• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    Mad.array explained the position. You simply forgot to finish the Unown script. As for your new error, it occours because you didnt end the script at the right place. Simply place another "end" after the last line of the Giratina script. If thats not the case, place the "end" after the last line of the unown script.

Last edited:
    Years
    Ok, I'm pretty sure the Giratina script is working now. But I tried editing it for Shaymin Sky. And for some reason I'm getting a Syntax error at line 519. Line 519 is the second last in the portion of script below.
    HTML:
      rescue
        # Load plain bitmap as usual (see below)
      end    
        # Shaymin form change script by Destined (edited version of Drago Champs Giratina change script, most credit to him)
      elsif isConst?(species,PBSpecies,:SHAYMIN)
       d=if $game_switches[97]==true
       begin
        # Load Sky Form bitmap if found
        # Rename the Sky Form images to 487sky (normal), 487ssky (shiny), 487bsky(back), 487ssky (shiny back)
        return BitmapCache.load_bitmap(
          sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d%s%ssky.png",species,
           pokemon.isShiny? ? "s" : "",
           back ? "b" : "", d)
        )    
      rescue
       end    
      end
      return BitmapCache.load_bitmap(bitmapFileName)
     end
    end

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
    Years
    You should just need to lose that last end, but if the syntax error is on the second last line than there may be something else. Eiter way, you've got more ends there than you should have.

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    And what about the player's speed, how do I change it? The player is going to fast, and I want it to go slower. Is there anyway to chenge it?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    And what about the player's speed, how do I change it? The player is going to fast, and I want it to go slower. Is there anyway to chenge it?

Yes you can change it. To to line 63 in the "Walk_Run" script. It should look like this
    Code:
    @move_speed = $RPGVX ? 4.5 : 3.8
    Change the 3.8 to some other speed. As before, I have no idea what the 4.5 does.

mad.array

Years
    The 4.5 is the move speed if RPG Maker VX is being used instead of XP, they have different speeds so that's the equivalent value..

TheAliveTrain

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    Yes you can change it. To to line 63 in the "Walk_Run" script. It should look like this
    Code:
    @move_speed = $RPGVX ? 4.5 : 3.8
    Change the 3.8 to some other speed. As before, I have no idea what the 4.5 does.
    Hmm, thanks a lot man, again.

And here's a new problem... with the resolution upgrade, now the autotiles show black when I walk, but they only show sometimes for some seconds, then it goes back to normal, but then it goes black again and blablabla...
    Why do this happens, and how to solve this?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    Hmm, thanks a lot man, again.

And here's a new problem... with the resolution upgrade, now the autotiles show black when I walk, but they only show sometimes for some seconds, then it goes back to normal, but then it goes black again and blablabla...
    Why do this happens, and how to solve this?

Yeah. Now I'm not sure if that's an error with Pokemon Essentials or RMXP itself, but it only accepts certain resolution. It likes everything that is increased or decreased by 0.5.
    So the resolutions would be 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2 but it doesn't like other values like 0.75 so it messes up upon the resizing of tiles. I don't know how to fix that, so you better stick to the already given resolutions.

Zephyra

I lurk
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    I'm a little curious.

Would it be possible for each Pokemon egg to have a different sprite?
    Say, an Absol egg would be white with black, and a Poliwag egg would have a spiral.

If so, how would I go about checking which species the egg will hatch into, and then loading the egg sprite for the respective Pokemon?

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
    Yeah. Now I'm not sure if that's an error with Pokemon Essentials or RMXP itself, but it only accepts certain resolution. It likes everything that is increased or decreased by 0.5.
    So the resolutions would be 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2 but it doesn't like other values like 0.75 so it messes up upon the resizing of tiles. I don't know how to fix that, so you better stick to the already given resolutions.

the thing is that the resolution has to be a multiple of the tile width and height so only the entire tile shows on the screen and not half of it (which causes the bugs).

mad.array

Years
    @Zephyra: In PokemonUtilities, look at the section 'def pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies(pokemon, species, back=false)'.

That's where the egg bitmap (as well as the species bitmap) is loaded. If you look at the actual pokémon bitmap code, you'll see that it will find the right bitmap according to the dex number (as well as the shiny/back parameters), all you really need to do is set up something similar for the egg loading section. Though you will need to add a safety feature that loads the default egg sprite if one with the dex number can't be found.

TheAliveTrain

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    the thing is that the resolution has to be a multiple of the tile width and height so only the entire tile shows on the screen and not half of it (which causes the bugs).
    So, If the resolution is 16, what would the height and width be?
    Btw, how do I register a pokémon entry in a pokédex? Like an event which shows an image of a Pokémon and then that entry registers in the Pokédex.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    I need to remove a specific pokemon from the party.

I need to remove a pidgey from the party.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
    Hi,
    I'm sorry if this has alredy been answered.
    I did search the thread but I didn't find anything.

So, here goes:
    What parts of the scripts or/and the textfiles do you need to add/edit to add more/custom HM's and Badges?
    Sort of like having 10 Badges & HM's instead of 8.

Thank you on beforehand.

//44tim44

Roconza

Crazy girl say wha?
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Mar 16, 2014
    I was curious, are mode 7 scripts compatible with this kit? If so what steps would be needed to integrate it? Would it be very heavy scripting?

Years
    I am still having trouble with this script, I am still getting Syntax Error on line 519, the line with "end" just before "def pbStringToAudioFile(str)".
    rescue
    end
    # Shaymin form change script by Destined (edit of DragoChamps Giratina script)
    elsif isConst?(species,PBSpecies,:SHAYMIN)
    d=if $game_switches[97]==true
    begin
    # Load Sky Form bitmap if found
    # Rename the Sky Form images to 487sky (normal), 487ssky (shiny), 487bsky (back), 487sbsky (shiny back)
    return BitmapCache.load_bitmap(
    sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d%s%ssky.png",species,
    pokemon.isShiny? ? "s" : "",
    back ? "b" : "", d)
    )
    rescue
    end
    end
    return BitmapCache.load_bitmap(bitmapFileName)
    end

def pbStringToAudioFile(str)
    if str[/^(.*)\:\s*(\d+)\s*\:\s*(\d+)\s*$/]
    file=$1
    volume=$2.to_i
    pitch=$3.to_i
    return RPG::AudioFile.new(file,volume,pitch)
    elsif str[/^(.*)\:\s*(\d+)\s*$/]
    file=$1
    volume=$2.to_i
    return RPG::AudioFile.new(file,volume,100)
    else
    return RPG::AudioFile.new(str,100,100)
    end
    end

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
    To Ty101

$Trainer.party.delete_if {|pkmn|
    pkmn.species==PBSpecies::PIDGEY}

make sure you use extend script.

To Ty101

$Trainer.party.delete_if {|pkmn|
    pkmn.species==PBSpecies::X}

X=Any Pokemon you want to delete.

Not sure, but use extendtext.exe if it doesn't work the first time.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back