• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
Sorry for the n00b question, but I have read through the notes and 100+pages in this thread but I'm wondering what script controls the sprite graphic and the battle back graphic. I am trying to implement a system where later on the player will gain new outfits. Normally this would be done through a simple "Change Actor Graphic" command but as I understand that has been taken out of use in Pokemon Essentials. Thanks
Changing the OW of your character has to be done with pbChangePlayer, which by default only has 4 options (which shouldn't be too hard to expand, just find the method and modify it). To change the trainer back, look in PokeBattle_ActualScene line 1464 (that's the start). There are three lines soon after that have trback%03d in them. You could do a simple if statement somewhere in there to check if a particular switch is, and if it is use a specified graphic, and use the default graphic in the else statement.

@Tranitar: It looks like you named the trainer type KELLAN, rather than DarkLeader. To resize the graphic, you could use a paint program and just resize it (but it may not look good since it wouldn't be in the 2x2 pixel format anymore). Compare it to the other trainer graphics you have side by side and see if it's really off or not. Also, I'm guessing it was from DPP, which is smaller than RSE.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
No, I named him Darkleader, It did the same thing to the Team Rocket Grunt I got... It named Him... Grunt Grunt... whats wrong with my thing?
I don't have your txt file, so I can't see for sure, but remember that there are two places that have to have the names defined for each trainer. First is the trainer type (like DarkLeader and Team Rocket), second is the individual name (KELLAN and GRUNT). If you name the trainer type GRUNT, and name the trainer GRUNT as well, you'll get GRUNT GRUNT.

@ashthebest10:You could try the notes, I didn't see it in the wiki yet though, but you should bookmark both to save yourself the trouble in the future.

Last edited:
Years
I have a problem, when i added a trainer, it worked fine. But when i changed some sprites (Trainer sprites) i get this error when i have been spotted by the trainer:
Spoiler:

And when i try wild pokemon encounters, i get this:

Spoiler:

Ok I dont understand a thing u said about backrounds kitsune but ill just do that later... but right now I got the gym Leader ALMOST fully working theres 2 problems (PIC)
23lz90w.jpg

1. It says his name Twice instead of DarkLeader Kellan.
2. I think his sprite is too small and I can't find another one...
I don't know 1.
But i maybe know 2. Did you risized the sprite by 200%? Maybe that helps! :D

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
No, I named him Darkleader, It did the same thing to the Team Rocket Grunt I got... It named Him... Grunt Grunt... whats wrong with my thing?
The first word (e.g. the "Camper" of "Camper Johnny") is the name of the trainer class. This name is shared between all trainers that have that trainer class (e.g. all campers).

The second word ("Johnny") is the name of the individual trainer.

What you want to do is make a trainer class called "Team Rocket", and then make a bunch of individual trainers called "Grunt". Remember to number them, because they all have the same name and trainer class.

The same goes for your Kellan. "Kellan" is the individual trainer's name, and "Dark Leader" is the trainer class's name. Note that, if you have multiple different Dark Leaders in your game, the internal name of that trainer class should be called something like "DARLEADER_Kellan". All of those "Dark Leader" trainer classes can have the same displayed name, though; only their internal names need to be different.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
Okay, so I finally got a movie (avi format) to work in my game. The problem is when it ends or a player forces it to end, I get this error, any idea on what I did wrong? And just if it matters, I didn't edit the Scene_Map script at all. Just Main.

Script 'Scene_Map' line 26: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method 'maps' for nil:NilClass

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2010
I modified the Intro Script so when it put you on a map, it would put the character on the map i designed. I did nothing more than change the last transfer player from the default map to my map. But after the intro completes, it puts the OW on my map but it wont let him move?

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
Anybody know where a good ring menu script is?
Why a script? I did it with a single common event, it's fairly simple (although I re-instituted button input processing to do it). I don't think anyone has gone through the extra trouble of making it into a script when eventing is so much easier.

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
Years
Hm... when erasing tiles you should always you the very first blank white tile next to your autotiles. If you use any others it'll be the same as a new, transparent tile that's passable. The best thing to do is to "wipe" the map with the first blank tile except in places there's another tile. (ex: in layer 3, you would want to use the first transparent tile on everything other than tiles already in the layer three layer and so on)

If that doesn't work, trace your events in nearby locations and make sure "always on top" or "through" isn't on.
If neither of those work then I'm not sure.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Hm... when erasing tiles you should always you the very first blank white tile next to your autotiles. If you use any others it'll be the same as a new, transparent tile that's passable. The best thing to do is to "wipe" the map with the first blank tile except in places there's another tile. (ex: in layer 3, you would want to use the first transparent tile on everything other than tiles already in the layer three layer and so on)

If that doesn't work, trace your events in nearby locations and make sure "always on top" or "through" isn't on.
If neither of those work then I'm not sure.
Oh my god, it worked! Thank you so much! I've always used a tile next to the others because I thought the one at the top left would be filled up with an auto tile. Thanks again and this should really be added to the notes.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
Okay, so I finally got a movie (avi format) to work in my game. The problem is when it ends or a player forces it to end, I get this error, any idea on what I did wrong? And just if it matters, I didn't edit the Scene_Map script at all. Just Main.

Script 'Scene_Map' line 26: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method 'maps' for nil:NilClass

Sorry, but I can't release my new demo until this gets fixed...any idea whats wrong?

ashthebest10

Creator of Pocket Monsters
Years
Why a script? I did it with a single common event, it's fairly simple (although I re-instituted button input processing to do it). I don't think anyone has gone through the extra trouble of making it into a script when eventing is so much easier.
Could you explain how you did that? I know I need to have the proper Icons but I still don't understand how to do it. Thanks for the help, I would have kept searching forever for a script but your right, it would be way to much trouble.

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
Intro

When ever I add a .GIF to the title screen it shows the first image and wait for me to press SPACE and then go's on to pic_2 sorry if this is n00bish...

All I want is an animated title screen thanks

Years
I have a problem, when i added a trainer, it worked fine. But when i changed some sprites (Trainer sprites) i get this error when i have been spotted by the trainer:
Spoiler:

And when i try wild pokemon encounters, i get this:

Spoiler:
Cause no one really answered my question, can someone help me? If i can't fix this, i have to start over my game! :'(

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2016
Hello, i wanted to make a partner trainer but i got this mistake:

Exception: RuntimeError
(eval):2:in `pbExecuteScript'compile error
(eval):2: syntax error
(PBTrainers::Maiket,"Maike",0)
^
***Line '(PBTrainers::Maiket,"Maike",0)' shouldn't begin with '(', try putting '(' at
the end of the last line
***Full script:
pbRegisterPartner

Interpreter:258:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1652:in `command_355'
Interpreter:496:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:190:in `update'
Interpreter:104:in `loop'
Interpreter:195:in `update'
Scene_Map:100:in `update'
Scene_Map:98:in `loop'
Scene_Map:111:in `update'
Scene_Map:67:in `main'

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Hello, i wanted to make a partner trainer but i got this mistake:

Exception: RuntimeError
(eval):2:in `pbExecuteScript'compile error
(eval):2: syntax error
^
***Line '(PBTrainers::Maiket,"Maike",0)' shouldn't begin with '(', try putting '(' at
the end of the last line

***Full script:
pbRegisterPartner

Interpreter:258:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1652:in `command_355'
Interpreter:496:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:190:in `update'
Interpreter:104:in `loop'
Interpreter:195:in `update'
Scene_Map:100:in `update'
Scene_Map:98:in `loop'
Scene_Map:111:in `update'
Scene_Map:67:in `main'
Try reading the error first. It's not difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back