• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
    Years
    1. Get the error message and show it to us. The error sounds like it might be poccil's fault, but I'm not going to spend forever trawling through the scripts if your error message has the problem line number in it.

2. Yes. It involves changing pbGetCurrentRegion to depend on a game variable (0=National, 1=Region 1, etc.), and then to change that variable elsewhere quite simply. It's up to you to add the "Change region" option wherever you want it.

Well, it will be later. I can´t find the line on the errolog.txt, and I can´t use rpg maker on this computer, since it's public(from a café internet).

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    If I want to set up a trainer player I have to find the map: Intro, but where can I find that map?

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
    Is there a reason that the AVI script doesn't support XVid encoded AVI Files? This is really frustrating because it will add a lot of unnecessary file space if I can't encode my AVI files. Any idea what can be done to solve this issue? Any help would be great...

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I thought about adding a whole new "species" for each Pokémon, but then again when the player gets their national dex, there will be 100-200 duplicates of the Pokémon that are in my region.

Also, I would probably need to end up having about 100-200 return false codes if there is 100-200 seperate colored Pokémon, right?

Well, thanks for the help.
    Adding species is a bad way to go about it. I mean really bad.

I told you you can use alternate forms.

What you can do to alleviate the dozens of "return false" lines is to put all the species that will have further alternate forms (that won't be shiny) into an array, and then write a few lines of code that checks through that array and returns true/false depending on if there's a match.

Alternatively, a much easier way would be to look at the form number itself. If it's not zero (i.e. it's an alternate form) then return false (i.e. there's no shiny version of it). You can then make exceptions for Giratina and Wormadam and so on, which can have shiny alternate forms - there's only about a dozen species with alternate forms, so it's easy enough to do.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2014
    how do if ix this error

Interpreter:274:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:1583:in `command_355'
    Interpreter:492:in `execute_command'
    Interpreter:191:in `update'
    Interpreter:104:in `loop'
    Interpreter:196:in `update'
    Scene_Map:96:in `update'
    Scene_Map:94:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:107:in `update'
    Scene_Map:63:in `main'
    Exception: RuntimeError
    Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: Section069:523:in `pbSetSeen'undefined method `true' for false:FalseClass
    ***Full script:
    pbWildBattle(PBSpecies::PIDGEY,2)

Interpreter:239:in `pbExecuteScript'
    PokeBattle_Battle:638:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    PokeBattle_Battle:549:in `pbStartBattle'
    PokemonField:753:in `pbWildBattle'
    PokemonField:752:in `pbSceneStandby'
    PokemonField:754:in `pbWildBattle'
    PokemonField:751:in `pbBattleAnimation'
    PokemonField:751:in `pbWildBattle'
    (eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:1583:in `eval'

Interpreter:274:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:1583:in `command_355'
    Interpreter:492:in `execute_command'
    Interpreter:191:in `update'
    Interpreter:104:in `loop'
    Interpreter:196:in `update'
    Scene_Map:96:in `update'
    Scene_Map:94:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:107:in `update'
    Scene_Map:63:in `main'

ashthebest10

Creator of Pocket Monsters
    Years
    Me and Luca posted a bunch in his Merry Christmas thread, check there, I got it to work eventually. Although, I'm not bothering with animated trainers.

I did check there. Actually I just figured out everything exept the transparency? I don't get it. no matter how I import the graphics, they still have the colored backround. I tried to change the color, nothing. The first and second frame have the same names and I don't know if that is causing the problem but I don't see how you can change it. Idk. If you can tell me how you got the transparency of you battler graphics to work, I would be greatfull.

thepsynergist

Years
    I did check there. Actually I just figured out everything exept the transparency? I don't get it. no matter how I import the graphics, they still have the colored backround. I tried to change the color, nothing. The first and second frame have the same names and I don't know if that is causing the problem but I don't see how you can change it. Idk. If you can tell me how you got the transparency of you battler graphics to work, I would be greatfull.

Download Paint.NET. Open your graphics in there, and use the magic wand tool to delete the colored background. Save as a PNG and it should save the transparency.

ashthebest10

Years
    Download Paint.NET. Open your graphics in there, and use the magic wand tool to delete the colored background. Save as a PNG and it should save the transparency.
    I have paint. Thats how I make my graphics. I havent tried to use a white backround if thats what your saying but I'll try it.

thepsynergist

Years
    I have paint. Thats how I make my graphics. I havent tried to use a white backround if thats what your saying but I'll try it.

No, I said, "Paint.NET". It's a completely different program.

It's like a free version of Photoshop. Just use the magic wand tool to select the background you wanted to be transparent, delete it, and save the whole thing as a PNG.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
    Years
    Well... this is weird. I installed RPG Maker XP on this public ocmputer and nothing is wrong with the pokédex this time. I went to the second region of mine (since I have two regions)and then the pokédex showed up good. Nothing was wrong. I don't know why, though.
    Could the problem be my computer?

thepsynergist

Years
    Well... this is weird. I installed RPG Maker XP on this public ocmputer and nothing is wrong with the pokédex this time. I went to the second region of mine (since I have two regions)and then the pokédex showed up good. Nothing was wrong. I don't know why, though.
    Could the problem be my computer?

Pokemon Essentials is very fickle. Once, I fixed a problem just by copy-pasting my whole project to another folder...

Years
    Mine Pokemon Essentials is also weird.
    It saves game in C\Users\<MyUserName>\Saved Games, not in folder of the game. But on other PC's it works normal...

ashthebest10

Years
    No, I said, "Paint.NET". It's a completely different program.

It's like a free version of Photoshop. Just use the magic wand tool to select the background you wanted to be transparent, delete it, and save the whole thing as a PNG.
    Oh, ok. Sorry. Thanks! I have a hard time paying attention sometimes. Thanks for the help.

Valora17

Something Memorable?
    Years
    So I am trying to check the tileset in Playtest but I get this error:

Code:
    Exception: NoMethodError
    Game_Map_:34:in `setup'
    PokemonMap:662:in `getMap'
    PokemonMap:882:in `setMapsInRange'
    PokemonMap:867:in `each'
    PokemonMap:867:in `setMapsInRange'
    Resolution_:19:in `display_x='
    Game_Map_:49:in `setup'
    PokemonMap:573:in `setup'
    Scene_Map:212:in `transfer_player'
    PokemonDebug:343:in `pbDebugMenu'

Is it something having to do with the tileset? That's pretty much the only thing that makes sense to me..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back