• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
2. If you press shift before the $PokemonGlobal.runningShoes is set true, the sprite still changes, Is there a way to fix it?

Change line 10 of the script section "Walk/Run" to:

Code:
  if meta[5] && meta[5]!="" && 
    (Input.press?(Input::A) && $PokemonGlobal.runningShoes) && 
    Input.dir4!=0

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
How do you call a script during an event like the name input script

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2008
Why doesn´t anybody read my posts and answer them?^^

Iam working on a custom Pokemon Online Script.
I only have a chat system.

Is there anyone who could help me with a custom Online Battlesystem or the Trade System?

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
I keep having this error when I playtest.

errorpkmnyw6.png

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
It's a problem with your encounters.txt; perhaps you misspelled an encounter type name. Here are these changes to the script section "Compiler" to be made in response to this:

In line 657, replace "else" with "elsif lastenclen==1" .

Replace line 666 with:

Code:
  else
   raise _INTL("Undefined encounter type {1} in encounters.txt, expected one of the following:\r\n{2}",
        line,enctypes.inspect)
  end

The resulting error message may better point you to the problem.

Also, you may have put densities after encounter type definitions; this is not allowed. Here's an example of what I mean:

Code:
Water
XXX,20
XXX,20
XXX,20
XXX,20
XXX,20
20,20,20 # Densities

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
axibar:

Once again, it's in the documentation. See "Wild Pokemon Battles" in notes.html:

To generate a wild Pokemon battle, call pbWildBattle(X,Y) where X is the species number of the Pokemon, and Y is its level. See PBSpecies for species IDs.
To change the kinds of wild Pokemon found in an area, you can modify the file PBS/encounters.txt (see that section in this page).
After doing so, it is enough to put grass tiles (or other tiles with terrain tag 2) on the map for wild Pokemon to appear there -- no events are necessary.
The file encounters.txt supports two different encounter types: Land and Cave. For Land encounter types, wild Pokemon will appear only on the grass.
For Cave encounter types, wild Pokemon will appear anywhere. Several other encounter types are also supported; see the "PBS/encounters.txt"
section for details.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Sorry for acting like a noob and thanks alot for the help and how do you change the pokemon you receive from the girl =\

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Sorry for acting like a noob and thanks alot for the help and how do you change the pokemon you receive from the girl =\

In the PokemonUtilities Script and look for the pbCreatePokemon Function

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Alright thanks a whole but but a little problem when I try to make the pokemon appear it gives me an error.

Absola

~ Let me fly away
Years
pokemon programmer said:
Oh poccil do you think you might be able to add this and the 4th generation pokemon to a later version. Just a question.

I tried to add some of the 4th generation pokemon but realized that the graphics are much bigger than the other ones so it looks kinda wierd.. but it's up to you how you want things to be and I dunno maybe some photoshop work can fix this..

By the way, thank you so much poccil for helping me out with the battle backgrounds it works great..!

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
After just three days, a new version of Pokemon Essentials is now available.

Changes:

Removed dependency on RGSS-RTP
Added Trainer battle victory music settings in metadata.txt and trainernames.txt
Implemented hidden items and Itemfinder
Implemented Synchronize
Added support for temporary self switches in events, as well as event-specific variables
Added usage of items in and out of battle to items.txt
Implemented robust, stand-alone door events
Implemented events that are active only once a day (for fruit-bearing trees, etc.)
Changed day/night tinting code to allow "Change Screen Color Tone" to work properly
Redefined "Change Gold" to act on Trainer's money
More performance changes in map connections feature

Modified scripts:

Changed: PokemonMap
Changed: PokeBattle_Effects
Changed: PokeBattle_MoveEffects
Changed: Scene_Debug
Changed: AnimationSprite
Changed: Scene_Map
Changed: RPGCache
Changed: PokemonField
Changed: PokeBattle_ActualScene
Changed: Game_Event*
Changed: Game_System
Changed: Compiler
Changed: Spriteset_Map
Changed: PokemonMessages
Changed: - Radio
Changed: PokemonUtilities
Changed: PokeBattle_Battle
Changed: PokemonItems
Changed: PokemonBag
Changed: PokeBattle_Battler

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Hey poccil I found a script it is a mode 7 script it reminds me of pokemon Diamond and Perl I thought you might want to see and anyone else that wants to look.
http://www.rpg-palace.com/scripts/mode07.php

Yeah, I personally love the Mode 7 Scripts out there but none of them work due to Poccil rewriting a lot of the Sprite classes.

Poccil, could you try to modify that Mode 7 Script and make it work with the Essentials? The one that pokemon programmer linked is the best one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back