• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    the only problem is that its a little laggy for like 5 seconds
    I believe this is an Essentials issue. It happens to me with encounters, trainer attacks and surf. I think it is due to the fact that the game is loading alot of code while also attempting to load a huge .midi or whatever sound file is being used.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
    I believe this is an Essentials issue. It happens to me with encounters, trainer attacks and surf. I think it is due to the fact that the game is loading alot of code while also attempting to load a huge .midi or whatever sound file is being used.

Yes, but that happens only when you first battle a determined pokémon because somehow it takes sometime to load it's sprite. The next time you battle the same pokemon, there wont be any loading time.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Yes, but that happens only when you first battle a determined pokémon because somehow it takes sometime to load it's sprite. The next time you battle the same pokemon, there wont be any loading time.
    Ah, that clears up alot. Thanks!

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    Yeah, the game tends to lag alot. And the map scrolling while walking isn't very smooth to. Well we should still be thankful that a persont provided us with something like this starter kit.

Atomic Reactor

Hmm, mine never really lags that much... I've only had a lagging problem a few times while using it. And yes, we should all be thankful for someone putting together such a fun kit ^_^

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    Is it possible to put different forms for Pokémons? Or, maybe this gets complicated, gender differences?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    It is possible and is not that complicated. Just search a few pages back and you will find a script i posted for form change.

TheAliveTrain

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    It is possible and is not that complicated. Just search a few pages back and you will find a script i posted for form change.
    Thanks, I'm going to check it now. But for the gender differences, I'd like something like finding a wild Pokémon with gender differences and I don't know if it is possible.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    Well for the gender sprites (if that's what you are refering too) it can basically work with the same structure. Just make a simple function in the script to check if the pokemon is female and do a code like this:
    Code:
     bitmapFileName=sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d[B]f[/B]%s%s.png",species,
           pokemon.isShiny? ? "s" : "",
           back ? "b" : "")
    So now it would look for the letter "f" after the number (e.g. "16f.png") and load the female sprites. Ok...I've dug up the script and am posting it again. So here it is:
    The script supports shiny Giratina in all forms and changes Giratina back to Another Form if the Torn World switch is deactivated.
    Put this script in PokemonUtilities in the def pbLoadSpeciesBitmap
    Code:
    # Giratina form changing script by Luka S.J.
    elsif isConst?(species,PBSpecies,:GIRATINA)
       d=if $game_switches[96]==true
       begin
        # Load Origin Form bitmap if found
        # Rename the Origin Form images to 487origin (normal), 487sorigin (shiny), 487borigin (back), 487sborigin (shiny back)
        return BitmapCache.load_bitmap(
          sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d%s%sorigin.png",species,
           back ? "b" : "", d)
        )
        rescue
        # Load plain bitmap as usual (see below)
       end
      end
    Change the number in blue to any number to define the control switch used for the event. This script can be changed and use for other pokemon by just changing the species name and defining the "d=" value as a method for when the forms should take place.

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    https://img35.imageshack.us/i/ewrrrf.png/[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

I was going to open my project and... this error appeared... I changed nothing from yesterday, and it was working.

Aouch...happened to me many times. It occours in RMXP if it doesnt close properly, so the game data gets corrupted. Do you have a backup? Because you need to restore your data folder from a backup. If you dont, just replace the "CommonEvent.rmxp" inside the data folder by the original Pokemon Essentials one.

TheAliveTrain

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    Aouch...happened to me many times. It occours in RMXP if it doesnt close properly, so the game data gets corrupted. Do you have a backup? Because you need to restore your data folder from a backup. If you dont, just replace the "CommonEvent.rmxp" inside the data folder by the original Pokemon Essentials one.
    The problem is solved, I replaced my latest bacukp, so I just lost an event&map (nothing dramatic). So I must say thanks again, you're being much helpful :D

I'm sorry to post again but I got new issues...
    First, I'd like to change the font of my whole game as the loading screen(where it says New Game; Continue; Options). I searched on this thread but I just found that the loading screen can be changed on the PokemonLoad, near line 225 (which I knew already). But now I don't know what kind of code I must put, and I don't even know where may I see some scripts explanation just to make my own and not asking others. And about the fonts I found nothing, so I'd like too to have some help here.

Lastly, I changed the resolution of my game (the window, so now it is smaller), but my character walks "the double of its speed" (I know it is because I have set the resolution to half.), what can I do?

Thanks and sorry again.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    The problem is solved, I replaced my latest bacukp, so I just lost an event&map (nothing dramatic). So I must say thanks again, you're being much helpful :D

I'm sorry to post again but I got new issues...
    First, I'd like to change the font of my whole game as the loading screen(where it says New Game; Continue; Options). I searched on this thread but I just found that the loading screen can be changed on the PokemonLoad, near line 225 (which I knew already). But now I don't know what kind of code I must put, and I don't even know where may I see some scripts explanation just to make my own and not asking others. And about the fonts I found nothing, so I'd like too to have some help here.

Lastly, I changed the resolution of my game (the window, so now it is smaller), but my character walks "the double of its speed" (I know it is because I have set the resolution to half.), what can I do?

Thanks and sorry again.

I think that the notes say something about font.

Spira

Programmer for Pokemon Eternity
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2023
    Where can I find the icons used in the D&P main menu? You know, next to bag and so forth. I can't find them in the essentials or anywhere else.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
    Essentials uses R/S/E/Fr/LG icons, bag and menu screens if you want the latest D/P/Pt menus and what not check the spriters resource site (Google Spriters Resource) for system choose DS for game choose either Pokemon D/P or Pokemon Pt then choose the graphics you want right click and save to your compy. Be sure to credit whoever wants credit for ripping them though its usually a nice thing to do and even if they don't require credit it is still a good thing to do b/c they have made things easier for you.

Years
    Well for the gender sprites (if that's what you are refering too) it can basically work with the same structure. Just make a simple function in the script to check if the pokemon is female and do a code like this:
    Code:
     bitmapFileName=sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d[B]f[/B]%s%s.png",species,
    So now it would look for the letter "f" after the number (e.g. "16f.png") and load the female sprites. Ok...I've dug up the script and am posting it again. So here it is:
    The script supports shiny Giratina in all forms and changes Giratina back to Another Form if the Torn World switch is deactivated.
    Put this script in PokemonUtilities in the def pbLoadSpeciesBitmap
    Code:
    # Giratina form changing script by DragoChamp
       begin
        # Rename the Origin Form images to 487origin (normal), 487sorigin (shiny), 487borigin (back), 487sborigin (shiny back)
        )
        rescue
       end
      end
    Change the number in blue to any number to define the control switch used for the event. This script can be changed and use for other pokemon by just changing the species name and defining the "d=" value as a method for when the forms should take place.

About this script, at what line do I put it on in PokemonUtilities. I tried placing it after the Unown one but it wouldn't work, I kept getting a Syntax error on line 486 where elsif isConst?(species,PBSpecies,:GIRATINA) was.

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
    Years
    Destined: It might be as simple as you've placed it one line too high and it's expecting an end instead of your code. try playing around with the placement a little bit and see if that sorts it out.

Spira

Programmer for Pokemon Eternity
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2023
    Essentials uses R/S/E/Fr/LG icons, bag and menu screens if you want the latest D/P/Pt menus and what not check the spriters resource site (Google Spriters Resource) for system choose DS for game choose either Pokemon D/P or Pokemon Pt then choose the graphics you want right click and save to your compy. Be sure to credit whoever wants credit for ripping them though its usually a nice thing to do and even if they don't require credit it is still a good thing to do b/c they have made things easier for you.
    I already checked there, they don't have the menu icons there at all (nor animated versions). Thanks though.

Here's what I'm talking about.

Years
    Hmm, I tried changing it around a bit by moving it down, but it still won't work. Same Syntax error but with line 487 this time. Here is the script from line 465 to line 502.
    bitmapFileName=sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d%s%s.png",species,
    if isConst?(species,PBSpecies,:SPINDA) && !back
    bitmap=Bitmap.new(bitmapFileName)
    pbSpindaSpots(pokemon,bitmap)
    return bitmap
    elsif isConst?(species,PBSpecies,:UNOWN)
    d=pokemon.personalID&3
    d|=((pokemon.personalID>>8)&3)<<2
    d|=((pokemon.personalID>>16)&3)<<4
    d|=((pokemon.personalID>>24)&3)<<6
    d%=28 # index of letter : ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ!?
    begin
    # Load special bitmap if found
    # Example: 201b_02 for the letter C
    sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d%s%s_%02d.png",species,
    )
    begin
    )
    rescue
    end
    end
    return BitmapCache.load_bitmap(bitmapFileName)
    end

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
    Years
    Ok, you need to copy the lines that read

rescue
    end

And paste them above the line

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back