• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2010
    Script "RPG__SPRITE" line 112 : NoMethodError occurred
    undefined method > for nil : NilClass
    HELP!

Himalama

Ghost and Psychic type addict
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2013
    I like your starter kit. I've got one question, though.
    A friend of mine told me you can only add 64x64 sprites and there is a hard way to make more room. Is it true? If so, could you please show me a way to insert 80x80 sprites? (all my fakemon are 80x80)

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • I like your starter kit. I've got one question, though.
    A friend of mine told me you can only add 64x64 sprites and there is a hard way to make more room. Is it true? If so, could you please show me a way to insert 80x80 sprites? (all my fakemon are 80x80)

Just replace your 64x64 with 80x80. Most likely you won't have to do anything. If you do, all you'd have to do was reposition your sprites.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    thank you very much i really appreciate it! :) so to be sure, i right click to setup an event and i go to script?

Soz for the edit but i put in what you told me to put and it didnt accept it when i run it is there an alternative perhaps?
    Here's an example that I just tested, which worked:
    Kernel.pbAddPokemonSilent(PBSpecies::BUBLASAUR,20)
    I'm assuming that when you pasted it, it looked something like this:
    Kernel.pbAddPokemonSilent
    (PBSpecies::BULBASAUR,20)
    Doing that give a syntax error, so move the parenthesis up to the previous line, so that it looks like this:
    Kernel.pbAddPokemonSilent(
    PBSpecies::BULBASAUR,20)
    That should be all you have to do to fix it (and I'm sure the error message said as much).

thepsynergist

Years
  • I'm curious about the rate that Pokerus is encountered in the wild. I swear I get one every 10 wild battles in my tests. Is it just good RNG, or what? I thought that the rate was 1/65535?

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2014
    Could anybody tell me whereabouts I would place (and what name I would give to) a surfing sprite? As in when the player surfs on water.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    For my game, I want to implement a whole entirely new type, but I have looked through some things and I can't find where to do that. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2014
    For my game, I want to implement a whole entirely new type, but I have looked through some things and I can't find where to do that. Can someone point me in the right direction?

In the PBS folder, there is a file called 'types.txt'
    Here you can add or change types, including names, weaknesses, strengths etc. Then using the 'moves.txt' file, you can add new moves of that type. Just use the same syntax original entries are in, and if you get confused, the Notes for Pokémon Essentials are very helpful.

And now a question from me: (Damn new pages...)

Could anybody tell me whereabouts I would place (and what name I would give to) a surfing sprite? As in when the player surfs on water.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I'm curious about the rate that Pokerus is encountered in the wild. I swear I get one every 10 wild battles in my tests. Is it just good RNG, or what? I thought that the rate was 1/65535?
    It's calculated the same as the proper games, in which the rate is 1/8192. It just seems to be a remarkable fluke.

Wait more than an hour and a half before reposting your question. It's not lost to the ages just because it's not on the last page - people still have to read the new posts, and will still reply (if they can) even if it's a page over.

The surfing graphic can be named whatever you want, so long as the file's name is put in the PBS file metadata.txt in the right place. See the wiki for more information (specifically the global metadata lines "PlayerA", etc.).

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
    Years
  • Ok, so still working on the battle screen, which part of the script control where the enemy trainer stands at the beginning and end of the battle. I, for the life of me, can't figure out which parts edit what piece of the battle since everything is named the same stuff, ect. x_X I just wanna move the trainer a little to the left and more upward, I've figured out what controls the sliding of the image. o.o

thepsynergist

Years
  • Is it possible to make a folder inside the BGM folder filled with music and RPG maker will read it? I don't want to make everything be unorganized.

It's possible, but you'd have to redefine the BGM folder path. I don't think that i'd be worth it. What are you doing it for?

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
  • Having a bit of trouble here... I'm using a blank base of the starter kit for this because I don't want to mess anything up in my game... but here's the problem.

I resized my screen to a desired size, and things like the bag, battle screen, etc etc are all in weird positions. Now, I can do CSS positioning with numbers, but I can't find where to position anything with these.

Can anyone lead me to the script where I can reposition things?

Still having trouble... can anyone help me?

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Having a bit of trouble here... I'm using a blank base of the starter kit for this because I don't want to mess anything up in my game... but here's the problem.

I resized my screen to a desired size, and things like the bag, battle screen, etc etc are all in weird positions. Now, I can do CSS positioning with numbers, but I can't find where to position anything with these.

Can anyone lead me to the script where I can reposition things?
    The battle screen is horrible to fiddle with. It's all in PokeBattle_ActualScene.

One thing you can do is look for terms like "yoffset" and things that refer to "Graphics.height"/"Graphics.width". yoffset is zero with the default screen size, and it's positive (i.e. pushes things down the screen) for larger screen sizes.

The data box coordinates are handled near the top of class PokemonDataBox. That's simple enough.

pbBackdrop has the coordinates for the bases (the grey circles below the Pokémon in your picture).

pbStartBattle contains lots of other positionings. Note that they're positioned before everything starts sliding across the screen at the start of the battle, which is why the sprites are off the edges of the screen.

Also have a tentative look at adjustBattleSpriteYEx in PokemonSprite. This repositions the Pokémon sprites in battle depending on some values in pokemon.txt which are typically used to make some Pokémon look airborne. There's a "Graphics.height" bit in here, so change that.

I'm sure there are other things elsewhere that I've missed, and complex relations between numbers that I haven't mentioned (such as exactly where off-screen the sprites should be placed such that they'll end up in the right place).

As I said, it's horrible to do. You're much better off finding someone who knows what they're doing and persuade them to do it for you.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    Does anyone know how to remove shiny pokemon permanently? I tried following the provided guide, but I couldn't find out how to edit it in the script editor. Thanks!

Pokeman298

Life knows not right nor wrong
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2011
    Umm.. I put on some new sinnoh tilesets in the database , then i tried to make it exactly like the overworld one. But whenever a wild pokemon encounter pops up, i get this.

Exception: No Method Error
    PokeBattle_Battle:523:in 'pbSetSeen'
    PokeBattle_Battle:638:in 'pbStartBattleCore'
    PokeBattle_Battle:549:in 'pbStartBattle'
    PokeField:753:in 'pbWildBattle'
    PokeField:752:in 'pbSceneStandby'
    PokeField:754:in 'pbWildBattle'
    PokeField:751:in 'pbBattleAnimation'
    PokeField:751:in 'pbWildBattle'
    PokeField:1069:in 'pbBattleOnStepTaken'
    PokeField:1092:in 'pbOnStepTaken'

could some1 help plz

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Does anyone know how to remove shiny pokemon permanently? I tried following the provided guide, but I couldn't find out how to edit it in the script editor. Thanks!
    PokeBattle_Pokemon, def isShiny?. Replace the 5 lines in there with "return false".

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
  • The battle screen is horrible to fiddle with. It's all in PokeBattle_ActualScene.

One thing you can do is look for terms like "yoffset" and things that refer to "Graphics.height"/"Graphics.width". yoffset is zero with the default screen size, and it's positive (i.e. pushes things down the screen) for larger screen sizes.

The data box coordinates are handled near the top of class PokemonDataBox. That's simple enough.

pbBackdrop has the coordinates for the bases (the grey circles below the Pokémon in your picture).

pbStartBattle contains lots of other positionings. Note that they're positioned before everything starts sliding across the screen at the start of the battle, which is why the sprites are off the edges of the screen.

Also have a tentative look at adjustBattleSpriteYEx in PokemonSprite. This repositions the Pokémon sprites in battle depending on some values in pokemon.txt which are typically used to make some Pokémon look airborne. There's a "Graphics.height" bit in here, so change that.

I'm sure there are other things elsewhere that I've missed, and complex relations between numbers that I haven't mentioned (such as exactly where off-screen the sprites should be placed such that they'll end up in the right place).

As I said, it's horrible to do. You're much better off finding someone who knows what they're doing and persuade them to do it for you.

Gaaaah D; Can't Poccil make a way to place these in the editor.exe in a future release?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back