• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    This is just a little question but what do I need to delete when making a new game? I already know about maps and encounter data because I redo them later.

well, apart from them, the connections data is about it. you could delete the trainers data, but you don't need to.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Glitchfinder's method wouldn't work anyway, as the $Trainer.owned array is an array of true/false flags, not numbers.

SSD: Have you made sure the tile you start on is passable?

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
    Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    where is the terrain tags info held? i imported another tileset and the terrain tag info doesn't seem to save for the tileset. would it be possible to manually edit terrain tag info?

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    where is the terrain tags info held? i imported another tileset and the terrain tag info doesn't seem to save for the tileset. would it be possible to manually edit terrain tag info?

how did you import the tileset? the best way to get the tileset over to a new project is to copy the tileset image from one folder to the new one, then open 2 rmxp's, in one of them open the old project, and in the other open the new one, then go to the editors (in both,) add a new tileset to the new project, go to the old one, copy the tileset there, and paist it into the new one.

but i would like to know where the terrain tags are defined as well, i want to creat a new one, but can't find them.

Last edited:

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
    Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    i wasn't trying to upgrade the starter kit. i simply imported the tileset the normal rpgmxp way, from my desktop to my game by the materialbase in rpgmxp.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
  • well the data that shows if its passable how it reacts and stuff is in the data base under tools. and yes wichu it is passable and i check the other passages and they are good to. wonder if it has something to do with just my computer bacause i cant even move the arrow in the beggining. ill ask omega to test it out later though thankz anyways

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    well the data that shows if its passable how it reacts and stuff is in the data base under tools. and yes wichu it is passable and i check the other passages and they are good to. wonder if it has something to do with just my computer bacause i cant even move the arrow in the beggining. ill ask omega to test it out later though thankz anyways

well, check the clear tiles over that spot, or see if there is an event near by that might have a wait command in it. (the clear tiles might be from somewhere else in the tileset, and not the one in the uper right hand corner)

Last edited:

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
    Years
  • Like I said in the first case, it's already done. If Im not wrong and according to the following part of the PokemonRegionMap script :

Spoiler:

the change of region map will be done automatically according to the area where the player is.
    So if u have done your townmap.txt correctly, all should work fine...

But I can be wrong, but that's what I understood of this script at first glance.

so after they get the second region map it will change automactily ok. thanks alot.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
    • Age 28
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 7, 2022
    I have two questions. 1) how do you make map connections (for example how do make route.1 connect to route. two)?

2)whats the script that allows the player to choose a pokeball with a pokemon inside and shows the picture of the pokemon and lets the player keep it like when you choose a starter on firered/leafgreen?

sorry if these questions sound noobish.

Curt200718

Intermediate Game Developer
    Years
  • These are simple questions that are answered by simply reading over the Notes.html but since ima nice guy :

1) Map Connections - Open your project folder, go to PBS Folder, Open Connections.txt.....
    First you need to know the ID's of the maps to be connected..just click on your map and on the bottom bar it will tell you the : Map ID - Name of Map - Size

Sample Code : # (1) Town 1 - (2) Route 1
    Sample Code : 1,North,0,2,South,0
    The numbers 1 and 2 represent the ID of the maps
    North and South Represents which side its connected to (North=top,South=Bottom,East=left,West=Right)
    The 0's represent how the maps are lined up (Check notes for more details)

2) I don't Believe this is a script.....you use simple events to set that up.

Last edited:
    Years
  • 2)whats the script that allows the player to choose a pokeball with a pokemon inside and shows the picture of the pokemon and lets the player keep it like when you choose a starter on firered/leafgreen?

It's not a script, u have to do it by yourself in an event. Search in this post, some have ask how to do it before and they have got answers.

Edit : just do three separates events, on each u put the images of the pokemons and u put a choice "Do u want this pokemon" with an answer yes or no. Create also a second page for each event depending of a switch "Pokemon obtained". When the answer to "do u want this pokemon" is a yes, u have to give the pokemon with the script command Kernel.pbAddPokemonAndBall(PBSpecies::YOURPOKEMONNAME,HISLEVEL, POKEMONNUMBERINPOKEDEX) and u have to activate the switch "Pokemon obtained" so the player will not be able to take the other pokemons.

Last edited:

Luke128th

These days shall pass...
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    Okay, I gots a problem. I tried to edit Lickitung's evolution and it gave me an error saying that the game doesn't read the pokemon.txt file. Is there something wrong with the way I'm doing the evolution? BTW I'm using a level-up evolution.

EDIT:I'm so stupid! I wasn't using the proper code! So nevermind at my question.

Last edited:

fudgy

so i herd you liek mudkipz?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    ok on the RPG xp site, the program link is gone :( can some one hook me up with the latest version of pokestart/rpg xp :( my borther unistalled it.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    ok on the RPG xp site, the program link is gone :( can some one hook me up with the latest version of pokestart/rpg xp :( my borther unistalled it.

... go to the first page of this topic, click on poccil's signatures (the link that says "pokemon essentials" ) on that page, you will see the download link.

hey, does anyone know how to let someone pick an items (like in th pbChooseItem screen) and store that choice in a variable?

fudgy

so i herd you liek mudkipz?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    well i ned to know what the latest version number is... so i can dl it from download.com er something -_-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back