• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I have another question. How do you create new POKEMON types and moves? I found one of the fun game with new POKEMON type "Light" and "Virus" but don't know how these were added into the game.

If you want to know, here's the list of the different hex codes, on poccil's website: RS Attack Functions.

If you want to have DP or custom move effects, you'll have to learn to script.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
for the moves, go to the moves.txt file, and put it in there, the note.html file tells you how, also, there is a hex number (which are actually letters like ab, ac,ad) that go with the move, now go to the PokeBattle_move file in the script editor, and put in PokeBattle_Move_?? (where ?? is the new moves hex number). and walla. you have a new move.

for the type: in the script editor go to PBTypes, it says how to do it there, all you really do is add a new type number, a new type coll, and a new type row, it tells you how to in the file, so if you get confused just read the comment lines, and if that doesn't work, ask us here :D , and i THINK you have to add a new type block in the image file fore it. (that just means adding a picture), it's really easy to edit this one, and when your done with that, TODA! new type.

Thank you for this help, I do appreciate it very much. However, I know nothing about how to add that picture and I wonder if the game will crush if I don't add a block picture. Can you please tell me how to make that picture?

Last edited:
Years
EDIT: It stopped doing it. Thanks.
Now, one more dumbarse question:
How do I set up an event for starter Pokemon?

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

set up an event.
last page is script
do that one.
then type in pbAddPokemon(X,Y)
X= pokemon number
Y= its level

Years
please read the notes. it's very simple.
set up an event.
last page is script
do that one.
then type in pbAddPokemon(X,Y)
X= pokemon number
Y= its level
Thanks.

Checked the notes, this wasn't there:
---------------------------

Pokemon Essentials
---------------------------
Exception: ArgumentError

PokeBattle_Battle:352:in `initialize'

PokemonField:382:in `new'

PokemonField:382:in `pbWildBattle'

PokemonField:688:in `pbOnStepTaken'

Game_Player*:623:in `update_old'

Walk/Run:57:in `update'

Scene_Map:100:in `update'

Scene_Map:97:in `loop'

Scene_Map:110:in `update'

Scene_Map:66:in `main'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

This is before I can even exit my house. How do I fix it?

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

it's saying that you can't battle a pokemon cuz you dont have any.
so that error will disappear once you get a pokemon.
( that should only happen in the grass)

EDIT: i jsut read that bottom part. go edit the encounters text in the pbs folder. then whatever that map is should be deleted.

Years
that's cause that's an error.
it's saying that you can't battle a pokemon cuz you dont have any.
so that error will disappear once you get a pokemon.
( that should only happen in the grass)

EDIT: i jsut read that bottom part. go edit the encounters text in the pbs folder. then whatever that map is should be deleted.

So, do I wipe that document clean then?

Atomic Reactor

ok. find out what the name of that map is.
then go to the encounter notepad in PBS folder.
find that name of the map and delete that section of it.

Atomic Reactor

Is there a way to bring up a naming screen for a rival?

Jirbytaylor

is too lazy to make a new ava
Years
yep no problem ^_^

Is there a way to bring up a naming screen for a rival?

I'm looking into that now myself. I tried something similar to what is said in the readme:
$game_variables[26] = pbEnterText("Gary",1,7)

But I got an error. I'm experimenting now as to another way.

On a side note "pbEnterText("Gary",1,7)" alone brings up a naming screen but I don't think you can then access the "Gary" variable when it's called "Gary".

pbEnterText($game_variables[26],1,7) causes an error if you're thinking of using that.

EDIT: See this post. [address]showthread.php?p=3287519&highlight=rival#post3287519
dang you 15 psot limit. i_i

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

well, i havn't really taken a look at the notes so i can't say much..

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Thank you for this help, I do appreciate it very much. However, I know nothing about how to add that picture and I wonder if the game will crush if I don't add a block picture. Can you please tell me how to make that picture?

it's actually easy, open the image that has the types on it (it's all one image) make it a little bigger so that it can fit a new type bar in it, copy a type bar into that spot, and edit it, if you still can't do it, then pm me with the new types (and there numbers) and i will do it for you (and send you the image file)

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
AtomicReactor, Jirbytaylor:

It came to my attention that the example in the documentation is wrong. It should read:

Code:
$game_variables[25]=
pbEnterText(_INTL("Rival's name?"),1,7,"RIVAL")

In addition, the error is caused by a bug in the name entry system if "OK" is selected when no text was entered. I have just fixed that bug.

Last edited:

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
it's actually easy, open the image that has the types on it (it's all one image) make it a little bigger so that it can fit a new type bar in it, copy a type bar into that spot, and edit it, if you still can't do it, then pm me with the new types (and there numbers) and i will do it for you (and send you the image file)

I appreciate your help very much. I already sent a pm to you about the description of the three new types. Have a good day, man!

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
If anyone could possible tell me how to move the position of a trainers pokemon in the battle system, because I have successfully moved the players pokemon and wild pokemon to look appropriate in my resized screen size but for some reason trainers pokemon did not move along with the wild pokemon as I had hoped. So if anyone could tell me the line of script where the position numbers are found that would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance.

Jirbytaylor

is too lazy to make a new ava
Years
Are there any advantages to using Map Connecting over creating a copy of part of a map and using normal player transfer to make the maps seem connected?
I'd assume there'd be more lag with Map Connecting than the other method, especially once you have many overworld areas.

Also has anyone else noticed (or believe to have noticed) that when adding Town Map locations, some of them disappear? Is there a limit to map points?

Atomic Reactor

yeah, map connections are a lot easier... trust me <_<
i tried that a long time ago. it sucked.
do you have the latest version of the SK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back