• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
    Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    I'm planning to make Castform change sprites in any weather condition. Do I need to edit pbForecast to do that? Or I'll add a script section to PokemonUtilities?

It took me months to think deeply what to do with that.

i believe that wichu put together a multiple form script for castform and others. although, i haven't seen a release of the script yet. :(

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
    Years
    i believe that wichu put together a multiple form script for castform and others. although, i haven't seen a release of the script yet. :(

I think he's busy with Amethyst, that's why. (I think I'll re-upload some alternate form sprites...) I like to try to modify and make my own, but I have low disk space--I can't backup my entire game and I'm scared of modifying it to the point that my game won't run properly, and make me start from the very beginning.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023

I did make a script for multiple forms; however, it doesn't include Castform's transformations. It's for Deoxys and similar Pokémon, such as Shellos or Rotom.

Years
    I am getting this error, but I don't get how I can fix it :/

---------------------------
    Pokémon: ONM Edition
    Exception: RuntimeError

File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 17, key WildItemRare

Compiler:1953:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'

Compiler:1936:in `each_line'

Compiler:1936:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'

Compiler:1974:in `pbEachFileSection'

Compiler:2175:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2173:in `open'

Compiler:2173:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2869:in `pbCompileAllData'

Compiler:2940

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
    Well, I misunderstood your question. You shouldn't get too personal; and I wasn't "judging a book by its cover", I simply thought you were new because I thought your question was about transparency. Sorry.

No, I'm the one who should be apologizing.Im sorry.I'm just having an awful time with adding new npcs.Every place I go,the npcs are on sprite sheets and need to be cut and made seperate,but its hard .The thing is they must be made 128 by 256 in order to work,but they are not.When I streach it to 128 by 256
    they mess up.I need help.How can I get npcs that will work and be normal onto rpgxp.Is there an easier way than cutting and streaching that wont come to a messy outcome.Or is there a website that gives seperate 128 by 256 NPCS that will work?I try using spriters reasorce but the only have sprite sheets with like a hundred small npcs attached to it.can someone help?

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
    Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    No, I'm the one who should be apologizing.Im sorry.I'm just having an awful time with adding new npcs.Every place I go,the npcs are on sprite sheets and need to be cut and made seperate,but its hard .The thing is they must be made 128 by 256 in order to work,but they are not.When I streach it to 128 by 256
    they mess up.I need help.How can I get npcs that will work and be normal onto rpgxp.Is there an easier way than cutting and streaching that wont come to a messy outcome.Or is there a website that gives seperate 128 by 256 NPCS that will work?I try using spriters reasorce but the only have sprite sheets with like a hundred small npcs attached to it.can someone help?

i've personally run into this stretching problem myself. the only solution i've come up with is to manually double the size, pixel by pixel. if anybody knows a program that could enlarge sprites pixel by pixel, instead of stretching, that'd be awesome.

Years
    This probably seems like a really stupid questoin, but what is the script event that calls the Pokémon Centre. As in, PBPokemonMart calls the pre made pokémart - so how do call the pokemon center >.<

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am having a problem with rock smash!

Help me!

If I did not explain enough please tell me.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2021
    how come the terrain tag 13 doesn't work? it's been bugging me because i can't make a bridge. please anyone help me. n thanx OG for the screen resizing thing.

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
    Years
    .wysiwyg { PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; BACKGROUND: #f5f5ff; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 5px 10px 10px; FONT: 10pt tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; COLOR: #000000; PADDING-TOP: 0px } .wysiwyg A:link { COLOR: #22229c } .wysiwyg_alink { COLOR: #22229c } .wysiwyg A:visited { COLOR: #22229c } .wysiwyg_avisited { COLOR: #22229c } .wysiwyg A:hover { COLOR: #ff4400 } .wysiwyg A:active { COLOR: #ff4400 } .wysiwyg_ahover { COLOR: #ff4400 } P { MARGIN: 0px } .inlineimg { VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle }
    This probably seems like a really stupid questoin, but what is the script event that calls the Pokémon Centre. As in, PBPokemonMart calls the pre made pokémart - so how do call the pokemon center >.<

Call this script first: Kernel.pbSetPokemonCenter
    Then make some text like " Welcome to the Pokémon Center.. ect"
    then call the following

and also make a second page like this one:

Help me!

Tell some more, is it something like you can't use it or you can even if you don't have the correct badge, this sentence doesn't contain enough information to help:P

PoKéMaKeR

DE5PA1R

Intermediate Developer
    Years
    Hey, guys. I just got this program a couple of days ago and have been messing around on it. I ran into a very basic problem that's probably easily remedied. Unfortunately, I'm still a newb in the programming/mapping department.

I made a simple overworld map. I have not changed the terrain tags. When the player approaches certain houses, he stops like he should when hitting a solid object. However, when approaching other houses, he walks right over them. The houses are on the same layers and have the same terrain tags (0).

Likewise, the player can walk on top of fences but not signs (whether they have an event or not). What's my problem?

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
    Years
    Hey, guys. I just got this program a couple of days ago and have been messing around on it. I ran into a very basic problem that's probably easily remedied. Unfortunately, I'm still a newb in the programming/mapping department.

I made a simple overworld map. I have not changed the terrain tags. When the player approaches certain houses, he stops like he should when hitting a solid object. However, when approaching other houses, he walks right over them. The houses are on the same layers and have the same terrain tags (0).

Likewise, the player can walk on top of fences but not signs (whether they have an event or not). What's my problem?

You haven't changed the passabillity of those houses, you have to make them unpassable, else you keep this problem ofcourse :P

PoKéMaKeR

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013

Help me!

When I try to use rock smash the following text is shown:
    This rock appears breakable. Would you like to use Rock Smash?
    Yes
    No
    (If yes)
    ???????? used Rock Smash.

Then this error comes up:

Pokemon Essentials

(eval):2:in `pbExecuteScript'undefined local variable or method `pbRockSmashRandomEncounter' for #<Interpreter:0x5116518>

Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1615:in `eval'

Interpreter:1615:in `command_355'

Interpreter:467:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:195:in `update'

Scene_Map:100:in `update'

Scene_Map:98:in `loop'

Interpreter:250:in `pbExecuteScript'

Scene_Map:111:in `update'

Scene_Map:67:in `main'

OK

If you want a screenshot I can make one.

Why is your name ????????

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
    Years
    When I try to use rock smash the following text is shown:
    This rock appears breakable. Would you like to use Rock Smash?
    Yes
    No
    (If yes)
    ???????? used Rock Smash.

Then this error comes up:

Pokemon Essentials

(eval):2:in `pbExecuteScript'undefined local variable or method `pbRockSmashRandomEncounter' for #<Interpreter:0x5116518>

Interpreter:1615:in `eval'

Interpreter:250:in `pbExecuteScript'

Scene_Map:111:in `update'

Scene_Map:67:in `main'

OK

If you want a screenshot I can make one.

Why is your name ????????

mmm strange, about the error the ????? thing is because of you playing in the editor Poccil added something that make you able to use all HM's even if you don't have the right badge or pokemon, but about the error I would like to have a screenshot from your event from the rocksmash so I could help'

PoKéMaKeR

Edit: "Why is your name ????????" you mean my name?

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2012
    Please help-me with 2 questions.

ok guys i noticed something and wanted to know if it was just me....I downloaded the new version anyway when ever my poke grow's a level during test play and it shows the how much the stats went up, the defense stat is on the line below it....anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it..im gonna attemp to inlude a screenshot..not sure how exactly

Here it is if it works >>:

Later Guyz and Galz

with me too!!!!
    how can I fix this?

and

I would like to know how to choose the attacks by a wild Pokémon.
    Example:

pbWildBattle (
    :: PBSpecies: LUGIA, 50.1)

she had wanted the attacks: RECOVER, GUST, Safeguard and ROAR.

How I do that?

Please help! I need very much this!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back