• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2009
    Well I got the connecting maps to work but there is still a problem. When I go up to route 1 everything is fine but when I go baack to the first town the character keeps walking but doesnt go to the town map. The route map above is moving around and I dont know how to fix it.

Does anybody know how to fix this ?

PokeBud

Pokemon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I want to know how to give a beta Without giving the Graphics. Maybe one of you know how ?

Years
  • i got this error when i tried to walk on the grass (testing wild pokemon encounter)

---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: NameError
    Message: (eval):1:in `pbFromPBMove'uninitialized constant PokeBattle_Move::PokeBattle_Move_FE
    PokeBattle_Move:644:in `pbFromPBMove'
    PokeBattle_Battle:336:in `eval'
    PokeBattle_Move:644:in `pbFromPBMove'
    PokeBattle_Battle:336:in `initialize'
    PokemonField:401:in `new'
    PokemonField:401:in `pbWildBattle'
    PokemonField:726:in `pbOnStepTaken'
    Game_Player*:447:in `update_old'
    Walk/Run:66:in `update'
    Scene_Map:101:in `update'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.
    Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

can anybody help?

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
    Years
  • Have you used somebody elses moves.txt? The FE hex code is the new code for Struggle, which the game looks for at the start of a battle. If you've made no changes to the code and you're using someone elses moves.txt then it will be looking for an effect that isn't there. If that's the case, find Struggle in your moves file and change the FE part of it back to C6.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2009
    I have a little problem. I added me own Poemon. I changed his evolving lv,moves,stats and wtv.When I find him in the grass his cry works and he has the right moves. When I throw a pokeball an error message pops up and the trainer doesn`t throw the Pokeball.

How can I fix this É

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I have a little problem. I added me own Poemon. I changed his evolving lv,moves,stats and wtv.When I find him in the grass his cry works and he has the right moves. When I throw a pokeball an error message pops up and the trainer doesn`t throw the Pokeball.

How can I fix this É

It might help if you posted the error message...

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2009
    Hi everyone. Essentials is great and very easy to use. However, sometimes the BGM or ME plays twice at slightly different times. There really doesn't seem to be a pattern here, maybe 50%-75% it ends up playing twice. An example of what I mean by "playing twice" is if you had two youtube videos with music playing at the same time, but you started playing one video earlier than the other. I know I am not the only one having this problem. Thanks in advance! Also I will try to help other people as I know a few things.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Hi everyone. Essentials is great and very easy to use. However, sometimes the BGM or ME plays twice at slightly different times. There really doesn't seem to be a pattern here, maybe 50%-75% it ends up playing twice. An example of what I mean by "playing twice" is if you had two youtube videos with music playing at the same time, but you started playing one video earlier than the other. I know I am not the only one having this problem. Thanks in advance! Also I will try to help other people as I know a few things.
    poccil's custom Audio module is a bit buggy; for now, I'd just use RMXP's default one. To do this, simply rename the Audio.dll file in the game's folder to something else. As far as I know, the only advantage of using the custom dll is that it allows pausing and resuming of music; for example, pausing the OW music before battle, then starting where it left of afterwards.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2009
    Sorry here is the error message :

Exception: ZeroDivisionError
    PokeBattle_Battle:135:in `/'
    PokeBattle_Battle:135:in `pbThrowPokeBall'
    PokeBattle_Battle:1639:in `pbRegisterItem'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2439:in `pbCommandPhase'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2398:in `loop'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2453:in `pbCommandPhase'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2387:in `each'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2387:in `pbCommandPhase'
    PokeBattle_Battle:722:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    PokeBattle_Battle:721:in `logonerr'

So when I throw the pokeball to the pokemon I added this is what happens. How can I fix it ?? If anybody knows I would really appreciate it.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • @ryanhead: Is line 135 in PokeBattle_Battle exactly like this?

Code:
        y = 0x000FFFF0 / (Math.sqrt(Math.sqrt( 0x00FF0000/x ) ) )

@WorldofPokemon: Do you mean Editor.exe? That's in the default Essentials folder presuming you're using the latest version. To edit actual maps themselves, use RMXP.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2009
    Yup exactly the same

y = 0x000FFFF0 / (Math.sqrt(Math.sqrt( 0x00FF0000/x ) ) ) = yours

y = 0x000FFFF0 / (Math.sqrt(Math.sqrt( 0x00FF0000/x ) ) ) = mine

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2009
    Anyone know where I can find the map editor. I cant find it.

Anyone know how or where I can change the sound of the wild Pokemon battle?
    Moreover, I have a problem here when I use a female character , when encounter wild Pokemon , a male character appear at the battle scene . Anyone know how to change it so that when I use a female character , a female battle scene will appear?
    Thanks and also the stated problem above.

Last edited:

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • Anyone know how or where I can change the sound of the wild Pokemon battle?
    Moreover, I have a problem here when I use a female character , when encounter wild Pokemon , a male character appear at the battle scene . Anyone know how to change it so that when I use a female character , a female battle scene will appear?
    Thanks and also the stated problem above.

WorldofPokemon, instead of asking in this topic about every single issue you have, read notes.html. Both those issues are covered in the notes file, and I suggest you have a good read through it before filling the topic with question after question.

PokeBud

Pokemon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I want to give a beta but I don't want that other people stealing my graphics. But I don't now how to give a beta without giving the Graphic map and the audio map

Pleas help me

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • @Shaggy Typhlosion: Essentials uses a static image for the battle message box, and unfortunately what you asked isn't possible unless extra scripting is done.

@PokeBud: In RMXP, go to File > Compress Game Data. This is how you should distribute your games, but remember not to delete the original project files as you cannot edit this compressed data. Unfortunately this doesn't compress the Audio files, but it'll secure all your graphics.

As a query for anyone who's knowledgeable about RGSS, I was wondering if it was possible to fix Sprite_Resizer and stop the annoying event "jiggling" that occurs when viewing the game in half-size. It's been in Essentials for ages, and at one stage it was supposedly fixed, but in the latest version it's still very noticeable.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2009
    WorldofPokemon, instead of asking in this topic about every single issue you have, read notes.html. Both those issues are covered in the notes file, and I suggest you have a good read through it before filling the topic with question after question.

I dont know where it is. Mind telling me where it is?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back