• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
  • Search for "wild pokemon" and "trback" respectively.

We're happy to help you if you have any problems, but seriously, we can't keep telling you how to change very basic things that are covered in the notes. Try to be more independent.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2009
    sorry here ,I am quite new at using Pokemon starter kit. Dont really know that there are help(note).

I am sorry to ask you this but I cant find this in the note(help). I am making a game similar to PokemonYellow version where Pikachu follows the character but when it lost in battle , it will disappear. I use a script something similar to this pbAddDependency2(@event_id,"Brawly",2) which enable me to have Pikachu following me . After this , I have no idea how to link it so that when Pikachu lose in battle , it will disappear.

Last edited:

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
    Years
  • Yo poccil i was thinking of this places in my game the looks like a fountain that restores your pokemon health once i touch it. how can i make this happen.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • Oh ok . Does it mean that it is impossible to make something like Pokemon yellow in this kit?

Not at all! With some scripting, it's sound really quite doable. You could ask around for someone to help you script it or read up on RGSS yourself, but what you're doing doesn't sound too tricky.

@ross61: Just use Recover All in the third event tab. That's it.

@ryanhead: Don't get impatient, someone will get to your question eventually. I think you've missed a field in pokemon.txt related to your custom Pokemon - probably Rareness, which controls the catch rate. Make sure you've added all fields required:

# Name - Name of the Pokemon.
    # InternalName - Internal name of the Pokemon.
    # Kind - The kind of Pokemon.
    # RegionalNumbers - The order of this Pokemon in one or more regional Pokedexes; for example, Treecko is number 1 in the Hoenn Pokedex. This is a comma-separated list of numbers. If at least one of the numbers is 0, then a species doesn't exist in at least one regional Pokedex. This setting is optional. To manipulate regional and national Pokedex numbers, use the functions pbAllRegionalSpecies, pbGetNationalNumber, and pbGetRegionalNumber in the script section PokemonUtilities. See the comments within those functions for more information.
    # Pokedex - Description of the Pokemon as shown in the Pokedex.
    # Color - Body color of the Pokemon. One of Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Black, Brown, Purple, Gray, White, Pink.
    # Type1 - Type 1 of the Pokemon. Required.
    # Type2 - Type 2 of the Pokemon. If this is omitted, this Pokemon has a single type.
    # Height - Height in meters, rounded to the nearest tenth of a meter.
    # Weight - Weight in kilograms, rounded to the nearest tenth of a kilogram.
    # GenderRate - Gender rate of the Pokemon. One of FemaleOneEighth, Female25Percent, Female50Percent, Female75Percent, AlwaysMale, AlwaysFemale, or Genderless.
    # BaseStats - Base stats of the Pokemon for HP, Attack, Defense, Speed, Special Attack, and Special Defense. A comma-separated list of six numbers, each ranging from 0 through 255.
    # Rareness - Catch rate. A higher number means the species is easier to catch.
    # BaseEXP - Base experience. A higher number means more experience is gained when the species is defeated.
    # Happiness - Starting happiness when caught. Normally equal to 70.
    # GrowthRate - Growth rate. One of Fast, Medium, Slow, Parabolic, Erratic, or Fluctuating.
    # StepsToHatch - Number of steps required before egg hatches. Should be a multiple of 256.
    # WildItemCommon - Item commonly found in this species in the wild.
    # WildItemRare - Item rarely found in this species in the wild.
    # Compatibility - Compatibility with other species for breeding purposes. A comma-separated list of two numbers. If either number is 15, this species cannot breed.
    # EffortPoints - Effort values for HP, Attack, Defense, Speed, Special Attack, and Special Defense, earned when the species is defeated. A comma-separated list of six numbers, each ranging from 0 through 3.
    # Abilities - One or two abilities possible for this species.
    # Moves - Third-generation moves learned by this species by gaining levels. This is a comma-separated list consisting of pairs of move-level entries.
    # Evolutions - Evolved forms of this species. This is a comma-separated list consisting of triples of entries, where the first is the evolved form, the second is the evolution type, and the third is data that depends on the evolution type.

Last edited:

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • @ross61:

rossfn2.png

Poccil recently added support for using Recover All it in one of the latest versions.

@PokeBud: I understand what you're trying to do but you never told us what your problem actually was.

PokeBud

Pokemon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Oh uhh foregotten uhh I get a error

This is the error in the test game

Exception: TypeError
    BitmapCache:171:in `+'
    BitmapCache:171:in `load_bitmap'
    BitmapCache:235:in `character'
    Sprite_Character:62:in `update_or'
    PerspectiveTilemap:408:in `shadow_update'
    Shadow:169:in `update'
    PerspectiveTilemap:404:in `shadow_initialize'
    Shadow:145:in `initialize'
    Spriteset_Map:31:in `new'
    Spriteset_Map:31:in `_animationSprite_initialize'

This is the error in the normal .EXE game

http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errorey0.png

So this is my problem

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I try to run my game or the editor the following error message comes up.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • @PokeBud: Make sure that you've got a trainer083.png in the Characters folder - don't forget the 'trainer' or the '.png'.

@Ty 101: Have you edited any scripts recently, because that's not a very standard error. What were you doing before you first got the error?

@Hall of Famer:
    None of us can really help you if you don't actually post the error message.

Folks, a friendly reminder: Me and Wichu are really the only ones who are answering questions here, so for crying out loud be calm and patient. I work through the last few pages and try to answer as many questions as I can, but spamming the thread and using excessive font size won't make us get to you any quicker. We do this only in an attempt to be helpful, and we aren't obligated to answer anything at all.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • not to be rude or anything but we never remembered asking you .

Sorry

My, my...

I'm not being all self righteous or anything here, but everytime I've helped you (when I could've just as easily told you to just read the notes), I've got nothing as little as a "thanks". Not even after going to the effort of explaining things slowly and reiterating myself, do I get any indication that you appreciate the help. Of course, I don't ask for it, but the fact that you then say something like that just makes me think "what's the point", since you clearly don't appreciate my attempts to help you and other people who lack basic deduction skills or refuse to read the manual. This doesn't apply to everyone of course, as some people have genuine issues, but you and some other people need to learn not to rely on help all the time. And if you do, don't be horribly rude to them either.

You post in this thread asking for help, and there's only a small handful of people who actually know how to use the kit in depth. I know Poccil isn't around much, and Wichu is often busy with his own game, so I try to help out where I can since I want to see the game development community grow, and I actually enjoy the problem solving aspect of it. I'm not saying I'm really generous or kind or anything, I'm just merely stating that I do it for my own reasons.

If you'd rather, I'd just up and leave this thread immediately and ignore any of your questions. Seriously, be more respectful next time.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    Help!

Thanks for replying to my post.

I was editing the gym leader event then I tried to run the game and I went to the leader and talked to him and a different error message came up.

So I deleted the event and retried the game and this error came up.

I would help answer questions if I could.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • Ty 101, thank you for being polite. I'm really sorry though, as I'm stumped as to what would've caused that error. You could try re-downloading Essentials and replace your Scripts.rxdata with a fresh one. That may work, but be sure to back up any custom scripts you're using.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    PokeBud:

It appears to be a bug in the character_name method in the script Walk_Run. However, I cannot identify its cause without further information. Though it will not solve the problem, change line 171 of the script section BitmapCache to the following: path = folder_name + filename.to_s Then, tell me the error message (just the error message) you receive after doing so.

Also, "pbChangePlayer" takes a player ID, not a "Trainer ID". The player ID can only be from 0 through 3; the value 83 is not valid. To edit information about a player, choose "Set Metadata" in the Pokemon Essentials Editor and select "Global".

Ty 101:

The problem you have should never occur in practice. Delete the file "messages.dat" in the project's Data folder.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2009
    How do I download this, I am new to hacking and I think this will be a good thing to use, I am using Advance Map, right now, so please help me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back