• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 20, 2011
    @TCKaos:

That shouldnt be hard, make a common event exactly like that:

-Imagesnip-

Now make that to the pikachu following event works, the switch "Pikachu on party" must be on. Also, dont forget to activate the pikachu check switch at the start of the game so the common event start working.

Well, I sorta tried something like that but it didn't work. I'm figuring it's a problem with the event ID, as I'm trying to ID a dependent event, and don't know its ID... Or something like that.

Here's what I have code wise:

The event where I actually obtain Pikachu
    img368.imageshack.us/img368/1179/pe3zh3.png

The activated Common Event
    img141.imageshack.us/img141/36/pe2bg8.png

The error I keep getting.
    img150.imageshack.us/img150/7162/pe1oz6.png

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

(I can't post URLs until I get 15 posts =( )

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    It's also because of the type of the common event. The dependent event system does not currently support parallel process common events.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2011
    Oh, so could I add a parallel event to every Pokemon Center instead?

I'll check that now...

EDIT:

Eh, it doesn't work.. I think it kept infinitely making dependent events. I think I could fix it with another switch. I'm making switches up the yang for this, lol.

Last edited:

PokeBud

Pokemon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I mean that you can choose the name of your rival.... I don't know how to do that. In the notes.HTML I don't understand it :S sorry I'm not realy good in the grammatica from english ^^

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • I have a question to ask. I mean, how to make animated door event? I have this sprite below but I don't know how to generate the animation, please help...

All you need to do is to change the direction where the door turn ;p. This one works for me:
    2a7erug.png

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2017
    How is the text in Diamante and Perla edition when you are in a battle??
    Can somebody change this paragraf please???

MESSAGEBASECOLOR=Color.new(0,0,0)
    MESSAGESHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(104,88,112)
    MENUBASECOLOR=Color.new(72,72,72)
    MENUSHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(208,208,208)
    BOXTEXTBASECOLOR=Color.new(64,64,64)
    BOXTEXTSHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(216,208,176)
    EXPCOLOR=Color.new(64,200,248)
    # Green HP color
    HPCOLORBASE1=Color.new(14*8,31*8,21*8)
    HPCOLORSHADOW1=Color.new(11*8,26*8,16*8)
    # Orange HP color
    HPCOLORBASE2=Color.new(31*8,28*8,7*8)
    HPCOLORSHADOW2=Color.new(25*8,21*8,1*8)
    # Red HP color
    HPCOLORBASE3=Color.new(31*8,11*8,7*8)
    HPCOLORSHADOW3=Color.new(21*8,8*8,9*8)
    # Blank HP color
    HPCOLORBASE4=Color.new(0,0,0)
    HPCOLORSHADOW4=Color.new(0,0,0)

BLANK=0
    MESSAGEBOX=1
    COMMANDBOX=2
    FIGHTBOX=3

THANKS

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • Is there anyway of instead of displaying one roll with 8 badges on the trainer card, making 2 rolls with 4 badges? I tried doing that, but I didnt get it to work...

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Is there anyway of instead of displaying one roll with 8 badges on the trainer card, making 2 rolls with 4 badges? I tried doing that, but I didnt get it to work...
    I did something very similar to this just yesterday, although I was adding on 8 new badges instead of moving them around.

Find line 58 in "PokemonTrainerCard". It should look something like the first half of this:

Code:
     x=29
     for i in 0...4
      if $Trainer.badges[i]
       imagePositions[imagePositions.length]=[
         "Graphics/Pictures/badges.png",x,313,i*32,0,32,32
       ]
      if $Trainer.badges[i+4]
         "Graphics/Pictures/badges.png",x,387,128+i*32,0,32,32
       ]
     end
     end
      x+=74
    end
    Copy and paste this over what's there. This should give you a grid, 4 across and 2 down, of your 8 badges. Some of the numbers will need changing, though, so read on. The numbers you should be looking at are noted by bullet points below (but note that not all of them are meant to be changed!).

• Right at the top, the "x=29" determines how far right the entire grid of badges goes. It's counted from the left side of the screen (x=0).

Next is each of the two rows. The same notes apply to both of them, so I'll just talk about the first row (the first 4 badges):

x,313,i*32,0,32,32

• x - Leave this first number alone. That's calculated for you.
    • 313 - This is how far down from the top edge the badges are located. Change this to move the row of badges up and down the screen. Note that you will need to change this number for the second row to a different number (a bigger number) for the second 4 badges to appear below the first 4. Make the number difference equal to that of x+ (see below) to keep everything looking square.
    • i*32 - Leave it alone. It tells the game how far along in the badges.png file it should start looking for the current badge it's working on.
    • 0 - The same goes for this, except that it looks how far down in the png file it is instead (i.e. 0 means it's at the top).
    • 32, 32 - These two numbers tell the game how big a badge is, and thus what size area it should take from badges.png (assuming the coordinates of the top left of the square are the coordinates above that I told you to leave alone).

And finally:

• At the bottom of the code is "x+=74". This number is the horizontal separation between the top left corners of adjacent badges. It is also equal to the separation between adjacent badges PLUS the width of a badge. Make this number bigger to increase the horizontal gap between badges, and make it smaller to squash them closer together. (You'll probably end up making it smaller, since "74" is a number I'm using in my game that has a big resolution.)

Whatever you make "x+" equal, make sure that the difference between "313 and 387" (as they are in my code) is the same value. This keeps the badges all nice and square.

Have an experiment with the numbers (I suppose you'll have to, really) to see how they all work, and to position the badges where you want them to go.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I actually have a problem of my own. I'm looking into the PokéGear's regional map, and I want to move the map's position from 0,0 to 80,80 (so it would be center in a 640x480 screen - my map is 320x240, so the numbers work). However, look as I might, I can't find any line that sets the position of "Map.png". How can I move it?

I'm just looking for how to change the position of the picture itself. I've already done the "hard" part of moving the points and scrolling area and whatnot.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • I did something very similar to this just yesterday, although I was adding on 8 new badges instead of moving them around.

Find line 58 in "PokemonTrainerCard". It should look something like the first half of this:

Code:
     x=29
     for i in 0...4
      if $Trainer.badges[i]
         "Graphics/Pictures/badges.png",x,313,i*32,0,32,32
       ]
      if $Trainer.badges[i+4]
         "Graphics/Pictures/badges.png",x,387,128+i*32,0,32,32
       ]
     end
     end
      x+=74
    end
    Copy and paste this over what's there. This should give you a grid, 4 across and 2 down, of your 8 badges. Some of the numbers will need changing, though, so read on. The numbers you should be looking at are noted by bullet points below (but note that not all of them are meant to be changed!).

• Right at the top, the "x=29" determines how far right the entire grid of badges goes. It's counted from the left side of the screen (x=0).

Next is each of the two rows. The same notes apply to both of them, so I'll just talk about the first row (the first 4 badges):

x,313,i*32,0,32,32

• x - Leave this first number alone. That's calculated for you.
    • 313 - This is how far down from the top edge the badges are located. Change this to move the row of badges up and down the screen. Note that you will need to change this number for the second row to a different number (a bigger number) for the second 4 badges to appear below the first 4. Make the number difference equal to that of x+ (see below) to keep everything looking square.
    • i*32 - Leave it alone. It tells the game how far along in the badges.png file it should start looking for the current badge it's working on.
    • 0 - The same goes for this, except that it looks how far down in the png file it is instead (i.e. 0 means it's at the top).
    • 32, 32 - These two numbers tell the game how big a badge is, and thus what size area it should take from badges.png (assuming the coordinates of the top left of the square are the coordinates above that I told you to leave alone).

And finally:

• At the bottom of the code is "x+=74". This number is the horizontal separation between the top left corners of adjacent badges. It is also equal to the separation between adjacent badges PLUS the width of a badge. Make this number bigger to increase the horizontal gap between badges, and make it smaller to squash them closer together. (You'll probably end up making it smaller, since "74" is a number I'm using in my game that has a big resolution.)

Whatever you make "x+" equal, make sure that the difference between "313 and 387" (as they are in my code) is the same value. This keeps the badges all nice and square.

Have an experiment with the numbers (I suppose you'll have to, really) to see how they all work, and to position the badges where you want them to go.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I actually have a problem of my own. I'm looking into the PokéGear's regional map, and I want to move the map's position from 0,0 to 80,80 (so it would be center in a 640x480 screen - my map is 320x240, so the numbers work). However, look as I might, I can't find any line that sets the position of "Map.png". How can I move it?

I'm just looking for how to change the position of the picture itself. I've already done the "hard" part of moving the points and scrolling area and whatnot.

Thank you, but I found the answer before you replied me =[, anyways, I did it exactly like that and it's working fine:

2v803fb.png

For you problem maybe putting a transparent space of 80x80 on the pic canvas should work, like that:
    Spoiler:

cya ;p

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    For you problem maybe putting a transparent space of 80x80 on the pic canvas should work, like that:

cya ;p
    Yes, I thought about that, but I'm not sure if that's the best solution quite yet. It depends what I want to do with it all, I think.

Another question, if I may.

I want to get rid of the HM Fly, and replace it with an innate hidden ability of particular pokémon that does the same job (i.e. a big bird will be able to Fly, a Pidgey won't. The option "Fly" should show up in the main menu if I have a big bird in my party. How can I make this happen?

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2017
    Can somebody change this paragraf please???
    MESSAGEBASECOLOR=Color.new(0,0,0)
    MESSAGESHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(104,88,112)
    MENUBASECOLOR=Color.new(72,72,72)
    MENUSHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(208,208,208)
    BOXTEXTBASECOLOR=Color.new(64,64,64)
    BOXTEXTSHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(216,208,176)
    EXPCOLOR=Color.new(64,200,248)
    # Green HP color
    HPCOLORBASE1=Color.new(14*8,31*8,21*8)
    HPCOLORSHADOW1=Color.new(11*8,26*8,16*8)
    # Orange HP color
    HPCOLORBASE2=Color.new(31*8,28*8,7*8)
    HPCOLORSHADOW2=Color.new(25*8,21*8,1*8)
    # Red HP color
    HPCOLORBASE3=Color.new(31*8,11*8,7*8)
    HPCOLORSHADOW3=Color.new(21*8,8*8,9*8)
    # Blank HP color
    HPCOLORBASE4=Color.new(0,0,0)
    HPCOLORSHADOW4=Color.new(0,0,0)

BLANK=0
    MESSAGEBOX=1
    COMMANDBOX=2
    FIGHTBOX=3

THANKS

THANKS

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2017
    Yes if somebody can elaborate the font of diamante and perla version of the text of battle.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back