• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arcanum IC

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
    Lynn Colthearts - Mission 3

Near the foot of a pond by the farm, a water-mouse pokemon swiftly swam through the clear water, and leaped up from it, now bringing itself on the surface. The water mouse pokemon then happily stretched its body, looking straight up in the dark sky.

"Marill! Mar!" (Right! Your are happily asleep, Mr. Cloud!) The water pokemon asked as it skipped happily throughout the bushes, as it made itself to Rachel's and Max's farm flowerbed. It then sat down near a single flower, as it calmly closed her eyes, and slowly take a whiff of the scent coming from them. She then exhaled from delight, and surveyed the flowerbed. She always loved to come here; it was sort of an avion -- a sanctuary for her whenever she became stressed, or upset.

"Marill..." (Whoever planted these flowers must be thanks eventually...) The aqua mouse known as Marill mumbled.

Meanwhile, Lynn calmly and quietly observed the pet Houndoom in a spare room as the pokemon was deeply sound asleep, obviously from the sounds of deep snoring. Her Flareon and Pansage sat a few feet behind her, pondering whether or not they should draw a mustache on the Houndoom as it slept, or simply burn it to an oblivion. Lynn softly sighed as she crossed her arms, only to be greeted by Rachel as she soon came in the room as well, and stood beside Lynn, peering at Houndoom.

"That's him..." Rachel explained from the sounds of snoring. "He... he likes to conserve his energy, y'know?" Lynn turned to Rachel.

"That was certainly not the impression that I had here," Lynn said. "So um... what does Houndoom do besides sleeping?"

"Well, he eats," Rachel explained. "And um... yeah. That's about it." Lynn sighed once more.

"We've got our hands full for the next hour or so, don't we..." Lynn realized. "Well, come on, we might as well start by waking him up."

"Flare," (He has quite an annoying snore attack,) Flareon whispered upon Lynn and Rachel coming up towards Houndoom, and slowly moved Houndoom around to try and wake it from its slumber. Houndoom then soon slowly opened its right eye, and yawned loudly as it stood on its four black, long legs to stretch his body. Then, it laid down again, but this time, it was quietly yet carefully eying Rachel and Lynn.

"Come on Houndoom, rise and shine," Lynn inquired to the uninterested Houndoom, however, he didn't budge from its resting spot. Rachel glanced at Lynn. Say something...? she whispered to Rachel. Rachel scratched her head.

"Uh, Houndoom, wanna do some excersizin'?" Rachel asked, only to get a yawned response from her Houndoom. Rachel then sighed. "Pretty-Pleaseeeeee?" she then begged, but Houndoom still had no response. Lynn then became distraught.

"LISTEN MISTER, IF YOU DON'T GET UP RIGHT NOW, THE CHICKOREE SPIRIT WILL GIVE YOU THE LAZY CURSE," Lynn warned. Houndoom blinked at her. "The king of Demons will rise up from the shadows of Nephilhim, and, every time you sleep, he will stick his finger up your nose, every. Single. Day."

"Sage..." (Surely he's not going to fall for that...) Pansage commented, but only to be proven slightly wrong as Houndoom yawned vigorously once again, and jumped off the bed, standing on its legs and slightly wagging its tail.

"Heh, I knew that would work," Lynn smirked. "The Chickoree lazy curse works every time, after all."

Whatever. He was just bored of being in bed I suppose. Rachel thought. "Come on then Houndoom, time for a excersize'."

"Doooooooom... Doom," (yawwwwwwwwn... work,) Houndoom yawned.

"So um... Lynn, what are you suggestion we do now?" Rachel asked, as they group were now outside the farm, on a open plain where there was plenty of space to run around in if someone were to play. This location to be in was suggested by Lynn, when they managed to wake up Rachel's lazy pokemon. Houndoom was once again laying down, despite being on the cold ground.

"The only way to get Houndoom in shape is simple," Lynn started. "We have a pokemon battle with it. If he gets motivated enough, he'll start to be active and try to strike down the enemy with its powerful fire attacks. Soon enough, the spirits will be on his side when he brings down that intruder Marill."

"Sounds... good to me," Rachel said hesitantly. "Though I ain't been to much battles with Houndoom here. Also, who will be Houndoom's opponent?"

"Why, dear Pansage of course!" Lynn smiled, as Pansage then cringed.

"Sage..." (Why am I always the one battling the fire type pokemon...) Pansage whined.

"Flareon," (Because its funny whenever you get burned,) Flareon sadistically replied.

"Well Pansage, are you ready?" Lynn asked. "If your worried, the fire spirit will shield you from any burns."

"...Pansage," (...Its always the 'fire spirit's protection' with her,) Pansage mumbled as it waddled forward in front of Lynn, facing the sleeping Houndoom. Lynn smiled as she then nodded to Rachel, signalling her to have her take the other side of the plain in order to command Houndoom during the upcoming battle.

"You make the first move," Lynn offered. As Rachel nodded in agreement. Lynn clutched her fists, and sweated a little, anxious to the thought that whenever or not her plan were to work.

"Houndoom, use yer' Ember attack!" Rachel ordered, but, her order was ignored. Houndoom was still asleep on the ground. Rachel grunted as Lynn crossed her arms and turned to her Pansage.

"Can you think of a way to motivate him to attack?" Lynn asked him.

"Pansage?" (But what can I do?) Pansage pondered.

"Eon, Flareon!" (Psst, make fun of his horns!) Flareon suggested.

"Sage?" (What?)

"Eon! Flare: EonEonEonEonEon, Flareon, Flare." (Do it! Say: hahahahaha, your horns look stupid.) Pansage then gulped as that might surely cause him to get scorched. But, he had to try.

"Sage... Pansage!" (Uh... Hey Houndoom!) Pansage called out, causing Houndoom to slowly awaken, opening his right eye. Houndoom carefully looked at Pansage, but seemed to be uninterested in him for the time. "Sage... PanPanPanPanPan, Pansage, Sage," (Um... hahahahaha, your horns look stupid,) Pansage then insulted, as Houndoom by his remark, opened both of his eyes and stood back up.

"Doom?" (What is that supposed to mean?) Houndoom asked upon standing up, as Lynn and Rachel smiled.

"Heck, whatever your Pansage said, it sure is workin'!" Rachel smiled.

"Keep at it, Pansage!" Lynn cheered. Pansage sweated as Houndoom was still having his eyes fixated at him. Pansage then gulped as it wasn't sure what to say next. Flareon chuckled.

"Flare, Flareon, Eon: Flareon," (Psst, now say: They look like two Weedles,) Flareon whispered.

'Sage... Pansage," (They... look like two Weddles,) Pansage repeated to Houndoom.

"Flareon!" (And Weedles are stupid!)

"...Pansage." (...and Weedles are stupid.)

"Hound, Houndoom," (Sir, I'll have you know that I love Weedles and what you are saying is not very nice,) Houndoom pointed out causing Pansage to sweat further more bullets.

"Flare!" (Neither is that stupid tail of yours!) Flareon quietly instructed.

"...Sage," (...Neither is that stupid tail of yours,) Pansage repeated.

"Doom!" (Sir you are pushing it!) Houndoom warned, almost making a battle-ready stance.

"Flare, Flareon," (Don't worry, I think you are handsome,) Flareon continued.

"Sage, Pansage," (...Don't worry, I think you are handsome,) Pansage openly repeated.

"Houndoom? Doom, Houndoom!" (You think so? Aw, I'm glad to hear you say that!) Houndoom flatteringly said, wagging his tail.

"Flareon, EonEonEonEonEon, Flareon, Eon!" (Tell him, hahahahaha, just kidding about the handsome thing, you're as ugly as a Feebas!) Flareon whispered.

"Sage, Pansage!" (Oh come on, that meant a lot to him!) Pansage whispered back, trying to convince Flareon otherwise.

"Flareon!" (Just do it!)

Pansage turned back to Houndoom. "Sage... PanPanPanPanPan, Pansage, Sage," (Um... hahahahaha, just kidding about the handsome thing, you're as ugly as a Feebas,) Pansage said, as Houndoom stopped wagging his tail to put on a more serious, battle ready face.

"Houndoom! Hound, Houndoom!" (That does it! Sir, I challenge you to a duel of honor!) Houndoom declared, now in an official battle stance.

"Looks like Houndoom is finally ready to go," Lynn cheered. "You did it, Pansage!" Flareon meanwhile, chuckled softly as Pansage annoyingly glanced back at him. Flareon cheekily chuckled at Pansage.

"Pansage..." (I'm going to kill you for this later...) Pansage whispered, as he turned back to the battlefield.

"Alllright, Houndoom!" Rachel started once more. "Use yer' Ember attack!" she then ordered, as her Houndoom then released small flames from its mouth, hurling them all towards Pansage. Pansage had no choice but to jump out of the way, as there was little room to dodge while running. It did cartwheels all over the field, bouncing all over the place, while Houndoom kept using its Ember attack. Soon, Pansage and Houndoom were both tired from this repeated motion, in which they both started to pant for their breaths. However, Pansage was in a bit of a disadvantage, since there was still a threat that he'll get burned by Houndoom's other fire attacks.

"Take a break now, Pansage," Lynn offered, as Pansage sighed of relif and quickly waddled a few feet behind Lynn. Pansage then glared at Flareon as Flareon replied by sticking out its tongue. "Flareon, your up now!" Lynn then said as Flareon nodded and leaped his way to the battle field, facing Rachel's Houndoom. "This time, we'll fight fire with fire; it'll be great training for Houndoom, and for Flareon!" Lynn inquired, as Rachel nodded.

"Eon, Flareon!" (You know, you are a real disgrace to fire pokemon!) Flareon barked. "Eon, Flare; Flare, Flareon!" (Laying around all day, with your big ol' horns and all; who do you think you are, a pokemon that can BURN things better than me?!)

"Doom, Houndoom!" (Well, only one way to see!) Houndoom replied, as Flareon and Houndoom were both ready to battle.

"Flareon, Flamethrower!" Lynn ordered.

"Houndoom, use Flamethrower too!" Rachel said, doing the same.

Flareon and Houndoom both took a deep breath, then they both simultaneously released their own signature fire attacks; colliding the two extremely hot temperatures head on. Then, as the two pokemon stopped their fire attacks, knowing that the attacks were equal in strength, Flareon started to run, performing a quick attack, as Houndoom leaped out of the way, and tried to retaliate with a Crunch move. However, Flareon was quick enough to use a sand-attack, in which Houndoom couldn't see well enough that gave Flareon an ample time to run out of the way. Meanwhile Lynn clutched her fist as a way on showing that while she was glad that Houndoom was up and about, she still wanted Flareon to win against him.

"Come on..." Lynn whispered as the two pokemon continued to battle.

The Marill at the flowerbed then heard a collection of noises coming from cries of pokemon. She became concerned, so she stopped smelling the flowers and waddled her way towards the back of the farm barn, where she found out the source of the pokemon cries: a Flareon, and a Houndoom, seeming to be attacking each other. Marill couldn't really grasp what was going on, as she then look up to see two humans, and a Pansage, by their sides. Marill crept from the side of the barn, and watched the pokemon battle carefully.

Houndoom managed to headbutt Flareon, causing Flareon to drag across the dirt. It shook its head regaining its composure. Houndoom then released a Flamethrower, where Flareon had no choice but to leap out of the way before performing a Flamethrower of its own. Houndoom had no time to recover after using it's Flamethrower, as it was hit on its left side by Flareon's fire attack. However, it was pretty ineffective, as Houndoom was able to recover quickly.

"Flare!" (You're mine!) Flareon declared, running as fast as it can as it soon rammed against Houndoom's head with its Quick Attack, causing Houndoom to collapse on the ground. Rachel was worried, so she started running towards her fallen Houndoom.

"Houndoom..." she whispered, as Houndoom was slowly able to come back up from Rachel's voice. Houndoom then had a glance at Rachel, as Rachel sighed of relif and gave Houndoom a hug. Houndoom was grateful enough to give Rachel back a lick on her cheek. Lynn meanwhile, rewarded her Flareon by petting him, for a well fought battle won. Then, she turned to Rachel.

"...You really love Houndoom don't you," Lynn smiled, as Rachel turned to her. "The spirits helped me sense it."

"Well, I raised him from when he was a young Houndour after all," Rachel explained, still holding on to her Houndoom. "See, my ma and my pa helped me catch him when I was just a little gal. Ma and Pa also helped me raise this Houndoom as well; telling me what he should eat, what he should do for exercise, and so on. Even when we all played together, ma, pa, Houndoom and I would always be together as a family. But, soon ma died of illness, and... I suppose that took a hard toll on pa and myself, and Houndoom wasn't the same since. I... I hated my pa for trying to get rid of Houndoom, and I never understood why he always tried to, after he knew how much Houndoom meant to me -- "

"I never understood it myself," came a voice from the back porch of the house. It was Max; Rachel's father, coming from the house, and slowly walking to the field with his arms on his pockets. He turned to Rachel with a saddened look on his face. Rachel and Houndoom exchanged glances, then looked back to Max. "I'm sorry Rachel," he apologized. "I've always loved your mother too much, and Houndoom reminded me her. Ever since she died, I suppose a part of me also died -- the part of me that held good reason. I blamed Houndoom for every miserable part that had a play in our lives, and I always wanted him gone as a result. I also did that without recognizing yours-- or Houndoom's feelings. I'm...sorry Rachel. And I'm sorry... Houndoom."

Houndoom then stood up from Rachel's hold, then made his way over towards Max. He then calmly looked up at him, with a prideful look on his face.

"Doom," (I forgive you,) he said, as he offered Max the chance to pet him by lowering his head slightly. Rachel gave Max an open smile as Max then stooped down, and petted him, as she gave a warm smile of his own.

"I'm glad this is all settled," Lynn said, as she then noticed that Pansage was tugging on her dress.

"Sage," (Over there,) Pansage pointed out, trying to show Lynn the Marill that was observed the battle. Lynn stared at the Marill, then turned back at Max and blinked.

"That's the pokemon that you've been concerned about?" Lynn asked, not taking an annoyance. "Its an adorable little thing...!"

"DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH SLEEPLESS NIGHT I'VE HAD TRYING TO CATCH HER?!" Max grunted. "SOMETIMES I EVEN FORGET TO SAVE MY PROGRESS."

Looks like the 'X button' doesn't really like him after all... Lynn thought. "Hey, why don't I catch her for you? I'm assuming Houndoom needs to rest after battling with Flareon." she then turned to her Pansage. "Ready to begin?"

"Pansage? Sage..." (I'm battling AGAIN? I sure hope I'm getting paid in bananas for this...) Pansage then hoped his way near where the Marill was, his eyes stared intensively towards it. However, Marill had a 'lost and ditzy look' back at it.

"Mar?" (Is this a staring contest?) Marill asked. "Ill..." (I always forget to not to blink...)

"Pan, Sage," (Sorry, not today,) Pansage replied. "Sage!" (But prepare yourself for this!) Pansage then released a Vine Whip, which the vine slapped against Marill's face, causing Marill to tumble over. It then slowly got back up, and wiped its cheek, soothing the pain. Its eyes then started to well up with tears, which made Pansage regret what its done without any warning. He mumbled a soft apology to the Marill, as Marill, without thinking, retaliated with a Tackle, hitting Pansage and knocking it back a few feet.

"Pansage, try a Scratch attack back!" Lynn suggested, as Pansage got back up, and shook his head, regaining composure. It then leaped in the air, and got out its sharpened claws, rearing to scratch Marill. Marill meanwhile, curled up into a small round ball, and stood there, standing its ground. Pansage managed to scratch the Marill, but, it was ineffective as Marill uncurled itself, barely feeling the effects of the scratch.

That was... defense curl, a move that raises defense... I think, Lynn thought. This Marill is pretty tough... I'll have to let Pansage attack it when it lowers its guard, somehow. Marill then quickly shot out a jet of water from its mouth towards Pansage, as Pansage shielded itself by putting its arms in front of it. That was Water Gun...! Lynn now thought, as she know knew that this Marill had a variety of different, and useful moves.

"Flare... Eon. Flareon." (Water... I HATE water. It is the opposite of BURN.)

"Marill!" (This is for trying to harm Mr. Cloud!) Marill declared, as it hoped and skipped towards the staggered Pansage, wanting to finish it off with a Tackle attack. However, it was then stopped by Flareon, as Flareon countered Marill's Tackle with a sudden Quick Attack, causing Marill to fall on its back on the ground. Pansage unshielded himself, only to find that he was saved by Flareon.

"Flare," (I had to repay you from the battle at Lynn's house after-all,) Flareon nodded.

"...Sage," (...Well, we'll call ourselves even then,) Pansage said.

"Pansage, Vine Whip!" Lynn quickly called out, as Pansage nodded and released its vines from its undersides. Then, using the vines, it wrapped Marill's waste and held it in the air, then, it quickly dropped the Marill straight towards the ground, hard. The Marill then fainted upon the impact.

"Pokeball, let's capture it!" Lynn stated, grabbing one of her empty pokeballs from her pocket, and with it, she threw it at the fainted Marill. The pokeball opened, and sucked Marill inside with its indescribable energy, which it then sat on the ground.

The pokeball wobbled one.
    Then twice.
    Then three times.
    Then a fourth time... then 'PING!' The pokeball stopped wobbling, signalling the successful capture of the wild Marill. Lynn walked over to the motionless pokeball, as she reached over to pick it up, and wipe the dust off of it.

"Well done, Lynn!" Man complimented. "You are most definitely a fine trainer."

"Glad I can be of assistance," Lynn smiled, upon putting her newly captured Marill's pokeball in her pocket. She then turned to Rachel. "Sorry I kinda... stolen Houndoom's thunder."

"Think nothing of it," Rachel replied. "After all, you've helped us be a family once again. Thank you... Lynn."

"I'm sure your mother from the abyss will smile upon you three today," Lynn stated. "You see, as a medium, my responsibility is to communicate and confirm the peaceful nature of the dead. Sometime, I will communicate with your mother, and someday, I will bring you word that she will continue to smile... forever."

"I think we'll like that," Max smiled, as Rachel gave another hug to her Houndoom. "By the way," Max continued. "You should probably save your progress. Go on now, press the X button and save." Lynn cringed.

"Sage," (This outta be interesting...) Pansage chuckled.

((and that's the end of Mission 3. Whew, I promise to have more spirits and curses in the next mission. xD))

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @ The warden - Nice post! I really like how you described the market and the cities of the east, it was right on mark. And nice cue to go find Ahougha Tai.

Azura (Glaceon) grew to lvl 16!
    Azura learned
    Icy Wind!

--
    @ Swan - Good post! You really can make Arcanum come alive.

--
    @ Miss Doronjo - Good post, but you can't just catch the pokémon in the same post as you battle it :x standard in these RPs is that you wait for the GM to approve the capture. You know that :p anyways, it was a good post and battle, so I will surely let you have it. Just, don't do that next time :p

Flareon grew to lvl 14!

Pansage grew to lvl 15!
    Pansage learned
    Fury Swipes!

Lynn captured a Marill! (female lvl 9)

Last edited:

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    It had been an eventful few days, and Dane was loving every single bit of it. He caught his first pokemon, battled his mother, saved a marill from an abusive trainer, met a cute girl. The best part of the last few days though was the sheer thrill of adventuring. He was finally traveling and getting to see the world, it was something he had always wanted to do. He finally found himself on the footsteps of the first city he had been to besides Januvale.

"Feborough Town" Dane whispered to himself as he stood there looking into the city scape. It was rather small, and at the moment very quiet since it was almost midnight. He walked through the quiet streets taking in the sites, it was a rare thing to be able to see a market place so subtle, and peaceful. Finally he came up to the Pokemon Center, and he decided it would be best to get his pokemon and himself some rest. As he entered he looked around hoping to maybe see Lanhua but that was doubtful, a part of him knew he would not be seeing her for a good while.

"Welcome to the Feborough Pokemon Center, how may I help you" the nurse said putting a pleasant smile on her face.

"Ah yes, my name is Dane Leon" He said unclipping his three pokeballs from his belt. "I was wondering if you could heal my pokemon for the night and if I could perhaps get a room"

"Why of course, let me just take these I will be right back" she said again smiling peacefully before taking his pokemon to a back room.

Dane looked around and saw that there were a few other trainers hanging around the place, some where sitting in the chairs, while others were talking to each other and showing off their pokemon.

"Ahem, here you go dear your room is right down the hall third door on the left" she said handing him a room key.

"Thank you very much, I will pick up my pokemon in the morning" Dane replied as he walked back to his room and entered it slowly.

The room was kind of bland with not much decoration but it did have a bed and that was all he really needed. As he lay his head down on the pillow his eyes began to draw heavier.

"I didn't real... realize how tired I wa... was" he said yawning and stretching his arms before falling asleep.

"Dane" a strange voice rang from the darkness as his eyes shot open.

"Whose there?" he asked searching the area quickly before realizing he was in complete darkness.

"Be careful on your journey, many things await you... trust no one" the voice said again as Dane felt around the bed before his whole body began to plummet, and fast. He was falling into emptiness.

"Ahhh" he awoke screaming as he reopened his eyes he saw the sun shinning through his room window and quickly realized it was just a dream and nothing else. "That voice sounded so familiar... and real" he thought to himself as he through on his shirt and laced up his shoes.

"Trust no one?" Dane thought to himself before racing out the door and heading back to the front desk to get his pokemon. "Anyways it's time to explore Feborough Town during the day"

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @ Sacred Beo - Nice transition post :) I'll post here in case you want to post again soon and nobody else does, to avoid double posting ;)

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    "A knife is a more merciful weapon than a word. A cut can be healed; a word is never forgotten."

Ethan returned Azea with an expressionless glance. He shook his head slightly at the Pokemon, all of which had eaten earlier. He scratched at the mechanical ear, heading toward the path again with a mixture of exhaustion and a severe desire to get farther away from home, if it was home. The sun was pretty high in the sky by now which meant there was likely a small panic occurring back home.

Oh well. It wasn't his concern anymore. He was headed to Feborough Town now... and that was where his fiancee was. Ethan idly pondered her reaction to the news. She'd probably be pleased. She wouldn't have to marry him. He couldn't blame her for that. Neither of them was particularly interested in anything beyond a cordial sibling pair. As far as he knew she was being courted in secret by another man. And as for he himself... well it was best to keep such things quiet.

Regardless he looked forward to seeing Maya, speaking with her on various topics that neither of them grasped but both enjoyed pondering over. Blackie pawed his leg and he turned his gaze north to see the sun was setting. Ethan found himself yawning a little. He didn't realize his travels had carried him so far... And he had already been tired as well...

Blackie growled something at him, trotting off in the darkness. Ethan sighed. He supposed he couldn't be surprised. Following the flickering blue rings, Ethan found himself standing outside a yard. A few children ran after one another and a swirling black and white ball, giggling shrilly and happily. The ball bounced over to Ethan's foot and he silently kicked it back. Blackie barked at him and Ethan quietly went after the odd Pokemon. Just where were they going anyhow? This seemed like a convoluted path to the city. Ah well... he had a horrible sense of direction sometimes.

"Hey Mister!" One of the kids ran up, clutching the soccer ball. "Are you going to Feborough Town?" Ethan paused and looked down at the male, who couldn't have been more than nine. He nodded slowly. "Well, it's getting dark. You shouldn't go outside when it does."

"Why is that?" Ethan inquired coolly.

The boy's eyes widened, as if he couldn't believe his warning could be questioned. "You mean you don't know Mister? There's this weirdo kid wandering around here! He attacks people with his Electrike all the time. I saw him yesterday coming from Januvale." The boy shuddered. "He said he found a new team member, this fox or something with grey and blue fur."

"Was it a Zorua?" Ethan asked sharply, causing the kid to shrug.

"That coulda been it I dunno. It weren't movin' though..."

Ethan scowled at the air. Could that have been Tono? Wonderful. No wonder he hadn't been able to find the fox yesterday. Kumiho winced and put a hand to his head. Why did he have to choose now to get a headache? "Which direction did this boy go?"

The boy looked puzzled. "He's headed to Feborough Town. You shouldn't go after him, he may attack you."

"Sounds like an issue I'll have to face when it comes up then," Ethan commented. "Thank you." The gratitude was neither forced nor genuine and the boy could only stare as Ethan vanished.

The child frowned and went to head back to his friends. "I wonder what was up with his ears."

Blackie barked at Ethan irritably and growled. Where were they going? Were they actually going after that crazy person? Really? Seriously, what the crap? Why were they doing this? And why did his human... look... angry? Oh sweet Reshiram this could be violent. Shaking his black head he sniffed the air curiously, wondering what scent he was looking for. That kid said something about... Electrike? Electric? Maybe they smelled like burning. Oh wait that was Sear. Hmm... it probably smelled really weird either way. The guy was called crazy so maybe he smelled bad too. Wait... they probably smelled like that room of council people. Ew.

Yeah he could totally smell that now that he started thinking about it. Blackie tore off in one direction. Urgh it was awful. Like garbage man. Ethan smirked. Well they had some trail, a trail that led to the outskirts of Feborough. In a small hut the windows were lit and Ethan stopped, fingering Azea's Pokeball. "Blackie," the boy uttered. "Get ready." He put the Pokeball to his lips and then lowered it knocking on the door.

It was answered by a surly looking male, scruffy down to his unpolished black shoes and unkempt clothing. He scratched lazily at his brown hair and drawled. "Whaddaya want kid?" he asked in a voice that reeked of disdain and possibly cigarettes. "It's nighttime, ya know adult time? You want a battle get here tomorrow. M' son's sleepin'."

"I won't be long sir," Kumiho told him, shifting his normal blank smile to a leer. "I think your boy stole a Pokemon from me and I would like him back. He's very important to me, one of my best friends."

The man scowled. "He di' di' he? Maybe ya oughta keep better track of yer pets y' spoiled whelp. Coulda run off."

"Maybe you an' yer son ought t' get swatted on da head for thievery," Ethan replied merrily, mimicking him as only a fox could. "M' partner don' just run off like y' let yer son. What would mother think?"

The man's brown eyes almost seemed to bulge out of their sockets. "You fixin' for a beating kid?"

"I'm fixin' to get you arrested fer assault, theft, and illegal immigration," Kumiho told him with a sharp smile. "Not th' best start to a new life is it?"

The man snarled irritably, likely amazed he had been duped by a freak. He turned back inside and shouted. "Oi, brat! You got a visitor." There was silence before loud, clumping footsteps made their way to the door, revealing a muscular teen with angry eyes to make his old man proud. He brushed his hair down and scowled down at Ethan. In his arms was an unconscious Tono. One of the male's cheeks was bruised.

"What do you want," snapped the boy. "Can't you tell it's the nighttime you weirdo?"

Ethan smiled slightly. "I want Tono back," he said simply. "Return my Zorua."

The boy smirked. "And why should I do that?"

Kumiho gave a fox grin. "Hmm... because he slapped a Pokeball in your face. And, well..." Ethan moved and kicked the boy in the shin, snatching Tono. "As if you'll be able to stop me. Blackie!" Blackie snorted and kicked up some sand, bolting after Ethan. The boy hurried back to the road, hurrying toward Feborough.

"Electrike Thunder Wave!" Ethan ducked and rolled, avoiding the attack from the older boy's blue and yellow attacker. "Gimme back my Pokemon! I took it fair and square!"

Ethan managed a snort as he got to his feet, still clutching the unconscious Tono. "There's no such thing as fair. Blackie Psychic." The Pokemon snorted as he got to his black paws. He got to beat up a crazy person. Sounded cool. His red sclera turned pink and a wave of Psychic energy sent the Electrike skidding backwards. The Pokemon roared and charged toward the Umbreon, intent on at least biting one of the legs. Blackie rolled his eyes and ran to meet him, casually knocking him aside.

The other boy grinned. "Masquerain get him!" He tossed out what looked like an elongated teardrop with rhombus-shaped feet and large, intimidating-looking antennae. It dove toward Blackie, only for Azea to tackle it out of the air, the ladybug confused.

"Ledidia..." There's no Berry here... Realizing what was going on, the bug grinned. "Diadan!" Better yet it's a fight! Woohoo!

"This should be fun," Kumiho mused. "Azea Supersonic, Blackie Sand Attack." Azea nodded and let out an irritating screech. Blackie ran before he did. Being confused in his own battle would really suck. Electrike yowled and leapt toward Azea, trying to knock him out of the air but Azea headbutted him into Masquerain, causing both Pokemon to tumble into the dirt. Ethan raised an eyebrow at his opponent. "Have you even trained these two?"

"Worry about yourself!" the boy shot back, flushing an ugly red. Well that answered that. "Bubble Masquerain!" Getting back into the air, Masquerain fired bubbles at Blackie, which succeeded in both hurting and annoying the Dark-type.

"Bre on..." This is pathetic... well we know what career this guy is not headed towards.

Kumiho had no idea what was being said but would have agreed if he knew. "Let's end this already... Quick Attack and Comet Punch." Azea whooped and looped in the air, charging toward Masquerain and punching twice with each of its four arms. Masquerain flew back and went forward again, a strangely cold wind erupting from the large antenna. Azea tumbled backward against Ethan before getting up again with a grin.

"Diaa!"YAHOO! He darted forward again as Blackie knocked Electrike off his feet, punching the opponent bug into the air. This time it fluttered down and stayed down.

"Blackie!" Blackie retreated and joined Azea, who was placed back in a Pokeball. "It isn't fair for you to have all of the fun is it?" Ethan chuckled. "Finish him off Sear." The monkey looked at the snarling Electrike as he formed and facepalmed.

"Pan sear. Pan pan. Searpan." It's a dog. It's a mutant dog that shoots lightning. Reshiram help me. Why must I meet all the freaks? He snorted and took a deep breath. "PAN!" No translation necessary. Fire burst from his mouth and the startled Electrike yowled and tumbled to the side.

"Electrike Thunder Wave!" The voice sounded desperate, Kumiho noted with a happy looking smile. Electrike coughed and released another weak wave of electricity. Sear rolled his eyes and released another burst of Embers before screeching as he was shocked. Ethan resisted the urge to facepalm at the irritated monkey.

"PAN! SEAR!" You stupid dog! You did not just shock me! He charged forward, weakened by the paralysis. "SEAR!" Thank god his monkey was simple-minded. He scratched at the burned Electrike, screeching his fury to the heavens. Ethan reached out with a Pokeball and returned the Pansear before they got accused of murder.

"Aren't you glad that's over?" Ethan asked the defeated opponent with delight. The boy scowled and lurched to his feet, recalling his beaten Pokemon and staring at Ethan with pure rage.

"That Pokemon's 'posed to be mine," he snapped. "I ain't lettin' no freak get it!"

Ethan raised an eyebrow. "That so…" he drawled. "Good luck with that." He turned and darted off, heading into the Feborough night. Behind him came a bellowing roar and Kumiho couldn't help the cackling laugh that burst from his lips as Tono slept on. This was what you earned from him: anger, frustration, negative emotions which burst through the body like a fire which wore you to your knees. Wildboy had been an anomaly but every other stranger inevitably despised him. Kumiho knew this, accepted this with an odd sort of pride. He laughed and laughed, hurrying in the dark that to him suddenly seemed brighter and clearer. He wasn't sure where Maya lived but he could find her. It wouldn't take long.

"Ethan?"

Ah, there she was, twirling her break basket as innocent as could be. Ethan knew better than that though, she was anything but innocent. He calmed down and turned to look at her. "There you are Maya," he greeted with no mask, just a slightly wildfire grin and sparkling black eyes like pits of coal. "I was wondering when I'd find you."

"What did you do?" she asked him, holding back not a gasp of fear at his expression, but a breathless, excited laugh. Maya was a wonderfully twisted lady, specializing in anything exciting and interesting. She sparked up this conundrum of a world, as he saw it.

"I took what belongs to me," he said delightedly. "And now I made him angry."

Maya chuckled. "You're impossible. Come on before the brute catches up." She pulled him into the nearby house. "You owe me."

"Have a Tono," he said, handing her the fox, causing her to snort.

"I may do just that."

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @ Fuyu - Well written post. So Kumiho has an aquaintance called Maya here? A fiancee? This will be interesting!

Blackie (Umbreon) grew to lvl 15!
    Blackie learned
    Pursuit!

Azea (Ledian) grew to lvl 13!

Sear (Pansear) grew to lvl 15!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    Lynn Colthearts - Mission 4

Minutes have passed since Lynn and her pokemon had exited Rachel and Max's farm, leaving behind the sweet-smelling flowers that accompanied it as well. They found themselves back into the luscious greened forest where bug pokemon were seen flying through the trees and branches. Lynn had to brush off the leaves from her hair, as well as from her clothing as she passed through some loose branches and bushes along the way. Meanwhile, Lynn's Pansage, Flareon, and her newly captured pokemon - Marill, were tagging along, just a few feet behind her. Flareon swiftly swished his tail to the left, then back to the right, trying to prevent leaves and tiny twigs from sticking on to his fur. Pansage was quietly observing the trees, and the bug pokemon nearby, hoping that none of them would mistake him for a tree, and try to suck the sap out of him. Yikes. Marill, however, was busy gazing at the sky, and looking at the white, puffy, yet fairly small clouds in the sky. However, this strayed her attention to what was in front of her, as she soon tripped on a tree root, leaving the others to trail off. Marill quickly then rose from the ground, and ran her way back to catch up. Soon she caught up, but had a question for Flareon and Pansage.

"Mar...?" (Are we there yet...?) Marill asked unhyphenated. "Marill." (Mr.Cloud doesn't like it when I walk too long. I get tired.)

"Flare Eon Flareon?" (Well, since we are in the middle of nowhere, BURNABLE trees from every corner you look in, nothing but BURNABLE bugs, and nothing but BURNABLE grass, and the next BURNABLE town has not have any trees or grass at all, what do YOU think?) Flareon asked rhetorically.

There was then a deep silence with the group,as there was nothing but the sounds of wagons rolling, and trees swaying with the calm breeze.

"Ill... Mar...?" (So... Are we there yet?) Marill finally asked once more. "Mari--" (Mr.Cloud doesn't like it when I walk too long. I get tir--)

"Pan," (You've said that before,) Pansage pointed. "Sage?" (Who the Darkrai is a Mr. Cloud anyway?) he then asked.

"Flare, Flare!" (His existence is not important! I shall BURN him for negligence anyway!) Flareon decided.

"Marill," (Mr. Cloud is my friend up there,) Marill explained, pointing upwards to the sky, at the same cloud she was staring at before. Pansage and Flareon looked upwards, but then exchanged glances. "Marill! Mar, Ill, Marill!" (We do everything together! We smell flowers, aaaaand we eat pie, aaaaand we play hide and seek, aaaand we smell flowers -- oh wait, I said that already aaaaaand oooh, have a I mentioned that he always beats me in hide and seek?! Annnd... and we eat pie!) Pansage stared blankly at Marill.

"...Pan?" (...You're talking about a cloud right?) Pansage asked in dismay. "Sage?" (You've made friends with a Cumulus cloud?) Marill responded with a naive smile and a quick happy nod.

"Flare. Flareon... Eon..." (Pfft, I can burn one easily. They think they are so tough... floating up there...)

Lynn meanwhile, looked ahead to see a white rectangular sign. Soon she was in range that she was able to read the black words on the sign: "Welcome to Feborough Town, heart of the farm market." Lynn clapped her hands together as a sign that she and her pokemon had finally made it through the forest, into the first town. Lynn then noticed a smaller print of words that followed up below the welcome: "Beware of Aipoms. They can hurt you. Hurt your feelings, that is." Lynn could by blinking blankly.

"Flareon!" (I call BURNING those Aipoms!) Flareon announced while turning to Pansage. "Eon!" (Burning monkeys are always satisfying!) Pansage rolled his eyes while shaking his head as he and Lynn observed another sign. "The edges of this sign are sharp. Be careful you don't touch the sharp sides of this sign. The edges of this sign are very sharp, after all. Since the edges of this sign are sharp, beware," it said.

"Mari--" (Be careful, the edges of this sign are shar--)

"Pan." (We know.)

(( Sorry, this post is really short, but its only because I'm kinda... tired, and I promise to cliff-hang from this tomorrow! ))

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    XD @ Doronjo - seriously, I lol'd (in a good way) at this post. I love your pokémon's personalities. I'm almost giving them levels just for this ^^

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
  • It isn't often that Kitaru lies in, despite his disregard for the rule he frequently wakes early to get the most out of everyday. Unfortunately this particular morning was not an average morning. The combination of a soft mattress and a couple of days on the open road, made him lay in long into the mid morning. That said he couldn't complain it wasn't like there was anything urgent to do and he was making the most of his money. When he did get up he had missed breakfast, but he wasn't that hungry anyway so he packed his belonging and headed out into the bustling market town of Feborough. He dropped the room key off at the reception as he left.

It may have been only mid morning but the entire town was already abuzz with farmers, market traders and their customers. Who was it I was supposed to find again, Kitaru asked himself mentally before he started heading anywhere. Kai, was it. No Tai, Ahougha Tai that was it. The thing was he still had no idea where to find the man. He released Mischief out of his Pokeball, after his improved behaviour the day before he was willing to let Mischief out for a while.

"Pansage." The Pokemon said as it stretched. Once he had finished waking up Kitaru and Mischief set out into the market. A few time Kitaru had to stop and ask directions from one of the locals but slowly he made a beeline towards his goal.

When he found the stall it was one of the biggest in the market and it was covered in a wide range of state of the art equipment. The item he was looking for was a red device labelled as a Pokedex, there were a number on display the price was quite a lot, it would take up a large chunk of Kitaru's money but it would be well worth it. Also on sale were maps, which were exactly what Kitaru was looking for.

"How can I help you, young man?" A creepy man approached Kitaru, as he was standing behind the counter he assumed that the man was Tai. He was dressed in a smart looking suit of sorts. The jacket was dark blue with red trims round the collar and the sleeves, the trousers matched the design. Under this he wore a white shirt. The style of his hair was the most creepy thing about him, it had a bit of a quiff at the front but at the back it had two bits sticking up. Frankly the looked a little bit like wings sticking out of the back of his head. Just looking at his over all appearance reminded Kitaru of a vampire from a horror film he had watched once. He noted Mischief. "That's a very nice Pansage you've got there." He remarked.

"I'm interested in buying one of your Pokedexs and a map." Kitaru said ignoring the man's other remark.

"You can take one right now, if you have the money on you." Tai said, this guy wasn't a blood sucker but he could drain your wallet.

"Well I wanted to try to haggle on the price a bit." Kitaru responded, if he could save any money at all it would help. Buying the stuff wouldn't be a problem but if he did it a this price he wouldn't have enough money to get halfway to Maydale. Tai let out a huff much to Kitaru's annoyance.

"And why exactly should I offer you a discount?" He said staring at his nails as though he wasn't interested. In the back of his mind Kitaru was considering nabbing a Pokedex and doing a runner. The guy was a leech, he knew Kitaru could pay the full price and that he needed the Pokedex so he was trying to squeeze money out of him. Getting angry Kitaru clenched his fists at his sides.

"Pan pan!" Mischief started tugging on Kitaru's jeans.

"Not now, I'm haggling." Kitaru whispered out of the side of his mouth. Mischief then left him alone. "How about I do you a favour?" Kitaru offered, he was quite wound up but if he got on the wrong side of this guy then he wouldn't get a Pokedex at all.

"What exactly could you do for me?" Tai asked him in response to this question. As Kitaru was about to respond there came a woman's cry from near by stall.

"Get away you dirt thieving mankey!" Kitaru spun to face the noise and to his shock saw a stall owner attacking Mischief with a broom stick. It took Kitaru all of two seconds to realise what had gone on. For the stall was one selling berries, a lot of which were now splattered all over the floor. In one hand Mischief was holding a bulky bunch of Nanab berries, with the other he was chucking berries at the woman, while Leering all the while. The woman approached him but he lashed out with a Fury Swipes and climbed quickly onto the roof of the stall.

"Mischief! Get! Down! Here! Now!" Kitaru snapped at the Pansage. Mischief looked at Kitaru and tears started to form in the corners of his eye's. "Now! Bad! Pansage!" With that Mischief threw down the fruit he was holding and turned. He leapt from one stall to the next wailing as he fled. Stunned Kitaru just stood there, why had he snapped at Mischief, his head sank into his hands.

"You are going to pay for this mess!" The woman demanded. Kitaru looked up at her and nodded. Other people would have felt like crying but instead he got up. He had two tasks one pay off this woman and two find Mischief. Given Kitaru's demeanour he wouldn't rest until he'd finished both tasks.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @ The warden - Poor Mischief and his monkeybusiness ;;

((OOC: And now for a tiny tiny post just because ))

--

Ahougha Tai

The merchant watched as the boy who had tried to haggle down the price of the pokédex had troubles with his Pansage. He couldn't help a little smile escaping his lips. Pity. This guy wasn't as cool as he tried to sound when he wanted to haggle. Well, there would be more customers coming, Ahougha thought as he carefully made sure that all the pokédexes he had on display lay in a straight line. This wasn't even all of them. He didn't want to show off too many; that way people wouldn't think it was an exclusive item. Actually, this version of the pokédex wasn't even the most modern one available. But since he was the only one in the town who had gotten his hands on them yet, he could sell them for a really high price. Anyone who wanted to be a real pokémon trainer thought it was worth it anyways.

Something in the corner of his eye caught his interest. A man in black clothes walking by. On the back of his jacket was a blue mark that Ahougha recognized well. His already narrow eyes narrowed even more. If he only had time to go and spy on them... he had to find out what they were doing here in Feborough. There couldn't be anything interesting in this small town, could there?​

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
    Years
  • Soul jumped from tree to tree, he felt the leaves brush against his clothes and sometimes against his face. Cecilia spat and coughed as she got a handful of leaves down her throat and even more in her face. She was NOT enjoying this in the slightest.

After a few minutes of tree jumping, Soul and Cecilia landed on solid ground. The masked boy got a bit disappointed that the fun was over already,

"Hey Cecilia. What do you say that we jump around in the trees some more?" he asked.

"Mr. Soul… If you by 'jump around in the trees' mean that we should get going and by 'some more' you mean right now, then yes." she said bluntly. The Panpour did NOT want to do that again for some time.

"Okay, I get it." Soul gave off a nervous laughter as he started walking into the next town.

Wait. What is this?! It's all… So familiar… No, it couldn't be?!

Soul looked around, terrified of what he saw. The market, the houses, everything! This town… It was Feborough Town. Soul's birthplace…

The young boy walked around, his steps staggering more and more the further he walked. Eventually, they succumbed to Soul's own weight and he fell down on the ground. Soul laid there, immovable, he didn't know what to do. All these memories from before came rushing through his mind, his mother, her happy face as they went shopping for groceries. Her happy face as she saw Soul play in the garden. Her happy face as they visited her parents. Her happy face as she was with her husband. Her terrified face as she was murdered… Everything became dyed in black, the shadows returned. Their big hungry mouths, filled to the brim with razor-sharp teeth waiting to slit their pray into pieces. Their big yellow eyes, always watching, always… They came closer to Soul, was this… the end? No… A white beam of light enveloped Soul in the darkness, it transported him upwards, towards the heavens. Towards salvation...

Am I dead?

Soul sat up in a bed. He looked around to get a grip of where exactly he had ended up. It was a dark room, oh no. Not again… He could feel the shadows watching him once again, he started to sweat heavily. Soul tried to escape, he wriggled and kicked and shouted, he didn't want to go back. HE DIDN'T WANT TO GO BACK! He tried everything to get away, but he was wrapped in some sort of… fabric? Two eyes appeared in front of the young boy, they were gleaming, malicious, piercing, terrifying. Then a huge mouth appeared under the eyes, it was a wide grin, filled with sharp teeth. This… thing, came closer to Soul, closer and closer… He was getting really scared now, this thing was going to drag him back into the shadows. But suddenly, a familiar sound reached Soul's ears.

"Geng, geng!"(Soul! Glad to see ya' again buddy!)

It was the voice of a Pokémon. Then there was the voice, this time it belonged to an old man.

"Soul! S-Soul… My, I, I… Where on earth have you been?!"

The turquoise-haired boy's eye widened, this voice it was so familiar. Yet, Soul had to ask:

"Who-Who are you?"

"WHAT?! Don't tell me you've developed amnesia?! It's me! Requiem, your grandfather!" the voice said. Soul first noticed slight movements in the dark, and then he was faced by a beam of light rushing into the room.

Everything became illuminated… In front of Soul stood his dear grandfather, Requiem, one of the few humans that Wildboy actually had feelings of affection for. Along with Requiem was his trusty Gengar, Shinespook, with the signature smile that most Gengars had slapped onto his face. Requiem had favorite clothing on, a green morning gown that he once got in a faraway region. But instead of that happy, smiling face he usually had, the old man looked at Soul with a mix of worry and relief in his face.

"G-Grandfa…" Soul's voice trailed off. He had never even considered the thought that he might run into one of his relatives again.

"I can see that you are surprised." Requiem chuckled, although it was a sad chuckle, "But so was I when I found you lying unconscious on the road!"

"Unconscious… on the road?" Soul said a little bit uneasy. He had no memory whatsoever of fainting, in fact he had no memory whatsoever of arriving in Feborough.

"Yes! Unconscious on the road! I was walking to the market, trying to get some Pecha Berries and Honey. And as I was walking, my foot bumped into something. I looked down to see what it was and I immediately recognized you Soul. I was so happy and terrified at the same time!" Requiem said. "J-Just where have you been all this time? And what has happened to your face?!" the old man pointed at his grandson's face. Soul touched his face, his fingers didn't feel the scraggy hue of wood his mask had like usual. No all he felt was burned skin. The mask was gone. He then noticed that his clothes were gone as well.

"Well… It was a little like this…" Soul slowly started. He told his grandfather about everything that had happened to him all these years. He started with how he escaped his father's basement and made a home in the outskirts of Januvale. He told the old man about how he met and lived with several Pokémon while eventually learned their language to an extent. He told about his meeting with Squee which resulted in his face gaining the deformed shape it currently had. After this story time, if you could call it that, Soul grandfather grew silent. As did Shinespook. The old man walked up to his grandson, his arms reaching around the fifteen year-old's naked body wrapped in sheets in a warm and heart filled embrace.

"You must've had a rough time Soul… You must really hate humans…" Requiem said. A tear slowly fell from the old man's cheek. He was sad that his grandson had to go through all of these hardships and he was furious at himself for not trying to find Soul earlier. No, he let himself get pushed down by all the people saying that Soul was gone forever and didn't search for him. If he had in fact searched, then maybe all of this wouldn't have happened to his dear grandson.

"Yes. However there is one human that I don't hate… and it is you grandfather…" Soul said. He embraced Requiem back, he held on tight to the old man as if he was the only thing keeping Soul from falling into a bottomless hole. Tears started flowing from the turquoise-haired boy's cheeks. He then started to cry loudly, hugging his grandfather even harder than before. He suddenly felt several years' worth of missing his grandfather washing over him like a wave of seawater.

"It's okay Soul, it's okay…" Requiem gently hushed his crying grandson while gently stroking his hand over the boy's head. "Now that you are here we can live together like a happy family!" he said in a assuring voice. Soul just cried even more when his grandfather said this,

"No, that's the problem! I can't live with you!" he cried.

"What?" Requiem froze for a second, "Why not?!". What was this nonsense his grandson was spouting? Of course he could live with Requiem! What, what did Soul even mean?! The young boy swallowed hard, he felt nervous. A type of nervousness that he hadn't felt in ages. The exact same type of nervousness he got when he was a little child and had done something bad and had to tell his mother about it. He eventually told Requiem about his dream, how he got the Pokémon accompanying him, about Joresh Ja and about how he was on a mission to help Reshiram.

"…" was the old man's answer. He sat silent, gently picking his ear as if he thought that he had misheard what his grandson said.

"I see that you don't believe me grandfather…" Soul chuckled, "You probably think that I am completely crazy!"

"No… It's not that…" Requiem said. He sighed and his slowly brushed his hand through the little hair he had left on his head. "It's just that… I always knew you were destined for great things, even when I saw you for the first time as a tiny baby. I just never thought that your time of greatness would come this fast. I would never even think of doubting your ability to complete this task, but for one person to help a Legendary Pokémon alone, and at such a young age, makes me wonder… You know of Reshiram's "counterpart" Zekrom right?" the old man said.

"Yes, Zekrom the Deep Black Pokémon, according to the legends that is." Soul said.

"Excactly, now if Reshiram only needed help, then why wouldn't Zekrom help it? Why let some unknown person take that matter in his or her hands? It does not make any sense in my opinion." Requiem continued.

"I guess not…" Soul's voice was uneasy. He didn't always know what his grandfather meant with certain things.

"Are you following? You see if Zekrom didn't help Reshiram it can only mean that it too was overpowered by something, right?" Requiem said.

"Uh-huh." Soul just nodded.

"Now, if Zekrom is in danger as well and this Joresh Ja didn't tell you about it, it must mean that he has someone else that will take care of Zekrom for him. Do you see it now?"

"Ah!" Soul exclaimed. His grandfather was right, there must be someone else beside him on a journey! The only difference was that this person had been sent out to aid Zekrom… "I must find this person!" Soul yelled. He quickly got out of his bed, but one of the sheets had wrapped around him in a very awkward way. The young boy quickly pummeled to the floor where he remained for some time, trying to get up. His grandfather couldn't help him, the old man was too busy laughing at the whole situation. He eventually calmed down and helped Soul up.

"If you want to browse the town in search for this "Zekrom-helper" you should at least wash yourself off." Requiem chuckled.

"Wash myself off…?" Soul said, he hadn't washed himself in years.

"Geng, gaaar!"(Yes, you basically smell like a Trubbish in a puddle of toxic waste!) Shinespook commented while waving his hand before his face as if to blow aways the vile smell that Soul gave off.

"I'll show you to the bathroom." Requiem said. He led Soul to a small door in the house, he slid it open and revealed a bathroom giving off a lustrous glow. "Heh, I've gotten some guys install the whole package as you might say!" Soul's grandfather gave off a proud smile as he showed the young boy around in the room. "If you're wondering about your mask and coat. Well let's just say that I'm modifying them! I've laid out clean clothes for you here." The old man pointed at a bench in the bathroom. There was a red T-shirt, beige pants that were very baggy along with a pair of blue underwear.

Soul stepped into the shower after his grandfather had left the room. He slowly turned a small metal thingy with a red dot on, warm water then started flowing, washing Soul off, seemingly cleansing him from all horrible things that had happened to him in his life. He took a bit of shampoo and started to scrub his head gently, the shampoo mixing with the water and then slowly started running down his body until it hit the floor and disappeared down through a hole at the bottom of the shower. After a while of scrubbing, Soul stepped out of the shower. He passed by a mirror only to immediately stop and look at himself for a while. Wow, he looked so clean… The burn didn't seem so bad really, better than what Soul had expected. And his hair… it was much longer than he remembered it now that it was straightened out and not in some sort of dreadlock-like mess. It reached down to his shoulders, and it looked quite good on him too! Soul quickly brushed his hair over the burnt side of his face, however the fact that he had been burned was still obvious since the burn took up more than half of his face. Soul took the clothes in a snatching motion and quickly put them on, he couldn't wait to search for the one supposed to be helping Zekrom.

"I'm going out now grandfather!" Soul yelled.

"Ah, okay! Be careful, I haven't fixed your mask yet, it takes some time making the changes that I had in mind! Your coat is not done either, I have Ariad and her son working on it!" Requiem yelled back. Ariad was his Ariados that he had taken with him on many of his travels as a young trainer, her son Spinner was still a Spinarak, but a powerful one at that.

Soul wandered the market, passing stands and carefully looking out for someone that looked like they were on an important mission. He walked with a low head, kicking some small rocks and of course quietly growling at a human if they came too close to him. He didn't like being among humans without his mask. Suddenly, a particular stand caught his eye. It had a sign that said… PokéRexes? PokéFlexes? Poké… Smexes? Arrgh, what did it say?! Soul narrowed his eyes to get a better view of it,

"Poké… Dexes… PokéDexes." He said quietly. What the hell was a PokéDex? Whatever it was, it had certainly caught Soul's interest. He moved a bit closer to see a man, native Arcanian, with a slick hair, narrow dark eyes and a smirk on his face running the stand. He looked like someone you would go to for practicing shady business. By the stand also stood a boy with a Pansage, Soul didn't take much note of him, probably just another stupid human. Suddenly, Cecilia popped out of her Pokéball, staring at the Pansage with very big eyes. She then gave off a joyful yelp and started to run towards the Pansage, wait what?! Cecilia! Damn now she would… distract them completely so that Soul could steal one of those PokéMajiggers! Smart plan!

"PAAAAAAAAAANNPPOOOOOOOOOUUUR!!!!"(BIIIIIIIIG BROOOOOOOOOOTHHEEERRRR!!!!) Cecilia yelled as she glomped the Pansage. She was sure of it! This was her beloved big brother!

While Cecilia was hugging the Pansage with tears of joy streaming down her eyes, Soul had snuck into the back of the stand. He searched his way through and found a storage room full of red devices, soul picked one up and started to poke at it. Suddenly, a robotic voice screeched out from the device,

"WARNING! WARNING! NEW USER REGISTRATION NEEDED TO FUNCTION! CURRENT USER: AHOUGA TAI!" it yelled. Soul flinched, s***, that sound must've been heard around the entire market. He suddenly felt something grab ahold of the T-shirt's collar, then a violent force that pulled him backwards, then crashing into something. Namely the boy with the Pansage. The impact was heavy and almost knocked the air out of Soul's lungs, he didn't even have strength to get up.

"Trying to steal from me kid? Not the wisest idea. But looking from how you're dressed I'd say you aren't the wisest person around." The man running the stand said. He glared at Soul with his narrow eyes, the boy just glared back, his face expressing raw anger. Stupid metal-thingy, yelling like that, making him get busted. He would've gotten away with it too!

"Silence human!" Soul growled, he was not in the mood for being mocked.

"Panpour!"(Mr. Soul!) Cecilia yelled, completely forgetting the Pansage as she quickly went up to him where he was laying on top of the other boy.

((OOC: THERE! Finally got it done, now I can do things in life without having to worry about this post! Oh wait, I don't have a life! XP))

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @ Mr. Mammoth - Wonderful post! So Soul is becoming human again? :)

One note: I hope you spoke to The warden before you made this post because I assume it's Kitaru that you're having Soul and Cecilia bump into? With the rather strict norms we have on godmodding/bunnying at PC, I think it would count as a bit of that otherwise ^^ as long as The warden is ok with it, it's fine with me though.

- Cecilia (Panpour) grew to lvl 15!

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
  • [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]It took Kitaru a while before he found Mischief again and even longer to tempt the Pokémon back out of his new wound hiding place. Some time and a bag of berries later Mischief was back at Kitaru's side once again. Next he headed back to the stall to buy a Pokédex. As he arrived so did another boy about his age. The kid was a bit weird looking what with having blue hair and a burnt face but Kitaru didn't pay close attention to him.

"PAAAAAAAAAANNPPOOOOOOOOOUUUR!!!!" A Panpour suddenly ran up to Mischief and hugged him, if you definition of hug includes a flying tackle. Both Mischief and Kitaru were in shock at the sudden occurrence. So neither of them noticed the boy slipping into the back of the stall.

"BIIIIIIIIG BROOOOOOOOOOTHHEEERRRR!!!!" Mischief was almost knocked off his feet by a flying ball of tears. Mischief stared at the blue thing that was hugging him tightly.

"Little sis?!" Mischief asked in surprise. "Wow you've grown haven't you. You were the size of a Joltik the last time I saw you." Mischief hugged his sister back.

"Do you two know each other Kitaru asked?" Staring at the two monkey Pokémon, before he could be answered an alarm rang distracting his attention. It seemed that the kid with the Panpour was trying to steal a Pokédex. Kitaru turned away for a second to focus on the two Pokémon and before he knew what was happening he found himself on the ground in a heap with some one lying on top of him. In the background he could hear a conversation going on and Mischief laughing at him but he was too dazed to do anything. After a few second he came to his senses and threw off the thing sat on top of him and attempted to wrestle it to the ground. He noticed that it was the boy who had attempted to steal the Pokédex and took this fact into consideration before taking a swing at the boy. A short brawl broke out between the two as they both attempted to hit, kick and throw each other. Kitaru got in a few shots but so did the other boy, Kitaru was quite surprise by the way the other kid fought it was unlike anything he had seen before. The best word to describe it would be feral.
    [/FONT]

"[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]That's enough you two!" Yelled Tai, quite annoyed at the pair of brats who were scaring away all his customers. Kitaru got up and dusted himself off, he hoped he wouldn't have to get into another fight with this kid any time soon. "I'll offer you a deal, you're spirited young lads. If you take care of some thieves who have been stealing my goods then I'll knock the prices down on the Pokédexs." Kitaru though about the offer for a few seconds.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I agree." Was his response.
    [/FONT]

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
    Years
  • ((OOC: Well, this post is a bit shorter than usual, however I hope that it pleases our dear GM!))

Soul grunted as he tried to get up from the kid he had landed on. He saw Cecilia's worried look as she came up to him, but not only that. A laugh, presumably from the Pansage, rung out. Soul looked at the Pokémon for a while, Cecilia had labeled him as "big brother". A small world everyone lived in, huh? But before Soul could further his musings, he felt a force, pushing him to the ground. He looked up to see that the boy with the Pansage was throwing a punch at him. This got Soul extremely angry and he started to brawl th other kid.

After a while of throwing punches, kicking, shouting, biting(in Soul's case at least) and so on, a booming voice was heard. Soul recognized it as the man who was running the stand. Soul slowly stood up, not bothering to brush his clothes off, they were bound to get dirty in the wilderness anyway. He noticed a small scratch on his hand that was leaking a very small amount of blood. Before he could do anything else, the man running the stand said something to him and the other kid. Something about... Stolen wares? Lowered price on the Poké... Majiggies? Thieves? This was sparking Soul's interest more and more. Maybe he didn't have to steal that machine after all...

"I accept your offer, Stand-Man." Soul said with a big smile on his lips as he licked away the blood from his hand. While awaiting further orders, he looked at Cecilia. "So, I didn't know that you had a brother?"

"Pan, Panpour, Pan, Pourpan!"(Yeah! I do have a brother, although I never thought I'd see him again after hearing that someone recieved his Pokéball from Joresh Ja!) she said enthusiastically.

"Haha, that's nice to hear!" Soul smiled at Cecilia. But then, his smile dissapeared. Something Cecilai had said started to become clear to him now. Another Pokéball, from Joresh Ja? That must mean there is a high probability that this person next to Soul, was the one sent to help Zekrom... Soul looked at the boy for a second, his face looking a bit displeased. Was this the kid who Zekrom had asked to help? To Soul it didn't seem like a very wise choice on the Legendary's part, this kid seemed extremely violent. He was probably rude too... Would that really be an appropriate mind-set for someone supposed to help a mighty Pokémon such as Zekrom? But Soul decided not to judge this guy beforehand, he would have to see himself if the kid was worthy of heloing Zekrom!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    Lynn Colthearts x Ethan

Lynn was never in a town as busy as Feroborugh before; people were rushing in and between food markets, inns, and other types of stores, forming messy line ups to purchase something from the food stalls. Lynn could also smell something pleasent; it was the smell of curry being cooked at a local food stall. Curry was a dish that was indeed popular among the Colthearts clan; and Lynn was no exception. Lynn thought about buying some for herself, when she smelled another aroma; but this aroma was bitter. Lynn with her pokemon turned towards the stall where it was coming from; where it had a sign: the coffee brewery.

"Coffee?" Lynn read. "I've heard of such a drink, but I've never actually had one... Mother always said it contained the spirit of the wild."

"Mar?" (What's a coffee?) Marill cutely asked. "Ill?" (Is it some sort of pokemon?)

"Flareon!" (Its a type of Pokemon that BURNS LITTLE ANNOYING WATER MOUSES!) Flareon hissed.

"Pansage," (Actually, I've heard from my former master that coffee was a foreign type of drink that contained caffeine,) Pansage corrected. "Sage." (Though I have no idea what caffeine is.)

"Marill!" (Maybe the caffeine thingy can be a new friend for me and Mr. Cloud!)

"Pan..." (I highly doubt that...)

Maya snorted, almost inhaling some of her whipped cream. She sat across from Ethan in the coffee shop, laughing at Ethan's retelling of his escape from home. The young woman coughed briefly, laughing still. Tono barked from her lap, looking alarmed. "I-I'm fine," she quickly told him, snorting. "Ethan don't tell me about your crazy family while I'm drinking. You know I'll choke."

"You asked me to tell you," he replied with a cool nod, shying back as she twitched one of his ears playfully.

"Don't be a perp," she told him casually. "You can be the worst sometimes- oh let me correct myself, all the time." Blackie made a mewling noise like a cackle. This woman was awesome. Ethan shrugged and tipped the chair back on its hind legs, seeing someone from the window out of the corner of his eye. "Did you see a woman?"

"I saw a girl staring at the coffee shop," he replied tonelessly, banging back to all fours and sipping his tea. Too much honey. Blackie rolled his eyes and curled up tighter. He was going back to sleep thank you very much.

"Huh... maybe she's meeting someone." Of course the person he had glanced at was Lynn and her various Pokemon. It wasn't particularly exciting though. Then again he didn't know who she was.

Lynn looked down towards her pokemon. "Let's take our own coffee break and step right in," Lynn suggested. "You'll never know... there might be curses in here." Lynn then turned back to the shop as she slowly opened the door and stepped right in. Her pokemon exchanged glances with each other as they followed right behind her. The coffee shop was a pretty relaxing place; there were few people inside, as they softly made conversations with each other. Lynn felt the calm atmosphere of this place, as she then wondered, perhaps the karma from the joys of brewing coffee and drinking it is what keeps the flow here.

"Marill! Mar!" (This place smells really nice! Mr. Cloud likes it too!) Marill happily complemented.

"Sage..." (It does smell very refined...) Pansage added.

"Flareon!" (I say we BURN this place!) Flareon, as usual, suggested. "Flare, Flare!" (I do not trust those brown... BEAN THINGS!)

"Marill, Ill!" (Mr.Cloud said that the tables here are so high, that if the coffee, or one of my mom's eggs drops from one of those, it'll go 'SPLAT!')

"Eon! Flareon!" (Quiet! Or else YOU will be the one that will goes 'SPLAT!')

Lynn then turned to the dossier; the merchant selling each individual cup of coffee. Lynn then held tightly to the magatama hung around her neck as she stepped forward towards him. "Good day sir," Lynn addressed politely. "Uh, how much is for a small cup of coffee?"

"280 yen," the merchant replied, as he started to grab a plastic cup form the counter, and poured coffee into it. Lynn then got out a couple of coins from her pocket, as she then laid them all out on the counter, getting her purchased cup of coffee in return. "Drink it while its hot; it'll be better."

Lynn nodded as she then started to look at her newly purchased drink. "Mother said the wild spirit will be inside me..." she muttered. "The wild spirit is said to drive anyone to a point of indescribable madness. Well, I think it'll be okay as long as I don't drink more than one cups of this drink..." With that, Lynn then slowly had her first sip of coffee.

"WOWOWOWOWOWOWWOOOOOOOOO!!!" Lynn cried after a few minutes, rolling on the floor of the shop with 6 empty cups of drank coffee spread out all over the floor near her. Her three pokemon were staring at her, sitting on the floor near where she was rolling. "WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWO...!!"

"Flare...?" (How long as she been like this...?) Flareon asked, twitching her ear from each cries that Lynn made.

"Sage..." (Six minutes I believe...) Pansage replied with a brief sigh. "Pansage..." (Then again, she was probably crazy her entire life...)

"Marill! Maril---" (Ooooh, that looks like fun! I wanna play t--)

"FLARE!" (NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOU WANT!) Flareon snapped.

"...Marill..." (...Mr. Cloud does...)

Lynn then sternly yet suddenly got right back up to her feet, with her body shaking. The merchant was concerned, so her peered from the hand made coffee maker to check up on the hyper Lynn.

"You okay?" he asked. "You sure had a lot of those..."

"THIS-IS-THE-MOST-SUPER-SPECIAL-DRINK-SINCE-THE-BARRAGE-OF-THE-GREAT-OCTOPUS-SPIRIT-OF-KICHWA!" Lynn very quickly yet firmly replied. She then, still in her hyper-ness, turned to the merchant "WHY-AREN'T-YOU-A-BILLIONAIRE?! YOU-MUST-MAKE-MONEY-WITH-THE-PIGGY-BANK-SPIRIT! GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO!"

"Haha... it's... just a small business of the family," the merchant blushed. "Owned from my father's father, and his father, and his father -- and so on."

"OH--COOLCOOLCOOLCOOL!!" Lynn chirped and cried as she then started to wave her arms and hands. "THAT-MAKES-ME-HAPPY! I'M-GOING-TO-BE-AN-AEREOPLAAANE, WHEEEEE!"

Ethan covered his twitching inhuman appendages at the noise. It was incredibly loud and that made these horrid things move more than a Lillipup's tail. At least his tail was quiet. Maya reached over the table and sympathetically squeezed his hand. "Sheltered folk," she commented dryly. "They get frazzled over the tiniest things."

"I believe this is the reason I do not drink coffee," Ethan muttered tiredly. "I shudder to think of my disposition on the addictive substance."

"Yes dragons forbid you act as a human being," the young woman teased, putting her drink down and observing Lynn's excited movements with an almost patronizing smile. "This is almost as entertaining as watching Caleb on a sugar rush, except I am not certain she'll get her head stuck in the wagon."

Ethan rolled his eyes and lifted a hand to call and save the poor merchant, though it did amuse him a bit. "Sir?" he called angelically. "May I have more tea?" Honestly to him coffee was foul.

"Certainly!" the merchant called, as he got out a full picture of tea, and stepped out of the counter through a small window door - until he was stopped by Lynn.

"HEYHEYEHEYHEY..." she addressed. "LEMME-CARRY-THAT-FOR-YOU!"

"That's not really ness---"

"HOGWASH!" she interrupted as she then quickly scooped the picture of tea from the merchant, holding it with both her hands, leaving the merchant with a questioned and baffled look on his face. "WITH-THE-POWER-OF-THE-AEREOPLANE-SPIRIT-I-SHALL-DELIVER-THIS-TEA-NOW-WHEEEEEEE!"

Lynn buzzed and circled to and through the tables of the cafe, as she soon was at the table where the boy, Ethan was.

"TEA! DID-ANY-ONE-ORDER-TEA?!" Lynn asked. "I-BET-I-CAN-SPELL-IT-BACKWARDS-TWELVE-TIMES: AET-AET-AET-AET-AET-AET-AET-AET-AET-AET--"

"Mar..." (I don't want to play this game anymore...) Marill frowned.

Ethan raised an eyebrow as Maya chuckled deeply. She almost wanted to clap for an encore. Ethan held out his cup and smiled sweetly. "Yes ma'am that would be myself. Thank you for your excellent service."

Blackie snorted. "Breon." Kissup.

Tono raised an eyebrow. "Rru?" Do you want to tick off somebody on coffee? Blackie winced and didn't reply.

Maya let out a humming laugh, pretending the lady part. "I hope you can handle the aftereffects miss," she commented gently, pretending like it actually concerned her. Ethan was amused by her. They both did this sort of thing repeatedly, which was probably why the families kept them apart for fear of destruction politically.

"NOOOO WORRIES!" Lynn happily remarked, with her tone beginning to lower. "And-might-I-add-that-the-tea-you-are-having-is-marvelous-so-marvelous-indeed!" Lynn then glanced at her three pokemon on the floor then turned back to Ethan's table. "My-name-is-Lynn-by-the-way-that's-L-Y-N-N! Over-there-is-Pansage-and-Flareon-and-Marill-and-Pansage-and-Flareon-and-Marill!"

The three pokemon exchanged glances before they all stepped forward. Flareon swished his tail as he was concentrating at Ethan's Umbreon. Umbreon was, after all, related to Flareon in a way - they both evolved from an Eevee. However, Flareon didn't had any mutual family greetings. Flareon quickly leaped on top of Ethan's table.

"Flare!" (I shall BURN you!) he casually greeted. Flareon then turned down towards Marill, standing on the floor. "Eon! Flareon!" (But after I BURN that little mouse there! I DESPISE WATER.)

"Mar, Marill!" (Hi, I'm Marill!) Marill happily greeted as it waved its fin. "Ill! Mar!" (Me and Mr. Cloud would love to be friends with you! Mr Cloud love friends after all!)

"Pan..." (I'm Pansage...) Pansage, without so much of a dramatic tone asked. Poor him, he's like, the only sane one in Lynn's group.

Ethan nodded quietly. "I am Ethan and it is a pleasure. This is my fiancee Maya." The young woman waved lazily, casually going back to petting Tono. "Blackie is on my lap and that is Tono who is laughing at your Pokemon."

"Rua. Ruzo." Hard not to. Only one of them has sense. Maya pet him, grinning to herself.

"I'm not sure which one of you was the bad influence on the other," she told Ethan, who shrugged.

"We benefited from each other," came the cool answer as Blackie rolled his eyes.

"Bre on. Umbre." Dude, jumping on a table is not very threatening. I've faced fire. Fire's tried to kill me. Blackie yawned and pawed one of his ears to clean it. "Umbreon." Why don't you try something interesting? Or wait, don't. That'd involve your ability to have more than one thought at a time. My bad.

Pansage chuckled as Flareon simply growled. "Sage, Pansage," (Don't worry about Flareon, he's harmless,) Pansage testified. (Sage.) (Stupid, but harmless.)

"FLAREON!" (I WILL DESTROY YOU!) Flareon announced, as he quickly hopped off the table, wanting to deliver a quick attack to Pansage, however, Pansage was too quick; it leaped out of the way, leaving Flareon to only to land on the floor, face first. Flareon laid on the floor, motionless from the failed attack, as Pansage hoped back to where Flareon was, sighing from the fact that humiliating Flareon was all too simple.

Blackie chuckled. "Umbreon breon." No worries. I know he's about as threatening as that coffee. He pawed at Ethan's arm, and the male started scratching behind his ears. Blackie would have purred if he had less dignity. As it was, he settled for letting his ears droop. Ethan shook his head silently at the creature. He was ever such a paradox.

"Mar..." (Why can't we be friends...) Marill squealed.

Tono barked at Marill. "Rua." Cause you guys have all the sanity of dry ice.

"Aww, that's so cute!" Lynn meanwhile said to Ethan, and the young woman. Lynn seemed to have finally to have calm down from the caffeine. Possibly for now, at least. "Oh, but if I may be brief; I should warn youabout the wedding curse! Those who meet their brides and wives before the actual ceremony are doomed to have their house infested with 111 cats! Then the next day, 111 dogs!"

Maya hummed a little, grinning slyly at Lynn. "Well we'll have to get some food bowls then. We've been arranged since we were little and adorable. And he was a nicer crazy than he is now." She winked at Lynn. "So thanks for the warning but we'll make do with what we've got.

"Don't be a hypocrite Maya, it ruins your makeup."

"I'm not even going to go there, Mr Umbreon." Ethan smirked.

"Ah, excellent!" Lynn responded. "But, just in case, I'm going to protect you all with a curse-free protection chant, handed down by my clan's ancestors, okay?" Lynn then took out her Magatama, as she then closed her eyes. A silence fell on her as she suddenly began to chant. "SO-KO-LO-UP-TOE-RI-LI-KON-NO-YOE-WOM-HA-ME-TANEE! Curse protection is now operated!"

Meanwhile, Marill waddled her way over to where Flareon fainted, on the ground. Marill then gave Flareon a slight poke on its motionless body. "Marill...?" (Are you okay, Flareon...?) Marill compassionately asked. Soon, Flareon had his eyes open, twitching his left foot, with the first thing he saw was Marill smiling sweetly in relief that her friend was okay.

"Flare, Eon!" (Get your stinkin' fins off me, you damn dirty mouse!) Flareon demanded, as he suddenly rose up and shoved Marill out of the way to glare at Pansage then glared at Blackie.

The two glanced at each other, sharing an amused look. "Thanks very much we suppose," Maya told her lightly, grinning as she lifted Tono onto the table to stand up. "So Ethan..." she grinned playfully. "You ready? Figure it's about time i showed you around." Ethan nodded and let Blackie join the other Pokemon on the floor. Maya smiled at Lynn. "You may join us if you like. You're probably a newcomer." No one was quite sure how that was easy to figure out but it was to her. Maya was likely almost as observant as Ethan.

Blackie snorted at Flareon. "Umbreon." I didn't know you wanted a fight. He smiled a little, in his own way. "Breon. Umbre. Bre." Okay then. Sounds like fun. Bring it.

Tono barked his amusement. Here we go.

Lynn meanwhile smiled back. "I appreciate the invitation," Lynn said. "I suppose I'll hold you up to it." She then looked down towards her pokemon. "Pansage? Flareon? Marill? Ready to go?"

"Flare!" (But I want to BURN this guy first!) Flareon complained, as he snorted back to Blackie. "Flareon!" (Very well, I accept your challenge!)

"Sage..." (I do not like the sound of this...)

Ethan paused to glance at his smirking Pokemon and at Flareon. "I think our two Pokemon want a battle first," he commented politely. "Blackie has that look on his face." Maya looked at the pair and grinned.

"Kind of like the cat caught the cream," she observed. "And judging by that Flareon he won't let this go."

Blackie barked and pawed at Ethan's arm, apparently saying. Yes I want to pummel this idiot into the ground. Tono padded over to Sage and Marill.

"Rururu?" Anybody taking bets?

"Mar?" (What's a bet?) Marill asked.

Tono sighed. "Zoru..." Something you're too young for kiddo.

Meanwhile, Lynn turned to Flareon. "Are you sure you want to battle Umbreon?" Lynn asked, as Flareon responded with a simple confident nod. Lynn smiled and turned back to Ethan. "Then it's a battle it is!"

Ethan smiled politely. "Excellent. Well then shall we find a suitable place?" Blackie grinned. This was going to be entertaining at the very least.

Maya grinned. "We can go to an alley or something so we don't blow up the market. Though that'd be cool.."

"Alright then!" Lynn said excitingly. "Lets--" But she then froze as she turned to face the window. She saw two people that she recognized; a lady who had a modern traditional kimono, with a traditional female hairstyle. Beside her was a male who was taller than her, who wore more of a traditional hakama; his gown was so long that it reached to his socks, where his white socks could be seen sticking out. He also wore a traditional Chinese sunhat, with brown sandles that were the same color as it.

The two people exchanged looks with Lynn, as they then started to walk away. Lynn then quickly, yet silently glanced at Flareon, then turned back to Ethan. "I'm sorry, but, can we postpone the battle for another time?" she asked in a more serious tone. As Flareon cried in frustration at her. "I...I have something important to do. Flareon, Pansage, Marill, we're going. Now." Lynn then started to bolt towards the door, leaving her pokemon behind.

The three pokemon turned towards one another.

"Pan?" (Lynn?) Pansage called.

"Marill..." (Mr. Cloud is really upset now...) Marill added.

"Flareon!" (This is unacceptable!) Flareon raged as he turned to Blackie. "Eon... Eon!" (Grr... You got lucky this time!) The three pokemon then waddled away, following Lynn from behind.

Ethan raised an eyebrow as she vanished before picking up his Pokemon. "I smell politics," he announced tonelessly. Blackie snorted, curling back up to sleep. "Do you think we ought to follow?" He rubbed Blackie's ears as they left the shop, turning toward the direction of the market. Maya shook her head.

"Let's not cause a war between families," she suggested. "We both know that'd get us in more trouble than she or you could afford. Come on, let's go the market. I want to see if there's a sale on Sitrus." She trotted ahead and Ethan sighed, following the sale-loving female.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Melody Eumelia Wakana
    Route 11
    Bugging out man, I really am.
    < Battle Time? >

"Come back here!" Melody yelled as she chased after the figure. "I demand an apology! Did you not hear me? I DEMAND AN APOLOGY!" Melody raised her hands in exasperation, still running. "How dare you ignore me after being so very rude?" The figure chuckled, only quickening its pace. "YOU LITTLE CRETIN! YOU DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE!"

. . . 5 minutes earlier . . .

"Ah, route eleven," Melody sighed, content. "Full of Combee from bee farms. Good thing they don't keep Beedrill around."

"Paaaaaan sage," Reed nodded in agreement.

"Not very polite little things," Melody observed as a few Combee flew past. "Just flitting about, not even taking enough notice of you to mutter a greeting. Hmph. They should learn some manners. Although, I suppose they're not as bad as Carnivine," Melody stopped, appearing lost in thought.

"Panpanpanpan sasasage! Pan~sage," Reed exclaimed, pointing out the various flora of route eleven.

"Yes, yes, very nice," Melody muttered, thinking. "I hear those Carnivine sometimes enjoy biting people on the head. How very rude! If you spot any Carnivine anywhere, do not tell me for I do not wish to look upon their rudeness! Teach them to bite my head," Melody paused. "Wait a second. . . . Perfect!" She whirled around and got eye-level with Reed. "If you see any Carnivine, tell me immediately! I shall teach them their manners! This is of the utmost importance, and you cannot shirk this duty less the world fall to barbaric ruin! Do you understand?"

Reed nodded his head, although whether he did so out of a sense of duty or to appease his mentally unstable trainer is not clear.

"Good! Now that that's settled," Melody twisted round to stand up, and as soon as she did something hit her in the face. "Oof!" Melody stumbled backwards a few steps as her attacker flew off.

"Moooooooooothiiiim! Theem! Motheem," the little moth pokémon taunted.

"Excuse me? You get back here right now!" When the Mothim showed no intention of returning, Melody began to pursue it. "Come back here!"

After a few more minutes of running and yelling, Melody was almost caught up with the Mothim. Jazz and Reed ran behind her, struggling to keep up. Jazz shook her head in exasperation whilst Reed held his arms in the air and screeched like a madmonkey.

"YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE MY WRATH! MAY ARCEUS DAMN YOU AND YOUR CHILDRENS' CHILDREN! MAY YOU WRITHE IN AGONY FOR EVERY MOMENT OF YOUR PITIFUL AND INSIGNIFICANT LIFE! MAY A HEATMOR LICK YOU WITH ITS MOLTEN TONGUE AND SEAR YOUR INSIDES! MAY YOU NEVER FEEL HAPPINESS AND BE PLAGUED BY PERPETUAL SORROW!" Melody continued to run, cursing the Mothim in every way she could.

"I. WILL. GET. YOU!" Melody screamed as she lunged at the Mothim. All the Mothim did was chuckle and fly a few inches higher, causing Melody to completely miss him and do a very graceful face plant in the dirt.

"Excuse me! May I ask why you are terrorizing my Mothim?" Melody raised her head, spat out some dirt and saw a boy, maybe around fourteen years old, standing next to the Mothim.

"I," Melody said as she stood and brushed dirt off of her clothes, "demand an apology from that vile, wretched, disgusting knave you call a Mothim."

"What? You want an apology from my Mothim?" the boy asked, incredulous.

"Yes! It is a vile creature and oh-so-very rude," Melody crossed her arms and lifted her chin, appearing as if that explained everything perfectly.

"O-okay? Burmis," the boy stammered as he turned to the Mothim, "apologize to . . . this person for . . . whatever you did."

"Moth. Im. Mothim."

"Very good," Melody stated, looking back at the boy. "Now, I demand to meet your Mothim on the field of battle."

The boy looked even more confused. "A battle? Right here? Now? With you?"

"Yes, a battle. Right here. Now. With me. What, did you think I meant a ballet on the moon next week with a Magikarp?"

"N-no. Um, okay, fine, a battle it is then." The boy took a few steps back, highly exaggerated just so that he may further the distance between him and the psycho. Melody did the same, although with far less exaggerated steps. "Burmis, you're up."

"Jazz, time to make sure this Mothim remembers his manners." Burmis and Jazz both took their positions on their respective sides of the field. "Let's start this off with- . . . oh dear, what are your attacks again? Um, perhaps . . . no, no, not that. Maybe it's . . . no, not that either. Oh," Melody snapped her fingers, acting as if something obvious had just dawned upon her. "Super rainbow tail of death!"

Jazz face pawed while the boy stared at Melody with a confused look.

"Oh . . . that's not a move, is it? Oh well, I suppose we'll have to go with Tackle."

"Burmis, counter with an aerial Tackle of your own!" The two Pokémon ran, or in Burmis's case, flew, towards each other. They collided in the air, creating a massive explosion that ripped trees from the ground and sent the boy hurtling into outer space. A mushroom cloud as tall as a mountain erupted from the ground, and the world literally shook from the force of the impact. Or, at least, this happened in Melody's mind. The real thing was far less exciting.

Burmis spiraled towards the ground as Jazz twisted in the air, landing on her feet. "Now, while it's down! Hyper Beam! Giga Impact! Tackle!" Melody yelled, pointing at the moth Pokémon. Jazz gave a sigh as she ignored the first two commands, jumping onto the Mothim in a full-body Tackle. "FINISH IT!"

"Bug Bite!" Burmis twisted under Jazz and clamped his jaws around Jazz's paw. Jazz yelped and leaped back a few steps, giving Burmis enough breathing room to take flight once more. "Sunny Day!" Burmis tilted his wings towards the sun, began to glow for a moment, and then launched a beam of energy into the sky. The sun's rays seemed to intensify.

"Fire Blast! Aeroblast! Hydro Blast! Tackle Blast!" Jazz decided to interpret the meaning of the last command as 'Tackle,' although she wasn't too sure what was truly going through her trainer's mind. In any event she charged forward and lunged at Burmis.

"Solarbeam!" Just as Jazz was tomake contact, Burmis began to take sunlight in on his wings. They began to glow, and at the very moment that Jazz made contact Burmis released the energy from the supercharged sunlight. There was a flash of white light, a sound of an explosion, and a rush of air as the blast of energy blew outwards.

"Eeveeveevee!" Jazz screamed as she rolled through the air, only stopping when she was slammed into a tree.

"Toxic," the boy stated calmly. Burmis gave a sinister chuckle and then bit Jazz with venomous fangs. Jazz gave another scream of pain as the toxin spread throughout her body.

"Tackle, then Wish!" Jazz pushed off from the tree, kicked Burmis square in the face, and then chanted something towards the sky. A few moments later, while Burmis was still recovering from the sudden kick, Jazz glowed ever so slightly, and Melody could see the difference in her stature. "Now, Roar of Time! Spacial Rend! Shadow Force! Judgement!"

Jazz growled as she leaped through the air. She did not attack Burmis, however, but she instead landed on Melody's head. She then proceeded to slam the poor, misguided trainer's face into the dirt. After which she used Tackle on Burmis once more.

"Venoshock!" Jazz rammed Burmis into the ground and continuously slammed him with her paws. Burmis barely had time to catch his breath, much less attack, but eventually Jazz slowed down from exhaustion, allowing the moth to knock her out with a Venoshock attack.

Melody stood up, spluttering and spitting dirt from her mouth, and recalled Jazz. A moment later she commanded Reed to take his position in front of her. "Lick, followed by Scratch," Melody stated calmly. Reed did as told, running at Burmis with an outstretched tongue and readied claws. As he wrapped his tongue around Burmis's face, he clawed at the moth viciously. After a few seconds Burmis went down, exhausted from his battle with Jazz.

"Burmis, return," the boy sighed. "Well then, I suppose it's time for my trump card. Come on out, Scorpio!" In a flash of white light, a giant scorpion appeared. It took a moment for Melody to identify it as a Drapion. The Drapion, Scorpio, gave a guttural roar before it went completely berserk. It flicked its tail and almost took its trainer's headoff, and then it decided to walk over to the nearest tree, tear it free from the ground and rip it in half. It then threw the two halves of the tree, and Melody was very nearly crushed by one.

With a final loud roar, Scorpio charged off to wreak havoc upon some other unsuspecting individual. "Damn it," the boy muttered, "freaking bug never listens."

"Excuse me," Melody interjected, "what just happened?"

"Oh," the boy blushed as he turned towards her. "That was my . . . Drapion. He's a problem child, to say the least. He was actually a gift from my Dad, but I think that was less for my protection and more for me to prove myself. He probably figured that if I could get Scorpio to listen, I could conquer anything." He turned and looked in the direction the Drapion had ran. "He was probably right, too."

"Okay then," Melody said as Reedwalked around, his tongue still extended. "Would you like some help with capturing him? I mean, before he murders somebody?" Reed climbed onto Melody'shead as she spoke, wrapping his tongue around her face in the perfect glomp! moment.

"Would you, really?" He asked, and Melody nodded. "That would be great, thanks!"

They started to walk, Melody having to recall Reed into his pokéball to stop his weirdness. After a moment, Melody turned to the boy. "Oh! I don't believe I ever caught your name?"

The boy turned to her, "Nathan. Name's Nathan."

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @ Miss Doronjo & Fuyu - Very entertaining post! Kathy- I mean Lynn lol, is hilarious on coffee xD And it's nice to read about Maya and Ethan. You also portrayed and used your pokémon well in this post.

- Flareon grew to lvl 15!
    - Flareon learned
    Ember!

- Pansage grew to lvl 16!
    - Pansage learned
    Leech Seed!

- Marill grew to lvl 10!

- Blackie (Umbreon) grew to lvl 16!

--
    @ Nakuzami - Haha, Melody has got quite the character xD Sounds like she needs that enlightening pokédex rather badly... can't wait to see what she'll do in Feborough ;)

- Jazz (Eevee) grew to lvl 13!

- Reed (Pansage) grew to lvl 13!
    - Reed learned
    Fury Swipes!

Last edited:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Lucas "Luke" Wright
    Adventures in Route 11!​

Ten minutes later, Lucas was outside the shop, grinning as he juggled the six pokeballs he had just bought. After about five minutes of arguing, fighing, and blackmailing later, he had finally bought the pokeballs for only 100 bucks. The only deal had been that Lucas never told anybody about this battle. Poor guy, he didn't know that Lucas had already posted a video of the whole cartoonish situation on the internet before they had made the deal. Lucas decided to keep shut about the video though.

He tossed one pokeball to Leo, who was perched on his shoulder. Leo caught it and placed the pokeball in Lucas's bag. The trainer patted his psychic fox Pokemon, who was walking beside him, praising her for her efforts in the battle. "Nice work, Amethyst. You rock! I'm sorry I put you in such a situation though... I should have known that Psychic Pokemon were a type disadvantage against Ghost pokemon..." He cursed himself for not having enough Pokemon knowledge. Even though he had won the battle, he had won it by barely an inch. That was not good enough for him.

Lucas headed towards the northern route leading out of town. He spotted the huge board in front of him, with "Route 11" written on it in huge letters. He smiled as he passed the board, finally he was going to get out of this town.

As soon as he was out on the route, his jaw almost fell to the ground. The place was absolutely beautiful. There were small Pokemon flying around, buzzing from flower to flower. There were Electrike running around in the open, jumping from place to place chasing these bugs out. In the distance, he could see few large houses with nets at the back. Behind the nets, were small box like things, with yellow colored Bugs flitting in and out of them.

"Combee..." Lucas recognized the Pokemon. He had once seen a documentary on those Pokemon. They were used to make Combee honey which are supposed to be very healthy, tasty and rich in nutrients. According to the documentary there were a lot of these bee farms near this Route. Lucas thought about trying to score some honey from one of these farmers, so he headed towards the nearest Honey Farm he saw.

As soon as he arrived at the Farm's door though, his way was blocked by a young trainer dressed in a Bug Catcher's attire.

"You can't go through! Not until you battle me!" The kid challenged Lucas. Lucas looked at him as if he was crazy. That was definitely not a way to welcome somebody, and it didn't look like the kid was about to budge. It was going to be easy experience for Lucas anyways, so he decided to accept his challenge.

The boy immediately tossed a pokeball on the ground, and a Combee emerged from within. Lucas laughed at this, this was easy. He sent out Leo to quickly end this battle. He waited for the kid to strike first.

"Combee... uh... Tackle!" The Combee rushed towards Leo who quickly managed to sidestep and avoid the slow attack. The Combee crashed into the ground, but managed to quickly dust itself and rush at Leo once more with all it's force. This time it managed to connect as it collided with Leo, but the force made it stumble backwards, hardly doing any damage to Leo. Leo looked at it with his head tilted, as if confused whether the Combee was fighting or playing. This probably insulted both trainer and Pokemon, as they flared up, once again rushing to attack. Leo simply shrugged, and without waiting for Lucas's command, blew a small flame towards the bee.

The flame attacked the yellow Pokemon as it went down trying to extinguish the flames, but couldn't manage to survive that attack. It fainted, a confused look on his face, as the trainer kept yelling at the fallen Combee, but obviously nothing happened. He picked up his Pokemon gently, sniffing, disappointed with both his and his Combee's performance, and glared at Lucas. He eventually calmed down though, and signalled Lucas to come in. Lucas did a small fist pump, and walked in after him, Leo on his shoulder, grinning.

The first thought that struck Lucas when he walked in was, "Wow... so old fashioned. Yet so awesome!" It seemed like a salon right out of an old cowboy movie. He smiled, as a burly middle aged man dressed in blue overalls approached him. He had dark brown hair, with a thick, bushy mustache on his old, rugged face. He looked at Lucas with a smile, as he said, "So, you're the kid who defeated my son, huh?"

Lucas saw the little kid peeping from behind the man's legs. Lucas nodded slowly, and the man gave a hearty laugh in reply. "Thanks for helping my son out, he's a shy one. So, what can I do for you?" He said, not letting the smile slip from his face. He seemed to be a cheery one according to Lucas, not one whom he would probably see frowning.

"Oh, I, uh... just saw the bee farm and wanted to well, check it out." Lucas said, a bit nervous putting his request forth. The man paused for a moment, then replied.

"Hm, okay. I can do that. Just be careful outside, I don't want any trouble, alright?" Lucas nodded, excited to see the farm close up. The man, along with his son, led him to a back door in his house and into his backyard, where he saw a huge open area with those black netted boxes, and bees hovering here and there. The whole area was covered, to make sure the Combee didn't escape, but there was a small opening at the back, which led into a thick forest of sorts.

The first thing Lucas noticed though, was a dark grayish Pokemon with a few tufts of bright yellow fur. Also at his feet, lying near the house was another electric blue colored Pokemon, sleeping peacefully. Seeing Lucas's confused expression, the man said, "That's Manectric, right there." He pointed to the Pokemon running in the field, pursuing stray bugs from hurting the Combee and stealing honey. "And that's Strike, right there." He turned his finger toward the sleeping Pokemon, whose ear twitched upon hearing his name. "He's an Electrike. A healthy one at that. He's the Manectric's son."

Lucas looked at them, dazed. He was pretty curious and excited about everything he was seeing right in front of him, amazing stuff. Everything was so new and so different from the old Januvale town. He felt amazed that he had never seen such things in his life ever before.

"My name's Ivan, by the way." The man said, his arms crossed across his chest. Lucas broke out of his trance, and looked at him, as he introduced himself as well. "Lucas, eh? Well, you are free to roam around. Just don't cause any trouble, okay?"

Lucas nodded, and walked away into the backyard. For a few moments, he looked at the Combee and the Manectric, buzzing here and there. A few times, a few Combee would come and hover in front of him. They seemed to smile, but as soon as Lucas would extend a hand towards them, they would retreat and fly away swiftly. The peaceful moment was finally broken by a lady, who looked similar to Ivan. She was probably his wife. She had a small tray in her hands, with a glass of orange liquid in it.

"Orange juice, my dear. Very refreshing." She said, and Lucas picked it up, muttering his thanks and gulped it down in a single sip. Meanwhile, the woman looked at the monkey who had been sitting on his shoulder all along. "Oh, and you! Aren't you a healthy monkey!" She said. "Would you like a small treat?" She dug deep into her pocket, and fished out a rather squishy blue colored berry, and handed it to Leo, who greedily grabbed it. Lucas seemed to find the find the berry quite familiar, and it took him a moment to process what it was. His eyes turned wide, as he yelled out to stop her.

"NO, THATS--" But he couldn't complete his sentence. It was too late, Leo had quickly gobbled down the berry, and had now started to buzz rapidly. The woman backed off in surprise, as the monkey jumped into the air with a huge 'Wheeeeee' and started yelling, and doing, well... monkey business. He ran everywhere, thrashing the netted boxes, tackling Combee. The Manectric looked pretty surprised as well, as he himself kept his distance, not wanting to pounce on this crazy Pokemon.

"What is he doing?! STOP HIM!" The woman yelled at Lucas. Now, how could he? Feeding Leo an Oran berry had itself been a big mistake. He ran towards Leo, and pounced on him, only to miss and land right on his face. By this time, Ivan had burst out of the house, hearing the whole commotion. He stared at Leo, who continued on his rampage of the Bee Farm. Ivan signalled to his Manectric, who finally started to give chase to the Pokemon. But as soon as he reached the Pokemon, Leo let out a breath of flame, and set fire to one of the netted boxes.

It was total chaos by then. Nobody could figure out what was happening when. Ivan and his wife rushed to extinguish the flames, the Manectric tried to control the Combee from running away in their panic, and the stray bugs who had their eyes on the honey finally decided this was the time to act, as they quickly entered the farm, stealing as much honey as they could.

Lucas could do nothing as he simply stood in one spot at stared blankly at the flames. Leo came back rushing towards him, and Lucas quickly jumped on him, stopping him in his tracks. That's when Lucas saw it, a flash of red and green disappearing into the forest at the back. He got up, holding Leo in his arms and looked around, noticing that Strike the Electrike was gone. He immediately gave chase, rushing into the forest, while the owners did their best to douse the flames.

Luckily for Lucas, the path into the forest was a clear cut one. It was straight, and a pathway was easily noticeable, as he rushed straight towards the place where the green Pokemon had gone to. He followed the small pawprints in the damp soil, and finally emerged in a bright glade a few metres away from the farm. The glade was absolutely beautiful, with a small spring in the middle with sparkling water in it. The surrounding would have been calming, if there hadn't been an ugly battle taking place right in the middle.

Strike was battling a small bright orange Pokemon, who seemed to have honey dripping from it's arms. It had huge blue eyes, and was hovering in the air, trying to keep his distance from the Electrike's electric sparks trying to attack it. Lucas stared at them for a second, and even Leo managed to calm down and look at the battle enfolding right in front of him. Once the Electrike managed to get close, the orange Pokemon glared, and immediately launched a punch aimed right at it's face. The punch connected well, with bright stars flying as the Electrike fell onto the ground with a yelp. He immediately got back up though, and launched itself at it again, and this time the bug was slow to react. Strike managed to bite hard on it's wings, and this time the bug fell onto the ground with a thud.

By then, Lucas had decided. Both of these Pokemon HAD to be his. There was absolutely no doubt in his mind. He put Leo back on the ground, and got Amethyst out of her pokeball. It was probably going to end up as a 3 way battle, but as soon as the two fighting Pokemon saw the human, they stopped fighting. They got up on their feet, not letting the trainer get out of their sight. Then, as if they had been having a silent conversation, they both nodded at each other, and entered a combat stance, looking at the human.

"Ah. So they think I'm the bigger threat here... great." So it was 2 on 2, a Double battle. Fair enough, Lucas thought, as he prepared himself mentally for the battle that was to come. He spoke to his 2 Pokemon, "Okay guys... 2 on 2, you're gonna have to coordinate and fight, alright?" He said seriously, and the Pokemon nodded, ready for anything they were going to have to face.

They finally turned around, ready to face the opposition. The two opponents decided to attack first, as the bug launched a starry punch at Leo, and the Electrike attacked Amethyst with a Tackle. Leo being a faster Pokemon, easily evaded the punch from the bug, but Amethyst wasn't so luckily. She got hit directly, falling to her knees due to the attack. The little Electrike was strong, but the trainer wasn't ready to admit defeat so easily. Amethyst got back up, ready to fight once more.

"Alright, Leo, Amethyst, both of you attack Strike!" Lucas yelled. He had decided that the electric Pokemon was the stronger of the lot, and deserved more attention. Both his Pokemon pounced on Strike, tackling him and biting him. Amethyst used a Psyshock on it, causing the Electrike to stumble down. The Electrike was unable to move at all, his energy was slowly being chipped away by the two strong Pokemon. Strike cried out for the bug to help him out, but the bug just smiled, and started to hover away from the battle.

That's when the Pokemon lost it. He burst out, knocking both Amethyst and Leo backwards, and charged towards the bug. The bug didn't even come to know as Strike leaped up and cleanly grabbed hold of it's wings with his jaw. Both Pokemon tumbled on the ground with a loud thud, and the two of them began to wrestle among themselves. This was the perfect moment, Lucas thought, for him to strike and get both of the Pokemon together.

"Go, give 'em all that you've got!" Lucas ordered, and once again, the two pokemon dashed ahead and collided with the two wild Pokemon. What followed was a mass of flailing limbs, blasts of a few energy and a lot of painful grunts, as Lucas couldn't figure out who was fighting whom. Finally, as the dust settled down, all four Pokemon were still standing, panting very hard. But it seemed as if it was the Electrike who was the most weakest. The one who seemed the least effected was the bug, who seemed to have not even got a scratch. Both of Lucas's Pokemon had quite a few bruises. It seemed like Strike's bite had done a bit of damage to the bug's wings, which made sure it couldn't fly. But that didn't stop him from trying to escape. The bug tried to wobble away, but Strike immediately pounced on him, trying to keep him down, but the bug immediately blasted a starry punch on Strike's jaw. Strike fell back but Leo got ready, as a he blew a huge blast of fire towards the bug.

To be continued...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @ -DeepImpact- - Well written post! I hope the continuation comes soon, but this post alone deserves some levels.

- Leo (Pansear) grew to lvl 15!

- Amethyst (Espeon) grew to lvl 14!

Area: Route 10

261zotf.jpg

Setting: In comparison to Route 11, Route 10 is a lot more open. In some places it's pretty flat but in other places there are hills that look like waves through the landscape. There are only some clusters of trees by the roadside, otherwise the whole route - flat or hillside - is clad in farms and fields with arable land. Corn, rice and many other things are sown here and are then sold in Feborough or shipped for production in Marshall City or places even further away.

In the middle of the route, there is a tiny village simply called Cornside Village with a few houses, a small inn and a flower shop. Being situated rather close to two bigger towns, Feborough Town and Marshall City, it hasn't grown very much and probably never will.

The pokémon living here are mostly owned by farmers. Mareep, Miltank, Tauros, Hoppip... there are many kinds who thrive here. Trainers on the route include rough farmer kids, hearty farmer grown-ups, fine flower loving ladies and the occasional odd traveler. Of course all farming is done with the help of pokémon rather than with machines, even though some rich farmers can afford them and use them mostly to show off.

When you've passed Cornside Village, you can also run into some special trainers. They are Knight Guards from Marshall City, patrolling the countryside to keep order. Since these parts of Arcanum are very friendly, it's mostly a traditional thing - as is their clothing. They keep one pokémon each as traditional partners and they are often battling trainers on Route 10, more to entertain than to actually get some exercise out of it.

39.png

Story: At some point on route 10, an Absol suddenly stops in its pace and looks down at the one it's been following, from afar. Absol are rare pokémon, associated with bad luck or tragedies. Just as it seems like the human has noticed the white and brown pokémon, it jumps away and goes back into its stealthy hiding.

359e.png
    dptr036.png

In Cornside Village, there is a teenage farmer's daughter named Kriki Ko who wants to become a trainer. She owns a lot of Miltanks and Tauros that she's been given by her parents, but she wants other pokémon. For days, she's been eagerly asking travelers who come through the tiny village if they want to trade one of their pokémon for a Tauros or Miltank of equal level from her. She's asking for much - she wants a pokémon that has not been captured on route 10.

Mission: Travel through Route 10 to reach Marshall City, which is the first bigger city you'll encounter and also the first place to have an Arena that you can challenge... if that is something you aim to do.

You don't have to see the Absol. The important part is that it watches you for a brief moment. You can either write about that or skip it completely.

Cornside Village is really small so we won't treat it as a town. There is no pokémon center and no things to buy except for food, lodging and... flowers. And there is Kriki Ko. If you want a Tauros or Miltank, you have to trade her one of the pokémon you captured before Route 10.

The Knight Guards are normally friendly and happy and not at all feared by the people. It was a long time ago since they actually had to stand up and fight for something.

Pokémon available for capture: (Levels 12-14)
    Their evolutions and prevolutions can be seen but are generally more rare and you won't manage to capture them.

180.png
    Flaafy
    Are kept at farms, but some live in the wild.
    - Tackle
    - Growl
    - Thundershock
    - Thunder Wave

188.png
    Skiploom
    Are kept at farms, but some live in the wild.
    - Splash
    - Synthesis
    - Tail Whip
    - Tackle
    - Poisonpowder
    - Stun Spore

446.png
    Munchlax
    Some are kept as pets, but mostly wild ones cause trouble for farmers.
    - Odor Sleuth
    - Tackle
    - Defense Curl
    - Amnesia
    - Lick
    - Charm

434.png
    Stunky
    Are generally kind but shunned because of the smell they release when threatened.
    - Scratch
    - Focus Energy
    - Poison Gas
    - Screech
    - Fury Swipes
    - Smokescreen

198-f.png
    Murkrow
    Flies about and steals food at nighttime.
    - Peck
    - Astonish
    - Pursuit
    - Haze

021.png
    Spearow
    Flies about and steals food at daytime.
    - Peck
    - Growl
    - Leer
    - Fury Attack
    - Pursuit

152.png
    Chikorita
    Are kept at the farms, but some live in the wild.
    - Tackle
    - Growl
    - Razor Leaf
    - Poisonpowder
    - Synthesis

498.png
    Tepig
    Are kept at the farms, but some live in the wild.
    - Tackle
    - Tail Whip
    - Ember
    - Odor Sleuth
    - Defense Curl

258.png
    Mudkip
    Lives in the ponds that the farmers keep.
    - Tackle
    - Growl
    - Mud Slap
    - Water Gun

You must post at least once on route 10.

You may interact with the other players, but only via joint posting (a post that you create together, most often via PM forth and back).

You can't reach Marshall City just yet, but you may go forth and back to Feborough and Januvale if you wish.

Last edited:

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
  • "I accept your offer, Stand-Man." The other kid said to Tai, licking blood from his hand. Then he turned to his Panpour and said. "So, I didn't know that you had a brother?" Did this guy actually understand Pokémon

"I'm not working with that. That. Wild! Kid!" Kitaru yelled at Tai while the other kid was talking to his Panpour, seemingly understanding his Pokémon completely. "Look he bit me!" Kitaru added showing a bite mark on his left arm. He unintentionally showed off the mark on his wrist to anyone watching carefully, he hastily covered his wrist again and hoped that Tai hadn't noticed. It seemed that he hadn't.

"Tough luck." Tai said trying his best not to break out in a grin, this guy was enjoying making Kitaru work hard for a slight discount, most likely because he wanted him to pay full price. Next to him the wild kid had stopped talking to his Pokémon and was looking concerned at Kitaru.

"What!?" Kitaru asked, then shook his head. "I'm sorry if we are going to be working together we should at least introduce our selves properly. I am Kitaru Chida." Kitaru bowed after saying his name, it wasn't a deep bow but it was barely enough to not be an insult, formalities were not something Kitaru enjoyed. "Call me Chida." As with most Arcanians he used his family name apart from when dealing with people who knew him well. "And you are?"

(OOC: Short post, I'm sorry. I struggle more with making long posts involving heavy interaction, I get stuck on what to do with out bunnying as I enjoy trying to respond to as many events happening as possible. So with your permission(Red) and Mr. Mammoths help could I please make the next post a joint post.)

Back