolved form [Can't remember the name... xD]

Z0MGCODY

The Enigma
    Years
    well fire is my favorite type so they both get a point there,
    -Looks-
    Arcanine is awesome!! He looks like a tiger crossed with a lion [despite being named ar-CANINE]
    Houndoom is cool because he has horns but is too scrawny!

-Stats-
    Arcanine is at an obvious advantage with power but apparently lacks the speed of Houndoom?

And to top it all up, I have always loved Growlithe and Arcanine isn't far off so...
    Arcanine wins :D

Back